Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Software to Tempo Warp Music Video Files

djkulo 10:16 AM - 15 September, 2017
Any Suggestions on What is the best software to tempo warp old music videos with inconsistent & fluctuating tempo ( Live Drummer) to a constant tempo beatgrid.

The Music Video is "Earth Wind & Fire - September".

I tried with Ableton Live but the Exported Video after warping Quality is not good.
Ableton does Audio very well though.
DJMark 11:17 PM - 17 September, 2017
You'll want to do the audio in Ableton Live, then re-edit/re-sync the video with your new audio in video-editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or whatever).
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:02 AM - 19 September, 2017
Quote:
You'll want to do the audio in Ableton Live, then re-edit/re-sync the video with your new audio in video-editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or whatever).

What's the most efficient way to now sync the video to the audio before exporting to MP4?

I use FCPx to do edits eg replacing the audio track with better quality AIFF audio

8 out of 10 times, once I hit synchronise clips it works fine but some Videos audio track are at a different BPM to the Album version I'm trying to replace with.

Is there a way to adjust BPM of the video in the time line so that it can match the new audio.

My current work flow is to start placing markers on the video then stretching/squeezing the video. I don't touch the new audio file.
popnwave 10:47 PM - 19 September, 2017
It's tricky, but I do the same thing. Stretch the video to match the audio vs the other way around. If you're lucky and the video uses an easy to find edit it's not a big deal, but if it's something else you're gonna have to chop things up.

Don't even get me going on older guitar based stuff that you only have live footage of like The Clase, Ramones, or Talking Heads (like "Psycho Killer") that is almost a lesson in torture.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:25 AM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
It's tricky, but I do the same thing. Stretch the video to match the audio vs the other way around. If you're lucky and the video uses an easy to find edit it's not a big deal, but if it's something else you're gonna have to chop things up.

Don't even get me going on older guitar based stuff that you only have live footage of like The Clase, Ramones, or Talking Heads (like "Psycho Killer") that is almost a lesson in torture.

Torture is an understatement.

I will pay good money for a plug in like that for FCP or any other video editing suite.

Guess I have to stick with the above method for now, yeah I don't touch the audio too.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:38 AM - 20 September, 2017
just found this thread on Serato about it

serato.com