Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato dj 2.0

djbilly@972 2:24 PM - 24 September, 2017
here are the new features I would like to have in Serato dj 2.0
- second player in disconnected mode to test its playlists and transitions.
- a new window in the manager that would give songs having the same color as the one that plays, as already rekordboxdj does.
- 16 pads for sample bank, and offline mode for configuration
- other than pulslocker because the choice is limited when searching for world music.
- improved detection of beat-grid, too often I have to do a manual correction for no electro songs.
RodrigoVolta 11:32 AM - 25 September, 2017
- 64-bit full support.
- New UI design.
mixgoonie 7:35 AM - 28 September, 2017
External Soundcards support, SDJ is the only software without having this feature.

Mixvibes, Mixxx, Djay Pro, Trakor, VDJ, Blaze DJ, PCDJ Dex, Stanton Deckadance and others have ALL this feature.

Crazy that such a BASIC feature is missing...
Dj cuervo 8:47 PM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
External Soundcards support, SDJ is the only software without having this feature.

Mixvibes, Mixxx, Djay Pro, Trakor, VDJ, Blaze DJ, PCDJ Dex, Stanton Deckadance and others have ALL this feature.

Crazy that such a BASIC feature is missing...

They have enabled this to stay a big player in the market!!! Licensing module is coming. They will be crazy to not take advance of users without approval hardware to switch to the software. 30 day trial program to suck them in or subscription service for constant revenue.
chez2790 9:35 AM - 29 September, 2017
Finally being able to play a sample from one set of banks and switch to another bank without that sample abruptly stop playing.......please and thanks
djbilly@972 12:18 PM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
Finally being able to play a sample from one set of banks and switch to another bank without that sample abruptly stop playing.......please and thanks

YES
M.adaM 7:42 AM - 30 September, 2017
load sample "packs" -that fills up ALL the sample pads in ALL banks- for one push of a button
Cwite 8:40 PM - 16 October, 2017
A horizontal split in the wave form like on the new Denon primes, when slip or rolls are used. Top half shows what ever the played position is at, whilst the lower half shows you where the track would be, so you can see where the wave form will land When you release the slip.
Dj Shirp 8:04 PM - 18 October, 2017
Retina support, and fix waveform lags.
MutterOberin 9:47 PM - 19 October, 2017
+1 for lags, +1 for high dpi displays !
Dj Shirp 9:47 PM - 19 October, 2017
Quote:
+1 for lags, +1 for high dpi displays !

Thank you my friend
Victagram DJ 12:05 PM - 20 October, 2017
play count! every time you play a song its play count goes up by one. this can be very helpful when youre looking at a list of songs and trying to figure out which is most popular, or for those mind blank moments! it could be done simply by scanning through the serato histories.
MutterOberin 1:18 PM - 20 October, 2017
+1
DESMO 2:44 PM - 21 October, 2017
YES YES YES !!!! As an event DJ (weddings/office parties/school dances) I don't get a lot of requests for electronic music. And nothing is more annoying than a slow song getting tagged as 100+ BPM.
Quote:
- improved detection of beat-grid, too often I have to do a manual correction for no electro songs.

PLEASE work on the beat grid detection. I know your team can do it.
MutterOberin 3:24 PM - 21 October, 2017
If you get 120 for something slow, you can try to set a different range during detection.

If you still get double or half of what you expect or know, you can change the songs bpm by double clicking on bpm in library view and ALT + Up / Down to double / half the value. This results in a change of beatgrid as well.

Besides: The detection is not that bad! Try rekordbox on a non house / techno song and you will see what I mean ;-)
alec.tron 1:18 AM - 23 October, 2017
Aaaaand Native Instruments announced it got 50m in funding just a few days ago...

www.billboard.com

Competition is good...so this is great news I think....but fingers crossed Serato has something up their sleeve as well and has something to put up against Pio & NI's large pockets and planning for what seems to be the long run..
c.
Laz219 11:06 AM - 25 October, 2017
Quote:

- New UI design.

I'm just curious about this one...
What do you want to see new?
Or just change for changes sake?
DESMO 3:10 PM - 25 October, 2017
I would like to see three things off the top of my head. First one being some form of auto cross fade when using auto play. iTunes and WMP have been doing this for years. iTunes even lets you choose how much the songs overlap. This would be incredibly useful for the non critical music times at a wedding or corporate event. Guest seating, dinner music, etc.

