Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ, expansion packs and supported hardware

possible beta?

dj zaza 8:49 AM - 6 November, 2017
I ask Serato if it will be possible to get a beta of the software that you are going to launch with the release of the new Rane 72 and 12, of course i expect 64-bit software and a high resolution interface with all the bug resolutions required in all these times. The 1.9.9 version is very stable, but there is not much difference in graphics performance compared to other software, it is no longer acceptable that there is a waveform between macs and windows, so when I use Rekordbox I do not notice be on windows or mac because everything is very smooth, when I go back to windows is in pain for the sight, it does not work the more excuse that windows uses a different system to visualize the waveform if Relordbox works well graphically, then Serato must also do it.
DjSyndic8 10:18 AM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
I ask Serato if it will be possible to get a beta of the software that you are going to launch with the release of the new Rane 72 and 12, of course i expect 64-bit software and a high resolution interface with all the bug resolutions required in all these times. The 1.9.9 version is very stable, but there is not much difference in graphics performance compared to other software, it is no longer acceptable that there is a waveform between macs and windows, so when I use Rekordbox I do not notice be on windows or mac because everything is very smooth, when I go back to windows is in pain for the sight, it does not work the more excuse that windows uses a different system to visualize the waveform if Relordbox works well graphically, then Serato must also do it.

perfecting waveform on windows is not a priority for serato.
dj zaza 10:30 AM - 6 November, 2017
I understand that the waveform on Windows is not the priority for Serato, but after all these years of complaints I think that something can be done, this was the case with the first outing of the evening, since with SSL it is not Ever Serata Dj, still the same problem, if they come out with a whole new version of the software and will still have the same problems then we are not there. If there is total news then you have to get rid of old problems, Serato has to thank you for having faithful customers after all these years.
deejdave 2:14 PM - 6 November, 2017
Just remember perfecting the waveforms on ANY given windows machines guarantees perfect waveforms for about .00005% of windows machines being used. Too many variables at play. Still makes you wonder how other apps have accomplished this but it is what it is.
dj zaza 2:20 PM - 6 November, 2017
Rekordbox is as smooth as Serato Dj on mac, so if pioneer has succeeded I do not see why it should not settle for the evening, here they all are always defending Mac