DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Reloop RP-7000 MK2

your momma 1:55 AM - 20 October, 2017
if you was going to buy new tables would you go with the Denon VL12 prime

or

the new Reloop RP-7000 MK2?

i was completely sold on the VL12's, but now theres a new turntable.

anyone got any good info?
(i aint bought any tables yet...)

then again the Rane 12's seem pretty slick.
slimmjimm 2:46 AM - 20 October, 2017
I wanted the VL-12's, until they took so long and jumped in price. Then I decided to go all in on SDJ and pre-ordered the Rane Twelve, now that's taking forever and I think I might just grab the RP-7000's.

Looks like my life won't ever get away from control vinyl and needle replacements.
dj_soo 7:27 AM - 20 October, 2017
I ended up going with the denon sc3900s which, while not perfect, are doing the trick for me. So over replacing needles and control vinyl. Now my 1200s can stay at hoMe for my mobile gigs.

That said, I would love to see the Twelves become a standard club/festival install, but I'm not holding my breathe.
GusGomez 1:23 PM - 20 October, 2017
I have the VL12's and I have the Stanton STR8-150's I love the look and feel of the VL12's the tracking is amazing and have had no issues with them but for the price get the Reloops I think the VL12's are overpriced even though they are great. as far as the RANE i was thinking of getting them but they keep delaying them and that's really frustrating
slimmjimm 4:23 PM - 20 October, 2017
I actually expected the Rane to be delayed when I pre-ordered, just maybe not that long.

I really want to like the Denon SC, but there is too much extra going on there, and I’m not sure I want all the capabilities that I won’t use/not interested in.
your momma 9:00 PM - 20 October, 2017
all i know is a pair of vl12's is 2300 CDN. a pair of reloops is 1400 CDN.
dj_soo 7:24 PM - 21 October, 2017
Quote:
I actually expected the Rane to be delayed when I pre-ordered, just maybe not that long.

I really want to like the Denon SC, but there is too much extra going on there, and I’m not sure I want all the capabilities that I won’t use/not interested in.

I would agree if it were full price, but since it's discontinued, you can get them for less than 1/2 the original price.

Not easy to find tho. Engine is garbage, but it's nice having that usb as backup at least.
JAHJAH 4:41 AM - 21 January, 2018
The Reloop RP7000 mark2 is best table to get feels way better then technics. Also don't forget this RP7000 mark 2 has same redesigned tonearm and parts and is better then the soon releasing reloop turn 5 HiFi turntable priced between £700 to £800 which comes with a 5mm rubber mat and gold anodized platter and has no pitch control. Compare the reloop Rp7000 mark 2 and the Reloop turn 5 look closely as parts are almost identical. Am using Reloop RP-7000. I think even the sound quality is better then technics SL models. Just be careful of wobbly platter or loose tonearm bearings or even over tightened tonearm bearings. If you get a good deck which does not make noises when tonearm is moved do horizontal and vertical tonearm bearings checks and if okay keep the deck. I put 3mm technics rubber mat and heavy 50 gram slipmats on the RP 7000 mark 2 can't beat it for sound quality and scratching mixing. I think this table could even be better then the overpriced newly released Technics SL - G series. Only time will tell how robust the brushless motor and tonearm bearings and electronics parts are. Can even do full rewind with the anti skating set at 2 without needle jumping or wobbling and counterweight set at a light standard 2 grams which is the normal setting for average cartridges. Also has better reviews then the more expensive Pioneer PLX 1000.
05spoof 6:37 PM - 6 May, 2018
Quote:
The Reloop RP7000 mark2 is best table to get feels way better then technics. Also don't forget this RP7000 mark 2 has same redesigned tonearm and parts and is better then the soon releasing reloop turn 5 HiFi turntable priced between £700 to £800 which comes with a 5mm rubber mat and gold anodized platter and has no pitch control. Compare the reloop Rp7000 mark 2 and the Reloop turn 5 look closely as parts are almost identical. Am using Reloop RP-7000. I think even the sound quality is better then technics SL models. Just be careful of wobbly platter or loose tonearm bearings or even over tightened tonearm bearings. If you get a good deck which does not make noises when tonearm is moved do horizontal and vertical tonearm bearings checks and if okay keep the deck. I put 3mm technics rubber mat and heavy 50 gram slipmats on the RP 7000 mark 2 can't beat it for sound quality and scratching mixing. I think this table could even be better then the overpriced newly released Technics SL - G series. Only time will tell how robust the brushless motor and tonearm bearings and electronics parts are. Can even do full rewind with the anti skating set at 2 without needle jumping or wobbling and counterweight set at a light standard 2 grams which is the normal setting for average cartridges. Also has better reviews then the more expensive Pioneer PLX 1000.

