DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Controller recommendation

fggs 1:26 AM - 7 November, 2017
Good evening,

As I'm having trouble with my turntables, vinyl skipping etc, I decided to invest on a controller. I've always wanted to have one as it is easy to carry around, even though I love to play with turntables.

I've been looking at DDJ-SR, what are your thoughts about it?

I've also thought about DDJ-RR but I take that I can't use it with Serato DJ, right?

Regards,
Flavio
NUdisc0 2:19 AM - 7 November, 2017
Maybe DDJ-SR2
fggs 2:23 AM - 7 November, 2017
Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, it seems I didn't do my homework properly, from what I could read after posting here DDJ-SR has all kinds of issues.

DDJ-SR2 seem to have good reputation so far, but it is almost twice the price!
Logisticalstyles 5:29 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
DDJ-SR2 seem to have good reputation so far, but it is almost twice the price!

The SR2 is only $100 more than the SR.
fggs 5:48 PM - 7 November, 2017
Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately it is not the case where I am located, Brazil.. SR is ~$700, SR2 is ~$1000
dj_soo 11:18 PM - 7 November, 2017
SR2 is brand new so I have no doubt that some problems could come up as more people use iT.

That said, the sr2 can be used as a mixer with dvs if you want where the original cannot.
fggs 10:29 AM - 8 November, 2017
Yes, SR2 seems like a good cost benefit product, I'll see if I can get one by the end of this month!

Thanks guys!
Stetheboro 9:38 PM - 20 July, 2019
I've got the SR2 and like it. Although now I just use it as a DVS mixer for my Technics as I cant afford and S9 or R 72 yet haha