Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video License Inquiry

chris_merto 11:57 PM - 19 September, 2017
In 2012, i was using Serato Video(activated) license in Scratch Live(via Rane SL3) on my Macbook Pro.....then later that year or in early 2013, i've installed Serato DJ on the same Macbook Pro and Serato Video worked as well(without activating)......

my question is, NOW i've installed Serato DJ v1.9.8 on my desktop pc(since my Macbook has broken down) and activated Serato Video on it, BUT Serato Scratch Live Video Plug-in is NOT activated? Do i have to re-activate my license (using the same activation) on Scratch Live v2.5.0???

Enlighten me please.....many thanks
popnwave 2:51 PM - 20 September, 2017
You need to ask support to convert the license - they've since switched the way it's authorizes
DJ Tecniq 9:25 PM - 20 September, 2017
We used to be able to activate the serial number from our profile pages where our products are stored on the serato site but now that is no longer required as they did a license refresh w/Serato Video. I forgot what version it was but Serato Video was once bundled with SDJ. This link may help though
support.serato.com
chris_merto 11:55 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
We used to be able to activate the serial number from our profile pages where our products are stored on the serato site but now that is no longer required as they did a license refresh w/Serato Video. I forgot what version it was but Serato Video was once bundled with SDJ. This link may help though
support.serato.com

i've read that article in "Activation and License" and i am bothered that if I re-activate my Serato Video in Serato Scratch Live, it might not work(though my license is legit and registered to my account).....i have not tried it yet(registering the said license via Scratch Live) and that is why i am asking here(and to your support people) if this is allowed.......

hope you answer my humble inquiry....good day and GOD bless you all!
chris_merto 11:56 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
You need to ask support to convert the license - they've since switched the way it's authorizes

thank you sir
DJ Tecniq 2:24 AM - 22 September, 2017
Yeah support will get you sorted they can transfer the license and even delete the account from the old laptop.