Is the tonearm really different? It looks like the same ones found on the rp-8000 but just the height adjustments has been changed to resemble something like a 1200. I didn’t like the tonearms on the 8000’s. They pick up feedback real easy. Just snapping your fingers near the tonearm is enough.
JAHJAH 6:55 PM - 6 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Is the tonearm really different? It looks like the same ones found on the rp-8000 but just the height adjustments has been changed to resemble something like a 1200. I didn’t like the tonearms on the 8000’s. They pick up feedback real easy. Just snapping your fingers near the tonearm is enough.

I have carefully examined all the pictures and am sure the tonearm is even made from different material then the RP8000. The tonearm weight is also totally different. There is no problems with feedback on the RP7000 mk 2.

Now there are lots of reviews online rating this turntable as it is now a while since the RP7000 mk 2 launch. The only negative reviews are the table does not have tonearm or stylus & needle. But regarding the sound quality and chassis build nobody has left a negative review.
@DjEloThePrince 2:28 AM - 4 July, 2018
I have a pair of the new 1210GR’s and I absolutely say they are the best out there, hands down. The Pioneer PLX 1000’s are solid too. I just don’t see dropping $499 on a Reloop 7000MK2 that mimics a 1200 when you can drop the same amount and get the Pioneer PLX500’s if that’s the range you’re looking to invest in.
dj_soo 6:29 AM - 4 July, 2018
RP7000 is a much better table than the PLX500.

The RP7000 is a super OEM while the PLX500 is based off the hanpin class below that and has less torque.

The 7000 is the same as the PLX1000.
PaulDeLoop 8:31 PM - 20 September, 2018
I own a pair of sl1210mk2. I bought them in 99/2000. Friend of mine just bought one rp7000mk2. I was curious... I have made some test. In my opinion there is no reason to buy technics anymore. RP7000mk2 act exactly te same way. It also has some extra features helpful for djs. I have no doubt Technics is a legend, and was a king for a long time. It's still great but comparing the prices of new Technics, PLX1000, VL12, Stanton ST150 to RP7000mk2... U know what I mean :-)
HighTopFade 11:51 PM - 20 September, 2018
If my current decks somehow disappeared, I wouldn't hesitate to get the Reloop 7000MK2. Been buying, selling, and trading 1200s for awhile now. Unless they're proven low mileage or new in box, there's usually some issue. Could be tonearm, PCB, grounding, etc. With the rising cost of parts, may be better off just buying new Reloop decks.
Iliya20 2:42 PM - 24 August, 2019
Quote:

I have carefully examined all the pictures and am sure the tonearm is even made from different material then the RP8000. The tonearm weight is also totally different. There is no problems with feedback on the RP7000 mk 2.

Now there are lots of reviews online rating this turntable as it is now a while since the RP7000 mk 2 launch. The only negative reviews are the table does not have tonearm or stylus & needle. But regarding the sound quality and chassis build nobody has left a negative review.

JAHJAH,

I'm currently chosing between RP-7000 mk2 and TURN5 for a home use.

