Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Video SL plugin with serato SL-1what else do i need

DJData 1:52 PM - 23 September, 2017
Hello everyone, i have SSL with the video plugin and the SL-1 box .

years ago ibought the plugin but never got aroound to try it out, and i wanna do so the coming time.

Now what do i need to be able to dj with the video clips in a way that if i mix the sound the picture also mixes.

i have the MBP 15" 2011 maxed out in specs, 2 sl-1200 a SL-1 box for audio, and i dont have a mixer at the moment.

So now i'm looking at mixers and hope to find a device with minimal of 4 channels that will have this function without needing more equipment, is this possible, and what should i be looking for ?

Thanks for your time and advice , for this somewhat older product(s) that still work(s) great for me :).
AddamXavier 3:15 PM - 24 September, 2017
This is probably a better question to ask in the Video section.

You'll want a MIDI capable mixer so that you fader movements can be tracked by SSL for transitions, etc. Since you're using SSL and not SDJ, you'll likely have to MIDI map all the controls, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Also note, regardless of hardware, video mixing only works on channels 1 and 2.

One option for a mixer is to find a Serato DJ supported mixer as those should fit the requirements and it would allow you to try out SDJ if you wanted.
DJData 8:06 AM - 26 September, 2017
Hallo Addam, ty for the reply, i didn't know there is a video section , i will look into it.