DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mixbank from DubSet still making progress

mister_wilson 8:45 PM - 14 September, 2017
techcrunch.com

Mixbank is still making progress. I noticed that they re-analyzed all of the mixes I attempted to upload in the past and marked them all pending in the last few days. If they are close to a deal with Universal and Warner and are okay to structure it in the same way as Sony, we should finally have a safe place to host our long form mixes. I am not holding my breath, but cautiously optimistic that that big 3 have realized they are losing engagement to mixcloud and soundcloud where they get zero revenue.

Has anyone tried just submitting a "sony" only mix to see what happens?

MisterWilson
Logisticalstyles 1:41 PM - 15 September, 2017
I just discovered Mixbank thanks to this post. DubSet used to have a site called www.thefuture.fm. It was an online radio station. I had a lot of mixes uploaded to that site. I just checked and they have shut it down. There is a notice directing DJs to upload their mixes to Mixbank. I wish they would have just ported the mixes over to Mixbank instead of just shutting down the site. What really sucks is having to create track lists for these mixes again.
mister_wilson 6:29 PM - 15 September, 2017
you don't have to recreate the tracklist.
Quote:
I just discovered Mixbank thanks to this post. DubSet used to have a site called www.thefuture.fm. It was an online radio station. I had a lot of mixes uploaded to that site. I just checked and they have shut it down. There is a notice directing DJs to upload their mixes to Mixbank. I wish they would have just ported the mixes over to Mixbank instead of just shutting down the site. What really sucks is having to create track lists for these mixes again.

you don't have to recreate the tracklist. you can let the software automatically tag everything and then you can edit any unidentified content after the fact. for someone like me who uses a lot of remixes, bootlegs and indie music, it doesn't save much time though. Even if you had a tracklist ready to go, the hard part is adding all of the time stamps.
Logisticalstyles 7:48 PM - 15 September, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that. I uploaded a mix today and I had to manually add the first 8 tracks. After that I wasn't able to add any more tracks so I hit the submit button. A few minutes later all of the tracks were listed. Most were correct but some of the songs were mislabeled.