They do seem to have different tonearms: according to specs the one on RP-7000 mk2 has effective moving mass of 12.8 gramms while the TURN5 has havier tonearm with effective moving mass of 20 gramms. And the What Hi-Fi magazine test claimed that TURN5's tonearm is somewhat too heavy for the compliance of that Ortofon 2M Red cartridge (which BTW some people don't like at all).

Also RP-7000 mk2 has 1,5 kg platter and TURN5 has 1,8 kg platter (with a rubber mat). Might it be that the 0.3 kg difference is just the weight of that 5 mm thick rubber mat and otherwise those platters have the same design?

So, which one of these to turntable would be better for a simple Hi-Fi home application?
pixxey 4:55 PM - 6 March, 2020
I have a pair of Denon VL12 prime very easy to mix on, I had some Stanton str8 150 before these I found them very hard to mix on to much torque. The Denons can produce as much torque as the Stanton's but they have a low and high setting makes them much more easier to mix with and its really hard to mix 94 95 garage on the Stanton's, the Denon's do it with ease. I had to always mix house with the Stanton they struggle to much with garage. The Denons I think personally are far better for beat matching.
AKIEM 5:42 PM - 6 March, 2020
Reloops (first tier Hanpins) are fine. But I doubt they have the life expectancy of 1200s
pixxey 5:54 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Reloops (first tier Hanpins) are fine. But I doubt they have the life expectancy of 1200s

Reloops if you look around you can pick up for £329 you can buy 2 of them for Less than a new technic what are made really badly.
AKIEM 8:30 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Reloops if you look around you can pick up for £329 you can buy 2 of them for Less than a new technic what are made really badly.

I meant the original 1200s. I use my mk2s regularly.
sold my Reloops...
pixxey 8:37 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I meant the original 1200s. I use my mk2s regularly.
sold my Reloops...

My Stantons I owned were first generation ones
The grey one their about 15 years old now they were hsrpin made still going strong , have sold them on now.
pixxey 8:41 PM - 6 March, 2020
Most technics mrk2 would have some kind of repair by now their might be some going strong but a lot of them would of had some kind of service.
AKIEM 8:58 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Most technics mrk2 would have some kind of repair by now their might be some going strong but a lot of them would of had some kind of service.

All of them need the pop light replaced years ago, pitch fader adjusted and rca cables replaced a couple times, and etc....

But I would expect them to live longer than any Hanpin.
pixxey 9:03 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

All of them need the pop light replaced years ago, pitch fader adjusted and rca cables replaced a couple times, and etc....

But I would expect them to live longer than any Hanpin.

The technics are worth having repaired their like a £1000 a pair now. You would just replace the Stantons with a another one their only £200 each second hand.
DjRed95 4:49 AM - 7 March, 2020
I personally own two Reloop RP-7000 MK2 . Honestly they are better in every way shape and form than Technics 1200. Most people wont get with the times and go Reloop due to brand loyalty with Technics and because it hasn’t had its service record established as long as technics but yet Reloop is the leading DJ brand in Europe next to Pioneer in terms of production and performance . I love my Reloops . Wouldnt trade them for old busted Technics 1200s . Thats just me though . If you do find a servicable pair of 1200s for the same price as the reloops then go that route. But just know youre not getting the torque adjust or the 16,50 % pitch .
kip 7:27 AM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
But just know youre not getting the torque adjust or the 16,50 % pitch .

>90% djs don't need the high torque or 50% pitch.
kip 7:28 AM - 7 March, 2020
And the off button cuts the sound off on the Reloop.
AKIEM 8:03 AM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
I personally own two Reloop RP-7000 MK2 . Honestly they are better in every way shape and form than Technics 1200. Most people wont get with the times and go Reloop due to brand loyalty with Technics and because it hasn’t had its service record established as long as technics but yet Reloop is the leading DJ brand in Europe next to Pioneer in terms of production and performance . I love my Reloops . Wouldnt trade them for old busted Technics 1200s . Thats just me though . If you do find a servicable pair of 1200s for the same price as the reloops then go that route. But just know youre not getting the torque adjust or the 16,50 % pitch .

lmao
metroplex2005 10:28 AM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Honestly they are better in every way shape and form than Technics 1200.

