DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Correct way to connect my gear tops and subs

Smoke21 3:51 PM - 20 October, 2017
Hi guys, next month ill be having an event of about 280 people, the place ot will be held is a school gym... now i have in mind 2 setups and please if there is any suggestions please do post them here... will i be fine with 2 tops and 2 subs for that event or the second option i have in mind is 4 tops and 2 subs... and if The second option fits best how would i correctly connect the subs and the 4 tops to each other... i usually have the 2 tops and 2 subs configuration most of the time. But im thinking about the 4 tops and 2 subs config. Any suggestions or opinions will be greatly appreciated... Thanks...
DJMJB 6:27 PM - 22 October, 2017
I think it will depend on how you are oriented in the gym. if you are playing short side, then 2 tops should be fine. gyms can be a nightmare for sound reinforcement.
Smoke21 12:57 AM - 23 October, 2017
Its not a gymthat wide but it is long length wise ... thanks @djMJB for the response
dj_soo 4:19 AM - 23 October, 2017
2 tops over 4 subs would be better than 4 tops over two subs.

Kinda depends on what type of speakers you're using tho
Smoke21 1:14 PM - 23 October, 2017
This is the size of the gym... got it from somwone else who did an event there if it helps to see what audio i should take ... www.facebook.com