Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Songs doesn't have any sound in Serato Dj, but play have sound in Itunes

djMcClaren 10:32 PM - 31 October, 2017
Hi!, I'm a beginner, I have a strange phenomena. I drop a song onto Serato and hit play, but no sound, however, the same song have sound in Itunes. I drop another song onto Serato and there it has sound. It's only a few songs that have this problem.
DJ Tecniq 12:02 AM - 1 November, 2017
What Serato hardware are you using?
DjSyndic8 2:34 AM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
What Serato hardware are you using?

also what type of file format is it?
djMcClaren 2:01 PM - 1 November, 2017
I'm using the Pioneer DDj Sx2, the music format is m4a. Thanks.
DjSyndic8 2:09 AM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm using the Pioneer DDj Sx2, the music format is m4a. Thanks.

have you tried converting to mp3 see if that would work?
DJ Tecniq 2:46 AM - 2 November, 2017
Make sure your sound settings on Mac are set correctly. If you can play a song from YouTube and it's outputting from the controller than your sound settings are wrong.
djMcClaren 3:17 PM - 2 November, 2017
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I had converted all my mp3 to Apple Lossless. I read that method is useless. I thought the lossless quality was better than an mp3.
DJ Tecniq 4:32 PM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I had converted all my mp3 to Apple Lossless. I read that method is useless. I thought the lossless quality was better than an mp3.
How many mp3's do you have? Bet that took a lot of time. It is useless considering most DJ's use MP3 pools.
popnwave 6:05 PM - 2 November, 2017
Converting MP3s to lossless is pointless. Either you buy it in that format or you rip actual CDs to that.
DjSyndic8 2:09 AM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
Converting MP3s to lossless is pointless. Either you buy it in that format or you rip actual CDs to that.

I agree stick with mp3s...
djMcClaren 4:13 PM - 3 November, 2017
What should I do with my m4a library of songs?. I have 7,500 songs in m4a format.
DjSyndic8 6:05 PM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
What should I do with my m4a library of songs?. I have 7,500 songs in m4a format.

if you are having issues with only a few of your m4a files then just convert those files to mp3 and see if it works

my whole library is mp3s and I never have file issues,
DJ Tecniq 7:15 PM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
m4a is perfectly fine which is also iTunes format. I have m4a's too and they play just fine I'd leave them.
djMcClaren 5:07 PM - 4 November, 2017
I'll try to convert a couple of those songs to mp3. Thanks.
DjSyndic8 9:30 PM - 4 November, 2017
Quote:
I'll try to convert a couple of those songs to mp3. Thanks.

just convert the corrupted files and see if it will work