Honestly? No. And no, I am not a technics fanboy, i am open minded.

I own, use and rent several Technics, mk2-5. (no mk7s, i refuse to spend that money for a cheap takedown of their GR).
Most of them for about 15-20 years now.

And i also own, use and rent a pair of Reloop 8000 mk1(rp7000 + midi controls).

I care and charge a lot for my gear, so almost everything is in pristine condition. No worn out platter bearings or bleeding pitchfaders (recalibrated/replaced if neccessary) and some are looking brand new, without any dents or scratches.

But the built quality and sandwich isolation of the technics is far superior to the Reloop/SuperOEM-Hanpin units. Thats a fact.

Don't get me wrong, the 7000/8000 or other SuperOEM Hanpin units are reliable, high quality professional turntables. The product is solid, build quality is good and once you get along with the digital pitch resolution, you can mix and scratch flawless (if tonearm bearings are adjusted correctly).
With a propper setup i will do everey gig, no complaints.

The switchable 8/16% pitchrange is nice to have, the 78rpm and 50% pitchrange features are almost useless, except for some performance sets that i don't do (Vestax PDX2000 ultra-pitch with two pitchfaders made much more sense).
The platter bearings are solid, the platters are heavy and have a nice rubber isolation.
And the adjustable torque is great for adjusting your preffered torque.
I like my rp8000s, they are great decks, especially when paired with mixers that lacking performance pads, like a djm900, TTM56/57, ect.
With a good SuperOEM you get a lot of turntable, features (you may or may not need) and value for your money. Except the Pioneer PLX1000, which is totally overpriced for what you get.
Will a SuperOEM last as long as a mk2-5 technics? I don't know, we will see.

The technics mk2-5 are lacking in features, they are totally basic. Everything you need to spin vinyl in a djs way, no more, no less.
But it superseeds everything else on the market (including mk7) in built quality. This units are developed with hifi in mind, pure soundquality and isolation. Built like a tank, the sandwich construction from thick diecast uppershell - internal resin skeleton - rubber bottomshell is outstanding.
Sadly they are not making this kind of quality anymore.

Pricing for a used pair in good condition is mostly ridiculous.
If you have some in good condition and care for them, you don't need anything else.
They probably will last longer than you live.
If you can get some really good ones for a bargain, pull the trigger.

But don't buy beaten up ones for a fortune. Thats not worth it.
Especially when there are quality alternatives for less money.

In fact, no new turntable is worth buying: djtechtools.com

My opinion:
I personally prefer a new SuperOEM over a beaten up mk2-5 every time.
But I prefer a good condition mk2-5 over a SuperOEM every time, because of the build quality, isolation and because i got used to this units over 20 years now.
Just personal preference.
If I had to buy brand new ones, I would buy a Reloop rp7000/8000 Hanpin again, its proven design and quality for professional use.
They are widely available, cheaper and have more features, compared to a pristine mk2-5.
But that makes them not "better" in a quality point of view.

Quote:

Not on my rp8000s. Only if you are using the (shitty) built in preamp with line output. If you use the phono output it will not cut the audio.
DjRed95 2:55 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I own, use and rent several Technics, mk2-5. (no mk7s, i refuse to spend that money for a cheap takedown of their GR).

I care and charge a lot for my gear, so almost everything is in pristine condition. No worn out platter bearings or bleeding pitchfaders (recalibrated/replaced if neccessary) and some are looking brand new, without any dents or scratches.

But the built quality and sandwich isolation of the technics is far superior to the Reloop/SuperOEM-Hanpin units. Thats a fact.

