DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RCF HD 12A MK4 & HD 32-A MK4

Asu 6:09 PM - 23 September, 2017
Got me a pair of RCF HD 12A MK4,after recommendations from a pro sound buddy.

All I can say is wow...these are so good, they can be used as studio monitors...the separation of instruments and vocals is amazing.The MK4 have RCF's tour sound phase processing DSP. Originally was looking at the new k12.2 but these sound way better....they sound bigger than they are if that makes any sense, specs put them closer to the DSR than DXR....the stereo image is just in a different world and have a boost mode for that LF extension but I personally prefer the sound without it turned on....one of my proudest purchases I have to say.

back in the day (MK1-MK3) these used to be $900 new, RCF has dropped them down to $599...best deal ever considering what you get.

The HD 32 has a 3" VC HF driver

If you have some low-quality MP3's, these speakers will instantly let you know due to the instrument and vocal separation in the DSP....that's how good they are.

Go have a listen and I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I am....i'm def sold on RCF now.especially MK4 Tops with this DSP....going forward, this will be my Top of choice.
DJ_Dad 9:06 PM - 23 September, 2017
I am very interested in trying the hd32 mk4 or the 745a mk4. I am wondering how much louder the 745s will get over the hd32s. Anyone know ?
Arjun B 4:58 AM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:
I am very interested in trying the hd32 mk4 or the 745a mk4. I am wondering how much louder the 745s will get over the hd32s. Anyone know ?

745 have a 15" woofer and 4" voicecoil HF section whereas the HD32 have a 12" woofer and a 3" HF voicecoil.
The 745 will generally provide more bass aswell as more clarity and throw out of the box.
Asu 11:42 PM - 24 September, 2017
if you do a lot of vocal events or bands, the 3" & 4" HF drivers are crossed over lower @ 700hz vs 1600Hz for the HD12-A...the 4" HF says it's 2db louder @133 vs the 3"HF driver @131...but it's the quality of loudness that has me sold on anything MK4+ going forward.

For my applications...a little speech here and there and mostly music playback...the HD12-A is more than enough.

but all MK4 lines have their Tour DSP which takes things to a whole new level of clarity and quality of sound which I can confirm is still amazing every time I turn these speakers on.I thought EV was the truth via clarity till I listened to these.
JDforKing 2:25 PM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
if you do a lot of vocal events or bands, the 3" & 4" HF drivers are crossed over lower @ 700hz vs 1600Hz for the HD12-A...the 4" HF says it's 2db louder @133 vs the 3"HF driver @131...but it's the quality of loudness that has me sold on anything MK4+ going forward.

For my applications...a little speech here and there and mostly music playback...the HD12-A is more than enough.

but all MK4 lines have their Tour DSP which takes things to a whole new level of clarity and quality of sound which I can confirm is still amazing every time I turn these speakers on.I thought EV was the truth via clarity till I listened to these.

How do they compare to your JBL PRX's?
Asu 1:35 PM - 30 September, 2017
Quote:
How do they compare to your JBL PRX's?

The Prx's kinda throw everything at you at once...the RCF separates everything and has a wider stereo stage presence...it's sound is like a pro studio monitor but the output is consistent even at high volumes where the PRXs get a bit harsh....The RCFs get pretty loud too...louder than the DXRs as a comparison.

The RCFs have legit bass sound...even when Extended frequency mode (Deep Mode) is turned off....very well rounded Top for the new low price ($599 each)....best $1200 i've spent on tops...gonna use them today for 5 hours at a 200 person event with 2 subs and will report back....will cross them over @ 100Hz.
Asu 1:42 PM - 30 September, 2017
Quote:
the RCF separates everything and has a wider stereo stage presence

This is where the RCF easily shows you any low quality MP3's or converted files in your library...you can clearly tell vs a high quality m4a,mp3 or flac file...i love these Tops...RCF wasn't selling BS when they claim "Tour sound in a small box"...warranty is only 3 years vs 6 for the qsc K12.2 or 7yrs for DXR but the sound is worth it.
WyldBill 9:46 AM - 11 November, 2017
Just stumbled across this post.

I was trying to decide for about a week between the RCF HD12-a MK4, QSC K12.2 or Turbosound iQ12, I decided on the HD12-a MK4 based on my past experience with RCF products and the fact they are at a GREAT price point.

I had 2 sales reps at different stores say almost similarly great things about them, after seeing this post I'm extremely happy with my choice. Now I can't wait to try them and they should arrive before next weekend.
Asu 5:52 PM - 24 November, 2017
Quote:
Just stumbled across this post.

I was trying to decide for about a week between the RCF HD12-a MK4, QSC K12.2 or Turbosound iQ12, I decided on the HD12-a MK4 based on my past experience with RCF products and the fact they are at a GREAT price point.

I had 2 sales reps at different stores say almost similarly great things about them, after seeing this post I'm extremely happy with my choice. Now I can't wait to try them and they should arrive before next weekend.

