Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ SR2

Eventsman 8:23 AM - 2 October, 2017
I just setup my new DDJ SR2 with the latest firmware and I have sound on decks 1 and 2 but when I switch to decks 3 and 4 there is no audio sound even though the platters are moving??? What am I doing wrong..I switch back to decks 1 and 2 and I have audio???
DJ Tecniq 2:52 PM - 2 October, 2017
Do you have t-tables or cdjs hooked up?
DJ Tecniq 2:56 PM - 2 October, 2017
If I'm correct channels 1 & 2 are for the controller and ch's 3 & 4 is for DVS (t-tables or cdjs) but that requires a DVS expansion pack which you have to pay for.
Eventsman 12:44 AM - 3 October, 2017
Nope... the first controller Pioneer DDJ SR has the four channel access knob... the SR2 has three switches... I can see the tables moving but there is no sound..
Eventsman 12:46 AM - 3 October, 2017
I have the first DDJ SR and I can access all for channels but on the SR2 it's different.. they also left the curve knob off because they are afraid people won't buy the SX2.... interesting uhhh
NUdisc0 1:48 AM - 3 October, 2017
Whats with the Fisher price pitch sliders?
DJ Tecniq 2:35 AM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
Whats with the Fisher price pitch sliders?
They are a bit small but feel great. And I think the jig wheels are slightly bigger than the original SR. Got mine today
youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 3:13 AM - 3 October, 2017
Jog*
dj Krazey leo 4:22 AM - 3 October, 2017
Hey DJ Tecniq congrats on the new toy I’m hoping to pick one as well but is it possible to compare the sound quality to your s9 and let me know what you think thanks in advance
DJ Tecniq 8:32 AM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
Hey DJ Tecniq congrats on the new toy I’m hoping to pick one as well but is it possible to compare the sound quality to your s9 and let me know what you think thanks in advance
Will def do that in the meantime here's a scratch comparison I found youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 8:40 AM - 3 October, 2017
I have high hopes that the SR2 will sound great considering the XLR outputs and power adapter. This is not a cheap controller it def is quite sturdy. I will be fully testing the unit and all outputs esp considering my first S9 had bad XLR & booth outs.
DJ Tecniq 7:14 AM - 10 October, 2017
Got the SR2 and have to say the sound card sounds really nice. Mic sounds a bit muffled it is def not as clear as my SB2 mic out. Maybe it's just me. Jog wheels feel really smooth. Pitch slider is very accurate and responsive. The LED jog ring lights up when channel fader is up or full, when the faders are down the LED dimmers. Very cool. There's a bunch of settings for the controller you can tweak through the utilities however this is not essy to do it is not like the S9 utility panel it's very different some things include led ring adjust, xfade cut, jogwheel sensitivity and a few other things. Overall a really solid unit. Track/load browser works fast and responsive. SDJ fx could use an improvement esp echo out (we all know this) and I love it has AC power as well as USB. Gonna run it through some more test.
dj Krazey leo 8:09 AM - 10 October, 2017
Thanks for the update so as for the responsiveness of the jog wheel how does it feels in your opinion for basic scratches?
DJ Tecniq 2:04 PM - 10 October, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for the update so as for the responsiveness of the jog wheel how does it feels in your opinion for basic scratches?
Feels great it is def improved from the original SR also the SR2 is slightly bigger than the old SR the jogwheels I can tell are a tad bigger. I had a problem with the Odyssey ddjsr case with fitting it. I was told the SR2 will fit the original SR cases however this is not true I had to cut some foam out to make it fit cause the SR2 was too much I researched and found out the SR/SR2 are slightly different dimensions so if anyone gets a case get the DDJ-RR case instead the RR & SR2 are the exact same dimensions it's like a replica just different software.
NUdisc0 3:03 PM - 10 October, 2017
Does the SR2 have a record label tape indicator?
dj Krazey leo 7:28 AM - 11 October, 2017
Got it I’m definitely thinking ok picking one up .
DJ4yu 3:38 PM - 11 October, 2017
My is on the way, I would like to know more about the case because every ddj-rr case is also advertised for ddj-sr.
DJ Tecniq 6:34 PM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
like a jogwheel led indicator...unfortunately no I assume they want us to spend more money for that feature like the SX/SX2/SZ
DJ Tecniq 6:37 PM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
My is on the way, I would like to know more about the case because every ddj-rr case is also advertised for ddj-sr.
Just make sure you get a DDJ-RR case it should fit better. There is no official SR2 case yet since it's such a new product but they are saying the old cases are cross compatible but my Odyssey SR case was not and didn't quite fit so I had to cut more foam out wasn't too big of a deal but fits perfect now
malphy 1:34 AM - 5 November, 2017
don’t know if you solved the problem yet, but when you switch or deck 3 or 4 turn your fader down tyen bring it up
NUdisc0 2:07 AM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
like a jogwheel led indicator...unfortunately no I assume they want us to spend more money for that feature like the SX/SX2/SZ

Thanks DJ Tecniq. Could you tell me the minimum % increment of tempo you can achieve on the pitch slider?
Logisticalstyles 1:18 PM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
don’t know if you solved the problem yet, but when you switch or deck 3 or 4 turn your fader down tyen bring it up

It took me a minute to figure that out.
DJ Tecniq 1:09 AM - 6 November, 2017
So I noticed something out whenever I use DVS the "censor" button on the SR2 blinks on/off whenever I move the record back and forth. It is definitely when I'm using DVS and it happens on both decks of the SR2. Can someone confirm if this happens on your SR2? May be a bug? I would hope they'd thoroughly test these units before shipping them out.
DJ Tecniq 1:10 AM - 6 November, 2017
Odd*