Don't get me wrong, the 7000/8000 or other SuperOEM Hanpin units are reliable, high quality professional turntables. The product is solid, build quality is good and once you get along with the digital pitch resolution, you can mix and scratch flawless (if tonearm bearings are adjusted correctly).

The switchable 8/16% pitchrange is nice to have, the 78rpm and 50% pitchrange features are almost useless, except for some performance sets that i don't do (Vestax PDX2000 ultra-pitch with two pitchfaders made much more sense).
The platter bearings are solid, the platters are heavy and have a nice rubber isolation.
I like my rp8000s, they are great decks, especially when paired with mixers that lacking performance pads, like a djm900, TTM56/57, ect.
With a good SuperOEM you get a lot of turntable, features (you may or may not need) and value for your money. Except the Pioneer PLX1000, which is totally overpriced for what you get.

The technics mk2-5 are lacking in features, they are totally basic. Everything you need to spin vinyl in a djs way, no more, no less.
But it superseeds everything else on the market (including mk7) in built quality. This units are developed with hifi in mind, pure soundquality and isolation. Built like a tank, the sandwich construction from thick diecast uppershell - internal resin skeleton - rubber bottomshell is outstanding.

If you have some in good condition and care for them, you don't need anything else.

My opinion:
But I prefer a good condition mk2-5 over a SuperOEM every time, because of the build quality, isolation and because i got used to this units over 20 years now.
If I had to buy brand new ones, I would buy a Reloop rp7000/8000 Hanpin again, its proven design and quality for professional use.
They are widely available, cheaper and have more features, compared to a pristine mk2-5.

Quote:

Not on my rp8000s. Only if you are using the (shitty) built in preamp with line output. If you use the phono output it will not cut the audio.

When you’re talking about build quality (for now) and Hi-fi , sure the Technics are better in that specific sense . The Reloops haven’t been out as long as the Technics so its hard to compare the two . Time will tell.

Also more and more technics are being serviced today than ever before (due to age im sure) . There is also the fact the 1200s have the RCAs internally soldered and is a dumb idea .

- I also already mentioned that if you find a serviceable pair of Technics for the Same price then itd be better to go that route . But given the used market and questionable abuse of Technics these days , it would behoove Djs to get Reloops for $499 a table instead with a solid warranty , so if there is a defect you can get covered .

Technics Mk7s offer a warranty but they are also $999 a table and my discussion was aimed more at the Mk2s and Mk5 etc, since generally speaking, they are more in line price wise with the MSRP of Reloops .

- also 16% Pitch is pretty beneficial when you are using Keylock through serato and are quickmixing .
metroplex2005 3:12 PM - 7 March, 2020
Yes, you are right.
But they are simply not better in every way shape or form than a mk2-5.
Removable rca cables and more than 8% pitchrange do not qualify for that, every shitty belt driven beginner turntable have that features.
The overall build quality, craftsmanship, used materials, construction and isolation of the mk2-5 is superior to everything else on the market.
The SuperOEM units are a solid (the only) alternative, Great turntables. I have nothing to complain on my 8000s, I like them very much and would use and recommend them every time.
But they are simply not better, sorry;-)
DjRed95 1:36 AM - 8 March, 2020
Idk . Technics are great , but i wouldnt put them above Reloops lol.But thats just me .Too each their own . Until i see Reloop RP7000s/8000s start failing and being glitchy I’ll keep them . 🙂 Reliability really is more about user care than materials . DJTechtools did an honest review on the Reloops and marked them as his favorite turntable . DJ Angelo also stands behind them . Technics are proven but there are better options in 2020 that offer more for midi mapping and adjustments . Ie.) Reloop RP-8000mk2
AKIEM 2:08 AM - 8 March, 2020
Hanpins probably have a shorter life expectancy than 1200s. The chances Reloops last 40+ years is slimer.
DJ Quartz 3:17 AM - 8 March, 2020
I have two sets of Stanton ST-150's. I got them in 2005.

One pair I use solely for the road the other in studio.

Both pairs are running strong to this day.

