DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Thoughts on The DenonDJ SC5000 Prime

GusGomez 2:04 PM - 7 November, 2017
Was wondering what your opinion's are on the DenonDJ SC5000 Prime I personally haven't had a chance to use them but they do look amazing and like a legit contender to the Pioneer CDJ line.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:29 AM - 9 November, 2017
Got a pair this week.

I paired them with my Rane 62. I don't plan to take them to gigs. Purely for home use.

My early opinion

1. As standalone media player they are quite powerful.

2. Engine Prime even though it's still in version 1 is alright. Hasn't crashed and exports fine.

3. In controller mode, I feel the way Serato DJ support was implemented crippled the hardware.
eg
No moving waveform.
No Qwerty Search.
I have no plans to use it with Serato BTW I just tried it to see how it works.

4. The SC5000 has USB 3.0 type B to computer connectivity which I think should provide enough capacity for any decent computer integration and future proofing.

5. It plays MP4, my crates are mixed media and I don't have the time to start separating my video files from audio, so that's a good one.

6. Jog wheel at the lightest settings still feels heavier than CDJs, that will take some getting used to. Turntablist will definitely get a workout whilst cutting 🏋🏾‍♀️💪🏿

7. Overall I think Denon did a great job and it's had a couple of firmware updates since release.

8. I will not be buying the mixer as I've repurposed my 62 for use with the SC5000.
GusGomez 2:14 PM - 9 November, 2017
hmmm I was thinking of getting these atleast one to take out sometimes instead of taking my Turntables since its beginning to be a pain in the ass to take turntables to every gig and a controller for me is out of the question cause I love my S9. but im wondering if its possible to have the S9 pads on sampler mode at all times and just use the Cue point on the players, the other question I have is how simple is it to use just one player for both decks?
DJ Matty Stiles 2:29 PM - 9 November, 2017
They look boss. Honestly if im gonna drop that much money id probably go with the pioneers because theyre in every club. If I could afford them I would get both.

Features look amazing. Appears to be a few features superior to pioneer. Theyre kind of groundbreaking. Hope they compete with pioneer. Competition cant hurt. Will only cause pioneer to lift their game.
GusGomez 3:02 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
They look boss. Honestly if im gonna drop that much money id probably go with the pioneers because theyre in every club. If I could afford them I would get both.

Features look amazing. Appears to be a few features superior to pioneer. Theyre kind of groundbreaking. Hope they compete with pioneer. Competition cant hurt. Will only cause pioneer to lift their game.

I don't really care about the Pioneers being at every club since I always bring my own equipment to the club I hate using the club equipment because you never know if shit works or not...DJ's are horrible at taking care of other peoples equipment they treat club gear like shit same goes for the radio stations smh
Matter fact that's the other reason im thinking of getting one or two of these because in the radio station I don't have to bring both I can just use one with that layer feature it has
omega1855 6:24 AM - 27 November, 2018
Hey, I just picked up a pair of the Sc5000’s, and it seems like the initial thoughts about lag, while cutting in HID mode, are spot on. They definitely feel heavy, at the lightest setting, and I’ll have to put some hours into them to try to adjust.
Dj S-Code 10:29 PM - 11 September, 2019
Quote:
but im wondering if its possible to have the S9 pads on sampler mode at all times and just use the Cue point on the players, the other question I have is how simple is it to use just one player for both decks?

Same question for me at this moment. Have anyone an answer?