Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Please make a one time echo effect

BENANAS 11:50 PM - 12 October, 2017
I mix quite a bit, play out, and scratch at my shows. I feel like an effect that repeats the last 1/4 - 1/2 - 1 - 2 - 4 bars at x% volume (effect knob) of the track that the effect is being applied to would be suuuuuch a useful and EASILY implemented effect.

Please make it happen!
DJ Tecniq 12:52 AM - 13 October, 2017
There is already an echo out fx
djcrap 4:49 AM - 15 October, 2017
Quote:

Thats not echo out lol thats echo distorted fx or even i think distorted echo
DJ Tecniq 7:55 AM - 15 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Lol it should be called "trainwreck fx" cause it's so horribly out of time.
BENANAS 3:16 PM - 8 January, 2018
And if you activate that fx, it will keep going until it distorts itself out completely. So not really a one time echo, more of a 5-10 time echo depending on your wet/dry.
realstacktrace 5:28 PM - 12 January, 2018
Imagine if Serato open-sourced FX. That'd open a whole new world of interesting things you could apply to your music.
Psythik 7:22 AM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've never had any issues with Echo Out's timing. It's perfectly in-beat every single time. Sounds like an issue with your equipment.
DJ Tecniq 7:55 AM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've never had any issues with Echo Out's timing. It's perfectly in-beat every single time. Sounds like an issue with your equipment.
Def not the echo out has always been distorted in SDJ. I’ve used SL3, SB2, S9 and SR2 and the echo out sounds fine for the most part it is random when you hear the distortion it is not all the time.
realstacktrace 1:14 PM - 16 January, 2018
Prior to using my DJM-S9 and Serato, I was using a Behringer DDM-4000 and VirtualDJ. The Behringer came out in like 2007 and still has better sounding effects than Serato and the S9. Serato really needs to improve the quality of their FX.
DJ Tecniq 1:56 PM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
Prior to using my DJM-S9 and Serato, I was using a Behringer DDM-4000 and VirtualDJ. The Behringer came out in like 2007 and still has better sounding effects than Serato and the S9. Serato really needs to improve the quality of their FX.
Blame izotope it’s their fx.
realstacktrace 3:24 PM - 16 January, 2018
True, but Serato has the contract w/Izotope, and many users aren't aware it's Izotope under the hood. Regardless, it needs a lot of improvement.
Rebelguy 4:29 PM - 16 January, 2018
Very bizarre as izotope has some great sound stuff.
realstacktrace 5:13 PM - 16 January, 2018
They definitely do. It's as if Serato said to Izotope "do you have any FX that sounds like a pile of shit? You do?? Awesome! We would like to make it the only FX option in our software."
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 PM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
and still has better sounding effects than Serato and the S9.

calling bs on this
realstacktrace 9:24 PM - 16 January, 2018
Call what you want, it just sounds better to me. Higher quality reverb and phaser for sure.
DJ Matty Stiles 9:43 PM - 16 January, 2018
I use reverb at the same time to obfuscate the distortion.

Timing is fine. To the poster who experienced bad timing. Check your parameters. I’m on 1 beat. No issues with that .

By one time, do you mean that you don’t have to disengage the effect, it does this automatically? That would be cool, as when I’m quick mixing I sometimes forget to turn the effect off. The red effects light on my SP-1 helps.
Mr. Goodkat 12:57 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Call what you want, it just sounds better to me. Higher quality reverb and phaser for sure.

so serato efx (in SDJ) and the Pioneer S9 efx are both less quality than the berhinger?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:15 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

so serato efx (in SDJ) and the Pioneer S9 efx are both less quality than the berhinger?

As I still use the DDM 4000 I can say it is way better than the Serato efx. Clean, clear, no distortion. I can't confirm the S9.
Mr. Goodkat 1:31 AM - 17 January, 2018
s9 efx are pretty good imo. you can even combine 2 efx if you change the filter knob.

i cant imagine a $300 beheringer from '08 having better efx than a S9, but i could be wrong.
DJ Tecniq 1:32 AM - 17 January, 2018
The Pioneer fx are awesome the izotope fx are shit.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:36 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
s9 efx are pretty good imo. you can even combine 2 efx if you change the filter knob.

i cant imagine a $300 beheringer from '08 having better efx than a S9, but i could be wrong.

It is one of the best things Behringer ever did. Going on 10 years old and zero issues. Everything in perfect working order and sounds great. Biggest ROI any piece of gear I ever owned.
Mr. Goodkat 1:44 AM - 17 January, 2018
i had a friend that had one but his was kinda wrecked so i never really played on it, just listened to tunes thru it.
realstacktrace 2:16 AM - 17 January, 2018
I bought my S9 3 months ago. Prior to that I used the DDM4000 for about 2 years, and I think I paid $400 for it. The 4000 packs a lot of punch for that price. I also still have and occasionally use a Behringer console mixer I bought in 2000 that has builtin FX that were really good at the time but are pretty much useless now.

I love the FX toggles on the S9 but vinyl brake and backspin are the only 2 quality FX out of 6.
DJ Tecniq 3:12 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
I love the FX toggles on the S9 but vinyl brake and backspin are the only 2 quality FX out of 6.
Think you should check out the Pioneer utility you can change all sorts of fx. My fav is echo out and reverb as far as the custom fx goes.
realstacktrace 3:20 PM - 17 January, 2018
What's the Pioneer Utility? You can change a few things via the tiny display on the S9 itself. Is there a Mac app?
DJ Tecniq 7:35 PM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
What's the Pioneer Utility? You can change a few things via the tiny display on the S9 itself. Is there a Mac app?
the utility can be accessed through the Pioneer folder in your apps
DJ Tecniq 7:43 PM - 17 January, 2018
@11:00 min he mentions the utility. Get to learn the mixer there’s a lot it can do you’re not aware of yet. youtu.be
realstacktrace 8:16 PM - 17 January, 2018
I'll do that. I have seen parts of that video but not the whole thing. Thanks for the help.