The only repair I had to do was replace a platter on one of the decks I used for the road.

What happened is the glue separated from the magnet on the platter, which could be fixed.

But I decided to replace it regardless. That happened about 7yrs ago and has been good since.

Other than that, I replaced target lights due to my cases not having good enough support and the housing was cracked. They were cheap to replace so I order new ones. That was about 5 years ago now.

I also added good padding to my cases so that wouldn't be a problem again.

To me the ST-150's are heavy but solid. I spun with them everywhere I went and never had any feedback issues with them ever! Never had a problem mixing on them either.

I was considering switching to PLX-1000's but realized what was the point if the Stanton's are still working.

The only reason I would do that now is because they are discontinued if anything but still don't really want to.
pixxey 11:47 AM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My opinion:

Quote:

When you’re talking about build quality (for now) and Hi-fi , sure the Technics are better in that specific sense . The Reloops haven’t been out as long as the Technics so its hard to compare the two . Time will tell.

Also more and more technics are being serviced today than ever before (due to age im sure) . There is also the fact the 1200s have the RCAs internally soldered and is a dumb idea .

- I also already mentioned that if you find a serviceable pair of Technics for the Same price then itd be better to go that route . But given the used market and questionable abuse of Technics these days , it would behoove Djs to get Reloops for $499 a table instead with a solid warranty , so if there is a defect you can get covered .

Technics Mk7s offer a warranty but they are also $999 a table and my discussion was aimed more at the Mk2s and Mk5 etc, since generally speaking, they are more in line price wise with the MSRP of Reloops .

- also 16% Pitch is pretty beneficial when you are using Keylock through serato and are quickmixing .

Some of the Technics MK7 have had some issue with the casting of the platter technics refuses to repair it on warranty so not to sure how good their warranty is.
DJ Quartz 2:01 PM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Some of the Technics MK7 have had some issue with the casting of the platter technics refuses to repair it on warranty so not to sure how good their warranty is.

What I found when I saw MK7's in person recently I was not impressed with the build quality for the price they are charging.

I prefer the build quality of the older technics models by far compared to the new model.

The model I liked the best were the 1200M5G's.

I would take a pair of those again.
DJ Quartz 2:11 PM - 8 March, 2020
Had a pair in 2003 for about a year,

www.technics.com

The reason I took them back is because they were $1100 each back then and I ended up quitting for a year.

Then I got the American Audio HTD 4.5. They were good decks but only good for the studio because the chassis did not have any dampening material so they weren't good for road use.

They were basically hollow inside. That's when I upgraded to the Stanton ST-150's couple years later.
DJ Quartz 2:19 PM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Except the Pioneer PLX1000, which is totally overpriced for what you get.

I hate the fact that Pioneer overpriced their version. I find out of all hanpin based turntables, these have the best build quality, imho.

I was hoping the Stanton 150M2's would have been the same as the PLX1000. But I hate the that they took away the power switch and extra buttons to change modes and the start/brake adjust controls.

The have a lighter build and recessed the platter but didn't upgrade the tonearm config.

www.stantondj.com

I haven't personally tried the Reloop series so I'm not sure how good the isolation of the cabinet is.

From experience I have found the Stanton 150's and PLX-1000's to have the best feedback resistance other than Technics.
DJ Quartz 2:28 PM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
The model I liked the best were the 1200M5G's.

The correct model number is 1210M5G.

We need an edit button... lol
HighTopFade 3:57 PM - 11 March, 2020
At $500 bucks a piece, can't go wrong with the RP-7000MK2. It looks good and performs very well. The build quality is on par with the more expensive PLX-1000.
DJ Quartz 6:08 PM - 11 March, 2020
Quote:
At $500 bucks a piece, can't go wrong with the RP-7000MK2. It looks good and performs very well. The build quality is on par with the more expensive PLX-1000.

For sure, that's what I paid for my ST-150's back in '05 hence the switch from 1200's.