Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DVS Expansion Pack discount?

DJ Tecniq 10:43 PM - 5 October, 2017
Here's my problem I just got a Pioneer DDJ-SR2. Love it so far however I'm trying to purchase the DVS expansion pack but I don't need "everything" else that comes with it including Serato Video, PNT, Serato Flip or isotope fx...I already have "all" of these. Why should I have to purchase these again if I already have them? Also it appears to only allow me to "subscribe" I just want the damn DVS function...nothing more. Why did you have to bundle all these together when most users prob don't need them🤷🏼‍♂️
938MyDJ 10:50 PM - 5 October, 2017
Wazup whiner?

It is sold separately...

store.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:04 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Wazup whiner?

It is sold separately...

store.serato.com
Hey you ding dong I am trying to activate it through the "my Serato" panel and it is only allowing me to subscribe I don't want to subscribe I just want to purchase it...however it also displays everything else I mentioned in the pack still which I only want the DVS feature.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:43 AM - 6 October, 2017
You can buy it directly from the webpage too. Will it not have the same outcome ie you become the proud owner of a 99usd plug in.

99 usd for DVS plug in 😱 I won't be buying that anytime soon. Never had a want to use time code vinyl nor cds with controllers or any of the mixer that requires the DVS plug in.
DJ Tecniq 8:27 AM - 6 October, 2017
Hey guys the problem is I cannot purchase the full plugin from the my Serato panel. It is only allowing me to subscribe for DVS...I just want to purchase it. Is this a bug or something?
NUdisc0 9:24 AM - 6 October, 2017
Pioneer sux 🙃
WildcardX 2:49 PM - 6 October, 2017
Why not just purchase it from the web page. It will be applied to your account once completed.
938MyDJ 6:41 PM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
I am trying to activate it through the "my Serato" panel and it is only allowing me to subscribe I don't want to subscribe I just want to purchase it

You cannot activate something you haven't paid (except for the trial).
So click on the link that I posted, bring out your credit card and get this easy problem solved already.

Again, again, again...

store.serato.com
CMOS 6:46 PM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Why not just purchase it from the web page. It will be applied to your account once completed.

+1

Ive bought everything through the site and it was there once i opened DJ. I dont trust that their semi browser in the app has all the privacy protections as a normal browser.

Also i believe its listed under Expansion Packs in the Serato DJ app.

With as much as you try to offer program support figured you would know this.
DJ Tecniq 10:50 PM - 6 October, 2017
Well per the instructions from the "store" it says to put my email in when Serato is offline and purchase through the my Serato panel. It is a bug or false information through the my Serato panel cause it still is only showing the "subscribe" option there is no "pay in full" option. I guess I'll just do it through the website I was hoping I could avoid that as the my Serato panel is much easier. Thanks though.
Aptidda 11:06 PM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Well per the instructions from the "store" it says to put my email in when Serato is offline and purchase through the my Serato panel. It is a bug or false information through the my Serato panel cause it still is only showing the "subscribe" option there is no "pay in full" option. I guess I'll just do it through the website I was hoping I could avoid that as the my Serato panel is much easier. Thanks though.

quit your whining trash the ddj-sr2 and buy a Pioneer DJM S9 already. Problem solved.
DJ Tecniq 12:14 AM - 7 October, 2017
Quote:
quit your whining trash the ddj-sr2 and buy a Pioneer DJM S9 already. Problem solved.
I already have one you wanker which is why I need the DVS upgrade in the first place to use my t-tables w/the controller😉
Serato, Support
Kane D 3:10 AM - 9 October, 2017
DJ Tecniq, did you have your controller connected at the time you opened the My Serato panel to try purchase the DVS expansion pack?

To prevent accidental purchases of the expansion pack (because not all hardware requires a DVS expansion pack) the license is only able to be purchased in-app when a DVS upgrade ready piece of hardware is connected.
dj_soo 4:27 AM - 9 October, 2017
I don't get why you refuse to just purchase via the website.
DJ Tecniq 5:39 AM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
DJ Tecniq, did you have your controller connected at the time you opened the My Serato panel to try purchase the DVS expansion pack?

To prevent accidental purchases of the expansion pack (because not all hardware requires a DVS expansion pack) the license is only able to be purchased in-app when a DVS upgrade ready piece of hardware is connected.
Gotcha. I'll connect it and retry hopefully I can purchase the DVS add on. What I'm not understanding is it says offline "DVS Expansion Pack** w/Serato Video,PNT,Serato Flip & isotope fx all bundled with it for a subscription. I do not want all this I just want DVS. Still there is no option other than "subscribe" while offline. What if a user just wants to pay one fee?
Mr. Goodkat 6:08 AM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
Wazup whiner?

i loled
DJ Tecniq 1:52 AM - 10 October, 2017
Quote:

Connected my hardware and still the only option is subscribe when i click "buy dvs expansion" so i'll just purchase through the website cause this is useless. Screenshot ->www.dropbox.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:38 AM - 10 October, 2017
Hey DJ Tecniq,

Quote:
Connected my hardware and still the only option is subscribe when i click "buy dvs expansion"

Thanks for trying this out, looks like you've found a bug. We'll work on a fix for this ASAP, for now the workaround would be to buy via the online store.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Tecniq 7:00 AM - 10 October, 2017
Quote:
Hey DJ Tecniq,

Quote:
Connected my hardware and still the only option is subscribe when i click "buy dvs expansion"

Thanks for trying this out, looks like you've found a bug. We'll work on a fix for this ASAP, for now the workaround would be to buy via the online store.

Cheers,
Michael.
Thanks I was using whatever version supports the SR2. Think it's 1.9.8 hopefully a fix will come soon not everyone wants to be a subscriber or need a huge bundled add on pack. Separate add ons would be the answer.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:48 PM - 10 October, 2017
The fix is on the website side, so won't need a new software release :) Should be fixed soon!
DeeJay Fingers 12:42 AM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
Hey DJ Tecniq,

Quote:

Cheers,
Michael.

well we know what's going to be on 1.9.9.1

LMAO
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:12 AM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
well we know what's going to be on 1.9.9.1

Haha, don't worry it's a website fix only :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:55 AM - 11 October, 2017
FYI this bug should be fixed now, please let us know if you're still having the same issue.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 PM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
FYI this bug should be fixed now, please let us know if you're still having the same issue.
thanks will try it out. My birthday was yesterday so I'm going to purchase the DVS pack.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:53 PM - 11 October, 2017
Treat yo self 😎
DJ Tecniq 1:03 AM - 13 October, 2017
It worked there was an option to pay the $99. I should of still got a discount for my troubles but I'll let it slide this time😂