DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

old school rave/jungle 91-95 record pool

nights 4:34 PM - 11 October, 2017
alright folks i had 3 crates of old school many years but silly me i sold them..white labels.. promo.. that sort of stuff... thinking of buying them back of discogs and ebay some of them go for a few quid now....any old school pools out for the old UK stuff... or will i have to buy vinyl.. regards
577er 4:43 PM - 11 October, 2017
Might have better luck at the dogs on acid forum www.dogsonacid.com
dj_soo 6:16 PM - 11 October, 2017
I highly doubt there's any pool for this kind of music.

A lot of this stuff barely made it on digital outside of people uploading vinyl rips.
577er 7:33 PM - 11 October, 2017
Agreed, most of this stuff is vinyl only but dig around the iTunes/ Amazon / Google plays of the world I've been surprised at what they have.
dj_soo 8:27 PM - 11 October, 2017
I found most of the old moving shadow stuff on iTunes. More and more dnb and jungle classics are making their way on there, but so much of it based off unlicensed samples that you're probably going to have to dig deep to find them and you likely won't find too many legal studio versions of them.
Mr. Goodkat 9:40 PM - 11 October, 2017
slsk
577er 11:48 PM - 11 October, 2017
d:raf 3:18 AM - 12 October, 2017
Quote:
slsk

They're still around? Damn...

Somebody a little while ago told me that classics are the new dubplates...
Mr. Goodkat 7:58 PM - 12 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
slsk

They're still around? Damn...

Somebody a little while ago told me that classics are the new dubplates...

lotta stuff on there by now, i forgot about it for about 6-7 years til a young guy was using it mid set flawlessly with serato. same gui and everything
nights 8:08 PM - 21 October, 2017
slsk thx... i had crates of the old stuff back in the day playing in farmers fields.. classics..