Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I want to buy Serato DJ

Guy Morris 8:07 PM - 5 November, 2017
Ok how damn hard is this to do! Situation: Macbook HD failure so new SSD installed and music files reloaded (no Time Machine back up) I lost my Serato Scratch software but its ok as I want to use SDJ now along with my CDJ NXS2 players now that its all compatible.
Mac is Mountain Lion 10.8.5 8gb memory 525 GB SSD so all fine. BUT what I thought would be the easy part turns out to be a pain in the A** I just want to buy it but when I download the software and expect a pay now box to appear in someway the software opens and allows you to edit it etc and create crates but when you shut it the software icon goes off the tool bar. I don't want a trial or other scheme just the software loaded and good to go but when I click buy it I keep getting can't reach the server (I'm on line ok on a fast connection)
Can someone give me an ABC of how to buy the software please it seems that
wanting to buy something these days is not made easy!

Thanks
deejdave 8:56 PM - 5 November, 2017
store.serato.com click add to cart, pay for items within cart then download said items.

btw I would check the minimum specs for NXS2 players as well as SDJ software which both may be higher than your current OS if I am not mistaken.
Guy Morris 7:39 AM - 6 November, 2017
Thanks for the reply and heads up. I assumed my Mac Ver was ok for SDJ but now I will need to check. Problem now is the the new MacBooks are so stripped down on connectivity now having to go the dongle interface route as well as Serato not yet supporting High Sierra I well maybe in a technology dead zone!
Guy Morris 8:11 AM - 6 November, 2017
Further just found the Serato compatibility chart it appears the last version I can use with OSX 1.8.5 is Serato 1.9.2 which is not NXS2 compatible but ok for CDJ2000 (have those as well so will go that route until High Sierra compatibility is available then it will need to be a new Mac Grrrrrr. Also the serato store.com keeps showing on Safari as not able to connect to seato server? This happens when you either click the store tab or go via another browser like Google? Technology is not loving me this weekend I think its back to USB and SSD drives!
deejdave 1:59 PM - 6 November, 2017
With weather I have not bent having all that much luck myself so I’ll have to get back to u but nothing was “off” as far as I can remember.

As far as 1.9.2 this is the version I am still using to this day so for all but my gear but the nxs2 stuff as well.

Regarding the new mbp and dongles make sure u get one Apple. It is more expensive but it works and will continue to unlike third party products. My 2017 is sitting until the os and software it uses levels off a bit more but it is what it is.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:39 PM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
Further just found the Serato compatibility chart it appears the last version I can use with OSX 1.8.5 is Serato 1.9.2 which is not NXS2 compatible but ok for CDJ2000 (have those as well so will go that route until High Sierra compatibility is available then it will need to be a new Mac Grrrrrr. Also the serato store.com keeps showing on Safari as not able to connect to seato server? This happens when you either click the store tab or go via another browser like Google? Technology is not loving me this weekend I think its back to USB and SSD drives!

High Sierra is now supported on Serato DJ 1.9.10