Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ - SR2 is available today

DjKingBee 1:01 PM - 28 September, 2017
We need a Review and who is getting this?!
Im ready to sale my SR so I can get DVS
DJ Tecniq 3:05 PM - 28 September, 2017
It will arrive to my house on 10/2 I'll let you know cause I preordered it. Got it $100 off too👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 3:07 PM - 28 September, 2017
The DVS is an upgrade the unit is not DVS compatible out the box you have to pay the DVS exp pack for the upgrade but otherwise still a convenient 2 chan w/DVS options.
DJ4yu 3:36 PM - 28 September, 2017
I'll be waiting for a review...
shadow23 6:38 PM - 28 September, 2017
I have a question. Is there a crossfader curve on this? The SR had it but I can't seem to find it on the SR2.
DJ Tecniq 7:08 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
I have a question. Is there a crossfader curve on this? The SR had it but I can't seem to find it on the SR2.
Good question i actually don't see one either but I think this can be tweaked in the Pioneer utility or SDJ software. I will confirm this when I receive it.
shadow23 7:10 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Good question i actually don't see one either but I think this can be tweaked in the Pioneer utility or SDJ software. I will confirm this when I receive it.

Thanks. That's my guess too. Probably hold down "Shift" and use a button or a knob to adjust the crossfader curve.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. That's my guess too. Probably hold down "Shift" and use a button or a knob to adjust the crossfader curve.
My guess it's similar to the Pioneer S9 and the cut in adjustment can be configured from the utility. I'm hoping that's how it is cause the SB2 the curve is changed through the software which at a full curve is still not a big cut in adjustment.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 28 September, 2017
SDJ* software that is
DJ Tecniq 7:49 PM - 28 September, 2017
It's a done deal was able to find this. Cut in seems very tight. I cannot wait. Enjoy!
youtu.be
shadow23 7:52 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
It's a done deal was able to find this. Cut in seems very tight. I cannot wait. Enjoy!
youtu.be

Cool. Thanks for that.
DJ Tecniq 7:54 PM - 28 September, 2017
Here's another vs S9 hit up thedjhookup.com I got the SR2 for $599 youtu.be
DjKingBee 11:07 PM - 2 October, 2017
So Who got theres >? and do you love it?
DJ Tecniq 2:36 AM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
So Who got theres >? and do you love it?
Pretty😍 youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 9:55 PM - 9 November, 2017
Just to clarify on this controller the crossfade curve setting is done in the serato software. However you can adjust the cut-in lag setting when you put the controller in utility mode which most DDJ controllers have.
KiyoshiPDESound 3:20 PM - 3 January, 2018
Right, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary to have x-fader curve adjustment knob, but apparently It might be helpful.

I know i can change curve via serato settings although it would be much comfortable to do that on going.
Is there anyone here that found solution to fix that?
I was thinking that I could map Booth level knob which i don't use, but as SR2 can be used as standalone mixer is this even possible?