The second feature I would love to see is a bit more customization options. For example when using the "stacked" view. Let me put my cue points where the loop values currently are, or my auto loop points there instead of the current loop values 1,2,4,8,16 etc. For myself Cue points and saved loops are key. Basically when screen real-estate is at a premium, let the individual decide when information he needs. As an event DJ I don't need same functions as a performance or scratch DJ. But I might use some of the more adv. features to liven things up a bit.

Third: I would really like to see them adopt something like the "Stems" capability that Traktor has introduced. Splitting up tracks that way I could make some awesome entry music and use a lot of songs for backing tracks behind a speaker. Think like what the organ player at a hockey game does. The background chord or drum beat to get the crowd pumped up. Stems could allow something similar.

MutterOberin. I will ahne to give your suggestion a shot, it sounds like it could help me out. Thank You.

Quote:
If you get 120 for something slow, you can try to set a different range during detection.

If you still get double or half of what you expect or know, you can change the songs bpm by double clicking on bpm in library view and ALT + Up / Down to double / half the value. This results in a change of beatgrid as well.

Besides: The detection is not that bad! Try rekordbox on a non house / techno song and you will see what I mean ;-)
Laz219 3:19 PM - 25 October, 2017
The problem with Stems has always been support though, It's brilliant in theory- but without the releases to suit, it's not overly useful.
I see that you're relating this to wedding/corporate events, I feel like most tracks that are available with stems wouldn't really be significantly useful for this.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of stems and their functionality in any format. I'd like to see them be a standard. I just feel like they're already fighting a battle of being a niche concept, where the labels aren't really going to bother adapting for a small scale.
MutterOberin 4:29 PM - 25 October, 2017
DESMO, I would be happy if this would help you! Try it out and let us know!

I agree with the STEMS. It is a really nice idea but I also have trouble finding HipHop / RnB songs which take advantage of that. Looks like its more used in the EDM area. I also have the feeling that Traktor is bigger in that area as well.

About the layout: I like the idea of going a bit beyond the fixed layout. I posted something related a long time ago, but there was no real feedback to that:

serato.com

It's basically about that the layout should reflect the hardware setting. Simple example: If I go to the "Manual Loops" page on the DDJ SP1 I am interested in saved loops. So SDJ should show me all 8 saved loops and NOT 8 HotCues and 2 of the loops. Same the other way around.

Currently I have to switch that on the laptop. That makes no sense. I hate fiddling around on the laptop during performance - this is why we have MIDI hardware!
DJ.Monty 5:41 PM - 27 October, 2017
Manually remove tracks from the "Prepare Track Column" PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaywoo 1:37 AM - 1 December, 2017
I’m not as advanced as some here in the comments, but, I’d like for the BPM to reflect a new flip speed.
Dj-Ali 5:42 AM - 1 December, 2017
#1 DDJSX & SZ searching for drivers error needs to be fixed.....

#2 would be nice to have two decks in offline mode so you can practice your sets when controller isn't available.

#3 need to add sampler in offline mode so all preparation can be done without the use of a controller!
dj kello 7:56 PM - 19 February, 2018
how can I get the serrate dj pro 2.0
beta link
dj kello 7:59 PM - 19 February, 2018
serato
typo
MutterOberin 12:19 PM - 20 February, 2018
DJ Kello, there is no way of getting such a link, since there is no public beta.
DESMO 11:18 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
#1 DDJSX & SZ searching for drivers error needs to be fixed.....

#2 would be nice to have two decks in offline mode so you can practice your sets when controller isn't available.

#3 need to add sampler in offline mode so all preparation can be done without the use of a controller!

Serato DJ 2.0 a.k.a SERATO DJ PRO seems to have addressed all 3 of your requests... Upgrading now... Lets hope they got all the bugs out ;-)
Jaywoo 12:00 AM - 27 February, 2018
Wooooo!
DJ TreJah 5:19 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

YES

YES
DJMIYAGI 12:21 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Serato DJ 2.0 a.k.a SERATO DJ PRO seems to have addressed all 3 of your requests... Upgrading now... Lets hope they got all the bugs out ;-)

There is no sampler in offline mode. Only have access to Flip, Pitch n Time DJ, and Video if you own those plugins.