Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ, expansion packs and supported hardware

Corrupt files

DJSMASH24 4:36 PM - 30 October, 2017
I ran my library thru Platinum notes and then analyzed in serato ,shows no corrupt files . Then during gig some tracks showed up corrupt after playing ! Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Chez P 1:29 AM - 3 November, 2017
Hey @DJSMASH24,

Can you drop a line to our support team, I'm sure we can help figure out what is going on what your issue.

Simply click on the 'Open Help Request' button to the right of this message.

Cheers.
DjSyndic8 2:13 AM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
I ran my library thru Platinum notes and then analyzed in serato ,shows no corrupt files . Then during gig some tracks showed up corrupt after playing ! Any ideas? Thanks in advance

are these corrupt files playing OK?

I have a few corrupt files but they play fine I have no idea why serato would recognize these as corrupt
DJSMASH24 1:04 PM - 3 November, 2017
Thanks for your help, I did put in ticket I have to send some files to you guys .I deleted them so I have to find them cause the sight of that yellow bolt freaks me out.They did play fine but after playing them the bolt showed up and I spent hours running them thru Platinum notes.
DJSMASH24 4:55 PM - 3 November, 2017
I meant I ran them Thru Platinum notes before serato
DjSyndic8 6:02 PM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
I meant I ran them Thru Platinum notes before serato

i would only use platinum notes if the tracks are not very loud because its pointless if the tracks are ok

but don't freak out at the orange lightning bolts I think Serato gets some of the files wrong... one program would say they are fine and serato would say they are corrupt like I said the files play fine
DJSMASH24 4:24 PM - 5 November, 2017
Thanks for your help DJ syndic8! I took files out of trash analyzed thru serato again and played them numerous times and now lightning bolt is gone ! Happy they are gone but I'm confused 🤔
AddamXavier 6:34 PM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for your help DJ syndic8! I took files out of trash analyzed thru serato again and played them numerous times and now lightning bolt is gone ! Happy they are gone but I'm confused 🤔

If you hover your mouse over the lighting bolt, it'll usually tell you generally what the issue is. Some corruption issues don't directly relate to the audio portions of the file.