Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SERATO DJ 1.9.10 + DENON SC5000

john_SA 7:41 PM - 7 November, 2017
It's impossible for to record a set with Serato Dj with only one Denon ˜SC5000. Every time i change the layer (even on touch screen) the recording stop on the laptop. Please advise.
john_SA 7:42 PM - 7 November, 2017
It's impossible for me to record a set with Serato Dj with only one Denon ˜SC5000. Every time i change the layer (even on touch screen) the recording stop on the laptop. Please advise.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:45 PM - 7 November, 2017
Hi john_SA

What is your primary hardware you use to connect to Serato DJ?
john_SA 10:59 PM - 7 November, 2017
Hi Matt-C
i use Akai AMX , and i also tried with VCI-380 evrything works but the issue is the recording when i am using one (single) SC5000 to switch between Deck 1 & 2 via layer 1&2 of the sc5000.
i will try with my sound card and give you feedback.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:54 AM - 8 November, 2017
Thanks john_SA

We have indeed been able to reproduce this issue and will work on getting a fix released for this soon.

For time time being, the use case of using a single deck and layer swapping while recording may need to be avoided sorry to say!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers
Matt
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:34 AM - 8 November, 2017
Just curious as to why Serato doesn't show scrolling waveform on the SC5000. Is there a technical limitation to this on A. Hardware B. Serato

How come the forthcoming Rane 72 will be able to do it?

Denon MCX8000, Numark NV, NS7 3 and the dashboard also were able to
john_SA 11:19 AM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
Just curious as to why Serato doesn't show scrolling waveform on the SC5000. Is there a technical limitation to this on A. Hardware B. Serato

How come the forthcoming Rane 72 will be able to do it?

Denon MCX8000, Numark NV, NS7 3 and the dashboard also were able to

i personaly think that it's business related issue between Denon and Serato.
john_SA 11:20 AM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
Thanks john_SA

We have indeed been able to reproduce this issue and will work on getting a fix released for this soon.

For time time being, the use case of using a single deck and layer swapping while recording may need to be avoided sorry to say!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

thank you

Cheers
Matt
popnwave 3:28 PM - 8 November, 2017
Good find by john_SA!
skinnyguy 9:37 PM - 9 November, 2017
I wouldn't worry TOO much about waveforms on the sc5k if you're using sdj. Not sure about you, but myself, I still look at the computer for waveforms and other info (but I'm using the mcx 8000). Also, I believe having waveforms on the controller does consume a bit more of the computer's resources.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:15 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
I wouldn't worry TOO much about waveforms on the sc5k if you're using sdj. Not sure about you, but myself, I still look at the computer for waveforms and other info (but I'm using the mcx 8000). Also, I believe having waveforms on the controller does consume a bit more of the computer's resources.

When i had the 8000 I used the computer screen much less.

I liked having the info such as FX and scrolling wave on the controller

It took me some time to get used to the Roland DJ 808 that I replaced it with.