Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Checking for Updates Serato Dj

djMcClaren 7:58 AM - 20 September, 2017
I'm a beginner, I have Serato Dj 1.9.0. I clicked on check for updates and it stated that I have an old version of Serato, and I need to download a newer version. Do you guys always download the new version of Serato? The 1.9.0 version works fine. Thanks.
popnwave 3:20 PM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
I'm a beginner, I have Serato Dj 1.9.0. I clicked on check for updates and it stated that I have an old version of Serato, and I need to download a newer version. Do you guys always download the new version of Serato? The 1.9.0 version works fine. Thanks.

If 1.9.0 works fine, stick with it until you get hardware or there is a feature you need. No reason to mess with your setup if it is working as you would like.
djMcClaren 6:00 AM - 21 September, 2017
I have the Pioneer DDjsx2. Thanks.
DjSyndic8 6:29 AM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:

you know you can install several versions of Serato DJ and you can try them out one by one, but you should install the latest 1.98 version cause it has a lot of bug fixes to date Im running 1.98 with DDJ SX2 and it runs stable az
djMcClaren 6:35 AM - 22 September, 2017
Thanks for your help, however, would it affect any part of my music library?
DjSyndic8 6:38 AM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for your help, however, would it affect any part of my music library?

no your library should stay the same
djMcClaren 1:51 PM - 22 September, 2017
I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Que Yi 6:13 PM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

you know you can install several versions of Serato DJ and you can try them out one by one, but you should install the latest 1.98 version cause it has a lot of bug fixes to date Im running 1.98 with DDJ SX2 and it runs stable az

Within the latest updated have you run into the bug that doesn't allow you sort/browse by BPM within your crates? I have the SX2 as well.
djMcClaren 12:47 AM - 23 September, 2017
No, I haven't run into any issues. I'm using 1.9.0, I'll update after this birthday party Saturday.
DjSyndic8 3:29 AM - 23 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Within the latest updated have you run into the bug that doesn't allow you sort/browse by BPM within your crates? I have the SX2 as well.

na no issues at all