DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

House party

Baardman 11:43 PM - 25 October, 2017
I am having a house party on tuesday with about 80 people coming. I am going to b DJing but I don't have any speakers yet (well i have some Adam a7s but not gonna risk blowing them) and i'm on quite a budget so looking to buy a single Behringer Eurolive B210D Active 2-Way PA Speaker, would this be good enough on its own for a big party? and is it easy to set up in mono on its own with a DDJ-SX

I would rather buy than rent because I am djing at another party 2 days later and would want one for future parties as well
577er 12:03 AM - 26 October, 2017
Rent rent rent rent rent rent rent rent....

Don't be that guy with the shitty speakers. Be that guy with great speakers people want to hire again. Save your money and buy quality not Beringer as tempting as buying is you will regret it in no time.

Or Craigslist some quality speakers 😉
Baardman 1:06 AM - 26 October, 2017
Are the behringers really that bad? Have you listened to them before? And what would you class as quality speakers like examples? Also along the line of using 1 speaker if I invested in 1 quality speaker would it be better than 2 behringers?
577er 1:47 AM - 26 October, 2017
The beringers sound bad and break very easily. I've had one of 12 QSC speakers die in 13 years of heavy use (while loaned out). Everyone I've know with Beringer has had a failure or multiple failures inside of a year. They are junk.

Anything QSC, EV, JBL, Yamaha, or even Peavy will last much longer and sound better.

It really pays to skip the super cheap audio equipment.
Baardman 8:20 PM - 26 October, 2017
took your advice and put a hole in my wallet haha, went today and got an RCF used for £250 apparently its worth £700 new, RCF wasnt in your list, are they a good make?
Baardman 8:21 PM - 26 October, 2017
they let me listen to it in store and it sounds spot on
DJ Guayo 8:28 PM - 26 October, 2017
RCF is a well respected brand. Especially in Europe. Which model speaker did you purchase?
Baardman 8:30 PM - 26 October, 2017
the ART 525-A
577er 11:55 PM - 26 October, 2017
RCF are very nice. congratulations! If I'd known you were in Europe I'd have recommended them for sure.
Baardman 7:59 PM - 31 October, 2017
thanks for the advice guys, very happy with it