Good to hear bro...i like you was blown away by the quality of sound and the fact that they dropped them to $599 from $999 as it was a few years ago.

When crossed over,i have never seen a limit light even when playing super loud something i can't say about my PRX or EV tops...their DSP is king....looking to eventually switch to their new 2200watt 18" 8003 II subs to complete the switch.
DJ Joe K 8:07 PM - 26 October, 2018
I've been searching for 12" speakers for smaller events. I've recently learned about RCF, and everybody says they are better that the K12 or K12.2. Is the HD-12A the way to go? They have so many 12" speakers, it's really hard to decide. I would love to be able to get them for that price range.

ART312-A - 800W - 128 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
ART732-A - 1400W - 131 db - 1.4" Driver - $899
ART712-A - 1400W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $699
HD32-A - 1400W - 131 db - 2.5" voice coil - $999
HD12-A - 1400W - 130 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
4Pro 2031-A - 1200W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $1299

Only downside I see is that they don't have the auxiliary connection for when you want to do setup for a ceremony. Would I be able to connect a mic and a laptop at the same time without a mixer? It doesn't look like I'll have much control of that without a mixer.
577er 3:46 PM - 28 October, 2018
You’re not listing the right specs when listing the “driver sizes”.

RCF makes 12” woofer speakers with 3” high frequency drivers that are crossed over at much lower frequencies. These are the ones that cost more in each line. They are available in the ART, HD or “D-Line”, NX and maybe 4Pro series? Even the ones with 1.5” drives sound great, but the “32” indicating 3” HF driver and 12” woofer in each series will sound much better in the mid and upper frequencies.

The lack of a mixer and tilt angle pole mount are the downsides with RCF. But they sound so good they are worth it.
Asu 12:00 PM - 25 March, 2019
Quote:
I've been searching for 12" speakers for smaller events. I've recently learned about RCF, and everybody says they are better that the K12 or K12.2. Is the HD-12A the way to go? They have so many 12" speakers, it's really hard to decide. I would love to be able to get them for that price range.

ART312-A - 800W - 128 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
ART732-A - 1400W - 131 db - 1.4" Driver - $899
ART712-A - 1400W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $699
HD32-A - 1400W - 131 db - 2.5" voice coil - $999
HD12-A - 1400W - 130 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
4Pro 2031-A - 1200W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $1299

Only downside I see is that they don't have the auxiliary connection for when you want to do setup for a ceremony. Would I be able to connect a mic and a laptop at the same time without a mixer? It doesn't look like I'll have much control of that without a mixer.

I personally have the HD-12A and they're the best speakers i've used so far....i have used from ZX300,ZLX,JBL PRX line etc and for tops...i'll now always go for RCF only...The limit light is also very well controlled...the best i've seen.The HD series will tell you when you play crap music thru them...the 3" HF coils are best for vocals or small bands but the 1.4" HF sounds good as well.
Phaze 8:49 PM - 21 March, 2020
Just got a pair of Hd32a mk4, beyond satisfied! Amazing full sound (including bass) without sub.
High quality sound, extremely loud and full bodied. I’m an analog kind of guy (Bozak, JBL, Crown, etc) and thoroughly impressed with theses speakers. Would definitely get another pair.
Asu 12:46 AM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
Hd32a mk4

those are amazing for their vocal clarity with that big HF voice coil.I love RCF Tops. I will never buy anything else for Tops.QSC KS118 for subs and I'm set.
Asu 12:58 AM - 7 May, 2020
FYI they have a new monster fit for pro work RCF HDM 45-A Active 2200W with a 4" voice coil, crossed over even lower at 600Hz for amazing vocal clarity & 133 DB max output.Only $1300
benictrs 11:41 AM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
Just got a pair of Hd32a mk4, beyond satisfied! Amazing full sound (including bass) without sub.
High quality sound, extremely loud and full bodied. I’m an analog kind of guy (Bozak, JBL, Crown, etc) and thoroughly impressed with theses speakers. Would definitely get another pair.

If you like the HD32's you should give a listen to the TT22MK2's , next level ;)
577er 1:08 PM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

If you like the HD32's you should give a listen to the TT22MK2's , next level ;)

For 2.5 the price it should be next level and a half 😆
Asu 6:33 PM - 12 June, 2020
Those are more for Touring monitors, theatre use, etc and the RDNet Control makes them expensive $2500 per speaker.

I think for us DJ's, Hd32a mk4 ($999) is just about the best sound vs price point we can get.
DJ Unique 7:17 PM - 12 June, 2020
Quote:
I think for us DJ's, Hd32a mk4 ($999) is just about the best sound vs price point we can get.

Yup....
benictrs 7:42 PM - 12 June, 2020
Quote:
Those are more for Touring monitors, theatre use, etc and the RDNet Control makes them expensive $2500 per speaker.

Well then if it's out of your price range try something in between , like the RCF NX32 ?