Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video with Pioneer S9 FX toggle on/off

weezy 12:48 PM - 24 September, 2017
Hi guys, just getting into the whole video mixing the past 6 months. Using turntables, S9 mixer, maxed out 2012 Macbook pro 13. Everything is working great, no issues at all while mixing etc. It's to do with the mixer i guess. Here's my issue - Mixing two video/songs together, flip the S9 FX toggle say to echo out one track. Fine no issues, what the problem is that the next track looks all "white" over the top of the video until i disengage the S9 FX toggle OFF. Am i missing something ?? maybe a MIDI setting on the mixer or a serato video setting ?? Any pointers would be great. Thanks, Ray.
Culprit 2:25 AM - 25 September, 2017
You might need to reset your midi file
weezy 12:20 PM - 25 September, 2017
Quote:
You might need to reset your midi file

Done that already, same issue i'm afraid.
Spoke to a couple of more experienced guys over the weekend. Apparently it might be certain FX which are compatible with serato video i.e. when the FX are triggered, it sends out midi compatible info. Gonna go through all the different FX banks to see which ones are the culprits. Thanks, Ray
djnak 4:18 AM - 26 September, 2017
Quote:
Gonna go through all the different FX banks to see which ones are the culprits.

there is going to be a few (also check your high/mid/low knobs on the right side maybe your filters, if you have transitions mapped maybe a few of those also, best bet is to find out which ones have conflicts and change the midi channels (you don't have to change the midi number) of what you have mapped and is conflicting
weezy 3:08 PM - 1 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Gonna go through all the different FX banks to see which ones are the culprits.

there is going to be a few (also check your high/mid/low knobs on the right side maybe your filters, if you have transitions mapped maybe a few of those also, best bet is to find out which ones have conflicts and change the midi channels (you don't have to change the midi number) of what you have mapped and is conflicting

I had the "enable audio linked video effects" box ticked. Un-tick, it's now all good.
Thanks for taking the time to input guys, Ray.