DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Wireless Transmitter for Satellite Speakers / any experience?

The Silver Boombox Thief 6:34 PM - 4 October, 2017
I do a bunch of weddings. Sometimes I set up speakers in second rooms or on the far side of a hall. I'm looking to simplify the setup and find a way to send the audio wirelessly to 1-3 satellite speakers. I've done a little research, but nothing is that clear. The most popular look to be designed for guitars, like this: express.google.com

Bluetooth doesn't have the range or reliability I need. 100+ feet is the goal, and reliable.

Is anyone successfully sending a wireless audio signal to their speakers?
Rebelguy 12:12 AM - 5 October, 2017
I used the Sennheiser bodypacks for a couple of years but the frequency spectrum in my area has been getting to crowded. I recently switched to Sony’s UWP-D11 system and have been very happy with it. I’ve done 100 feet through multiple walls indoors with zero issues and 200 feet outdoors. The best part is that they can be powered by micro usb vs the expensive proprietary plugs other companies require.

www.bhphotovideo.com
577er 12:13 AM - 5 October, 2017
I use Sennhiser SKP100 & EK100 with great results. The SKP don't work at all for hand held mic transmitters if people are actually holding the mic (a poor connection between the mic and transmitter cause loud static) but if it's on a stand only or in a mixer / back of a powered speaker it's perfect. Rage is good and it has a meter to show you if your getting good reception. Saves crazy time in setup.
WileECoyote 4:14 PM - 5 October, 2017
Have you tried the Altos?

www.amazon.com

I don't know how effective they are, but they've worked fine in bars I've DJ'd.
Rebelguy 6:35 PM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:

www.amazon.com

The Altos are only available in the 600 MHz frequency range and will shortly be illegal to use.
Culprit 6:41 PM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

www.amazon.com

The Altos are only available in the 600 MHz frequency range and will shortly be illegal to use.

Damn I knew that was going to be an issue. I have a set of those and extra receivers.

Im going to check out the manual for the frequencies.
Culprit 6:45 PM - 5 October, 2017
Yep, 610-640. They will be no good.
WileECoyote 8:57 PM - 5 October, 2017
Dang that sucks. Glad I didn't buy em. . I was close.
DJ Unique 1:43 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Dang that sucks. Glad I didn't buy em. . I was close.
Culprit 3:55 AM - 6 October, 2017
Imma still rock mine! #breakinthelaw
cdynasty24 1:33 PM - 12 October, 2017
According to this FCC report, 600Mhz users are advised to crossover by July 13, 2020.

www.fcc.gov
Culprit 8:20 PM - 12 October, 2017
snap! good find dude!
cdynasty24 7:20 PM - 13 October, 2017
Yeah man, not happy about my EV RE2 767a wireless mic though! Loved that mic!

However, this thread did help me make a decision on my wireless speaker setup. Went with the Sennheiser 300-2 IEM G3. I'll worry about my mic when I get cutoff, keep a wired mic just in case!