Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

High Sierra

Pippen 4:42 PM - 21 September, 2017
Is it OK to update to High Sierra and not have any issues with Serato?
Caley Martin 4:52 PM - 21 September, 2017
Proceed at your own risk, it's not officially supported just yet. Some users have reported running Serato DJ without any obvious issue, but obviously your mileage may vary. Best advice would be to hold off upgrading until Serato finishes their testing and confirms compatibility. ;)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:55 PM - 21 September, 2017
Hi Pippen,

Serato DJ doesn't currently support macOS High Sierra, so I'd recommend that you don't upgrade. We are currently testing on the GM candidate version and will make an announcement on support once this is complete.

One thing we do know already is that Apple have made security changes that affect device drivers -> support.serato.com

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Michael.
jonnynoxious 6:17 AM - 10 October, 2017
Any word on this yet? You guys are starting to be as slow as Allen & Heath about testing.
I mean, what's the big deal?
It's not like it uses a completely new file system, or handles security differently. ;-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:53 PM - 10 October, 2017
No answer yet, we're still testing! We'll announce as soon as testing is complete :)
djweezy202 3:35 AM - 12 October, 2017
How soon can we expect a answer, i'm stuck because apple took down the sierra download and the only thing you can download now is high sierra.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:41 AM - 12 October, 2017
I couldn't say sorry, it really depends how smoothly the testing goes.

You should be able to access earlier OS builds by logging into the App Store and going to the "Purchased" section.
djweezy202 3:46 AM - 12 October, 2017
no os come up i tried.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:49 AM - 12 October, 2017
Are you signed in with the same account you've used to download these OS's in the past? If not you will need to do that.
Philmixit 10:40 AM - 12 October, 2017
Hi Michael R , thank you for the update ,it 's best that you guys take your time on the testing
so that when you put it out it work with no problem!!!!!!
djweezy202 11:56 AM - 12 October, 2017
I went ahead and upgraded to High Sierra and I've not had a issue yet. In the beginning it asked me to give permission in the security setting. I don't know if something might come up after playing on it but it's good for now.
Philmixit 4:11 PM - 12 October, 2017
I upgraded to High Sierra on my iMac but not on my laptop ,
Supagee 9:00 PM - 12 October, 2017
i am still reporting zero issues with SDJ 1.9.9 and high sierra on my MacBook pro
djweezy202 4:39 PM - 16 October, 2017
Quote:
i am still reporting zero issues with SDJ 1.9.9 and high sierra on my MacBook pro

Same here no issues...
playerz 2:00 AM - 17 October, 2017
What player do u have
djweezy202 9:56 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
What player do u have

Rane 62 and Pioneer ddjsz
dj j2o 10:49 AM - 17 October, 2017
This is seriously like a bad joke at this point. Why is it every developer gets the beta so they can test product compatibility BEFORE the new version is released but Serato just seems to never be done with their homework? Is there a funding problem at Serato that we don't know about? Are they going under? Because this lack of effort needs a better excuse than lack of effort. Frustrating as hell.
djnovaEST 11:53 AM - 17 October, 2017
it's sad, because i love Serato...seriously, i'm enjoying this product.

And im like loyal customer buying new stuff over and over again.
Sl1 , SL3 , SL 4 , mixers , vinyls , etc

But cmon guys, pretty much each Mac update - delay for half year.

And no need to say "what's the problem to just wait and don't do update?"

Im paying a lot for all this sh*t, so i expect to have everything up to date.
Logisticalstyles 1:46 PM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
How soon can we expect a answer, i'm stuck because apple took down the sierra download and the only thing you can download now is high sierra.

If you use Time Machine to back up your computer you can restore to a date prior to your upgrade. I accidentally upgraded a couple of days ago and just used my Time machine backup to restore. It took a few hours and unfortunately my backup was a month old but at least I'm not on High Sierra.
jonnynoxious 4:01 AM - 27 October, 2017
New Zealand: Land of Nathalie Kelley, Kiwis, and super-slow software development.
lightguy 9:28 AM - 19 November, 2017
I’m having an issue with Serato Video and the High Sierra update... My audio is fine, but my videos are playing at around 8 FPS. Anyone else had this issue?
Deckstatic 8:58 PM - 19 November, 2017
I updated to High Sierra and at my DJ gig last night, I had my Mac book Pro freeze for a 1-3 seconds every 3rd or 4th song. It was horrible! I had to stop, rewire the set up, and switch to USBs on CDJs in the middle of my set. Serato definitely needs to deal with the update soon!
Rebelguy 11:32 PM - 19 November, 2017
Again...why update if you know you have programs that don’t support the new OS yet?
popnwave 11:35 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
I updated to High Sierra and at my DJ gig last night, I had my Mac book Pro freeze for a 1-3 seconds every 3rd or 4th song. It was horrible! I had to stop, rewire the set up, and switch to USBs on CDJs in the middle of my set. Serato definitely needs to deal with the update soon!

Did you test everything out prior to your gig? If not, thats on you.
Deckstatic 12:30 AM - 20 November, 2017
No, I didn't. I just upgraded to Serato 1.9.10, hopefully that will solve it.
Supagee 12:28 AM - 23 November, 2017
Deckstatic - what devices were you using? and did you have wifi and bluetooth left on?
lightguy 12:36 AM - 30 November, 2017
yes, i have been using serato dj with my wifi and bluetooth on for years with no problems until i updated the iOS to high sierra. I use the wifi to download and my bluetooth is used for my mouse.
KHigh 2:42 AM - 2 December, 2017
I upgrad to high sierra & serato 1.9.10 .. I have a lot of trouble like some crash on the wavform & when i'm searching track ! (no audio crash)
popnwave 2:52 AM - 3 December, 2017
roll back then.
DJ Tecniq 7:39 PM - 3 December, 2017
And yet Serato says it’s supported🤷🏼‍♂️
popnwave 4:43 PM - 4 December, 2017
It is, but half of these people don't do clean installs, or try to install it on stuff that is too old.

At this point I wouldn't run High Sierra on anything older than 2013 after reading posts on here and Facebook.
Logisticalstyles 3:34 AM - 5 December, 2017
Quote:
try to install it on stuff that is too old.

I see this all the time.
DJ Tecniq 4:32 AM - 5 December, 2017
Hey guys i just got a 2006 MacBook from a yard sale. I installed High Sierra on it but it doesn’t work...
KHigh 2:44 AM - 9 December, 2017
I have a macbook touch bar 15 i7 , and I did a clean install of High Sierra that’s not problem!

I downgrad to Sierra , and all my stuff work correctly = serato 1.9.10 compatible with High Sierre is pure bullshit
Avaco 2:39 PM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:
I have a macbook touch bar 15 i7 , and I did a clean install of High Sierra that’s not problem!

I downgrad to Sierra , and all my stuff work correctly = serato 1.9.10 compatible with High Sierre is pure bullshit

+1
Supagee 8:23 AM - 17 December, 2017
i have ran the beta and the released version on High Sierra with out issues. So the question is what isn't working, Making a statement like that should at least be backed up with all that is wrong and not working.

Easy to just say "Pure Bullshit" with out following up with Why....
Logisticalstyles 3:13 PM - 17 December, 2017
Quote:
serato 1.9.10 compatible with High Sierre is pure bullshit

Works fine for me.