Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 72 Blutooth capable?

Ollieboy 3:24 PM - 28 October, 2017
This feature would be amazing! Since alot of the speakers and head phones now a days are made with this feature this means no more cables! And it will be away to help DJs with the new FCC regulation!
Rebelguy 10:33 PM - 28 October, 2017
Quote:
This feature would be amazing! Since alot of the speakers and head phones now a days are made with this feature this means no more cables! And it will be away to help DJs with the new FCC regulation!

What FCC regulation?
Ollieboy 8:32 AM - 29 October, 2017
They're putting a ban on use of wireless audio operating in the 600mhz range starting 2018 www.fcc.gov
Rebelguy 1:35 PM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:
They're putting a ban on use of wireless audio operating in the 600mhz range starting 2018 www.fcc.gov

How would that have anything to do with this mixer or headphones?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 7:57 PM - 29 October, 2017
Hi guys

Currently Bluetooth has an unacceptable amount of latency that would make connectivity problematic for DJ use.

The 30-40ms of delay would cause havoc in the mix (unless you were hardcore into Sync).

I'd suggest keeping Bluetooth for consumer based use for now, but keep an eye on this space for the future!
AddamXavier 2:54 AM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
Hi guys

Currently Bluetooth has an unacceptable amount of latency that would make connectivity problematic for DJ use.

The 30-40ms of delay would cause havoc in the mix (unless you were hardcore into Sync).

I'd suggest keeping Bluetooth for consumer based use for now, but keep an eye on this space for the future!

Another thing Pioneer is trying to change: djworx.com. Not in a mixer, but still pretty interesting and potentially a signal of things to come from them.
Rebelguy 5:37 PM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys

Another thing Pioneer is trying to change: djworx.com. Not in a mixer, but still pretty interesting and potentially a signal of things to come from them.

The codec they are using only addresses the fidelity of the Audio. It does nothing to address the latency. This is pioneer jumping on the Bluetooth bandwagon. This is somewhat useless. If you are using these for studio monitors it would make more sense to wire them up given the short distance.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:28 AM - 31 October, 2017
Quote:
The codec they are using only addresses the fidelity of the Audio. It does nothing to address the latency. This is pioneer jumping on the Bluetooth bandwagon. This is somewhat useless. If you are using these for studio monitors it would make more sense to wire them up given the short distance.

My 1st thought was for a wedding or mobile DJ - decent sound - no mixing.

Mic the Rev, bride, and groom - cue the ceremony music - ACTION!

Break down or move in a matter of seconds...
greggotron 3:51 AM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi guys

Have you tried the mixfader? That uses Bluetooth and seems to have no real latency that’s detectable by ear.