Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer ddj sr2 wake up issue

RennieB 6:25 PM - 27 October, 2017
Anyone using the ddj sr2 has encountered problems in their unit to wake up?
DjSyndic8 6:38 PM - 27 October, 2017
Quote:

Must be a heavy sleeper ay lol :)

can you elaborate more on what your issue is RennieB
eugguy 7:26 PM - 27 October, 2017
Try caffeine if you have a macbook...
DJ Tecniq 10:39 PM - 27 October, 2017
Quote:
You mean wake it up when it's on demo mode?
RennieB 1:49 AM - 28 October, 2017
It is a new feature on the controller, the pioneer manual says:

Disabling the auto standby function
● When the auto standby function is set to on, if 4 hours have passed while the following conditions are all met, the unit automatically enters standby status.
— No buttons or controls, etc. except for the [MIC] control on the unit are operated.
— No audio signals of -18 dB or greater are input to this unit’s input terminals.
● When the [CENSOR (WAKE UP)] button is pressed, the standby status is canceled
● By default, the auto standby function is enabled.

Press the [AUTO LOOP] button of the left deck.
● [AUTO LOOP] button lit: Auto standby function is enabled
● [AUTO LOOP] button off: Auto standby function is disabled
DJ Tecniq 7:10 AM - 28 October, 2017
Quote:
It is a new feature on the controller, the pioneer manual says:

Disabling the auto standby function
● When the auto standby function is set to on, if 4 hours have passed while the following conditions are all met, the unit automatically enters standby status.
— No buttons or controls, etc. except for the [MIC] control on the unit are operated.
— No audio signals of -18 dB or greater are input to this unit’s input terminals.
● When the [CENSOR (WAKE UP)] button is pressed, the standby status is canceled
● By default, the auto standby function is enabled.

Press the [AUTO LOOP] button of the left deck.
● [AUTO LOOP] button lit: Auto standby function is enabled
● [AUTO LOOP] button off: Auto standby function is disabled
No idea I have SR2 however you can tweak those settings or even disable them in utility mode. The online manual more pages than the reg manual but you can even tweak xfade cut, jogwheel colors and other settings in utility mode.
DJ Tecniq 7:28 AM - 28 October, 2017
Is more*
RennieB 2:21 PM - 28 October, 2017
Can you tell me if when you enter untility mode, only the peak light blinks on the controller?

Also in utility mode pressing the auto loop button does not cause it to light up, can you cehck this and let me know.
DJ Tecniq 4:29 PM - 28 October, 2017
What exactly are you wanting to do with the controller? When it's in utility mode nothing blinks. Press shift + play, pause button while powering on will engage utility mode.
Logisticalstyles 1:58 AM - 29 October, 2017
I've only had mine for 24 hours but so far there's been no issue with the wake up feature. My controller goes to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. If I move a knob, slider, or press a button then it will come out of demo mode
how does yours behave?
DJ Tecniq 7:18 AM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:
I've only had mine for 24 hours but so far there's been no issue with the wake up feature. My controller goes to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. If I move a knob, slider, or press a button then it will come out of demo mode
how does yours behave?
Same for me unless he has a defective unit or something. When the controller isn't active it will go into demo mode but as soon as I touch it it comes back to life.
DjSyndic8 3:45 PM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
how does yours behave?
Same for me unless he has a defective unit or something. When the controller isn't active it will go into demo mode but as soon as I touch it it comes back to life.

thats how it should be , same as mine, I know u can turn of this demo mode in utility
RennieB 3:12 AM - 4 November, 2017
it doesn't come out of demo mode even when knobs are pressed
DJ Tecniq 7:16 AM - 4 November, 2017
Quote:
it doesn't come out of demo mode even when knobs are pressed
What are the specs of your laptop?
Laz219 2:09 PM - 4 November, 2017
I have to ask....if it'll be left for 4+ hours, why not just shut it down altogether?
Logisticalstyles 1:16 PM - 5 November, 2017
That may be a typo in the manual. Mine goes to Demo mode after 10 minutes of inactivity.
RennieB 6:10 PM - 5 November, 2017
MacBook Pro 2012 i5 2.5
16gb ram 512ssd
RennieB 6:12 PM - 5 November, 2017
There is a difference between demo and wake up. Demo is when the unit works and when you pass a button it comes out of the stage where all the knowbs light up.

It wake up mode it is working. The controller is sleeping and when you press knobs it doesn't respond.
Screwface Muziq 8:55 PM - 5 March, 2019
I have the same issue with this unit. When it goes to sleep and you "wake up" the unit, the MAC doesn't detect the unit. I have to power down and start all over. That doesn't happen with any other Pioneer controller or DJM... It's extremely frustrating because the process to get this unit to connect varies.