Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Need Help, Music Plays, Video Freezes. Windows 10

Grant Williams 5:23 AM - 13 September, 2017
every time i load a song, i can mix just like normal and the audio is fine but the video freezes instantly. already went through both optimization guides and have video settings at a bare min.

Im runnng
Core: i7 2.60ghz
Ram 8gb
64bit windows 10
Pioneer DJM-S9

and my video settings
Quality : Medium
Recording Quality 360p
Buffer Size: 512mb
sunnyred 5:00 AM - 19 September, 2017
looks like there is no fix to this, I'm getting the same issue on my computer.
When I try to mix videos it freezes but the audio keeps going. I have tried optimizing my laptop to serato standards, I don't think its a hardware issue, to me it has been a software issue.
I believe there has been no updates to serato video since i purchased it. Its still in version 1.1 something like that.
DJ Tecniq 11:54 AM - 20 September, 2017
Serato Video works best with a good video card. If your laptops have a secondary video card then choose that card to run video. If not it's likely it's just the program I am on Mac with some of the best specs possible and I still have video freezes as well. They either should discontinue use of it or fix it cause we're getting ripped off for broken software and it's starting to piss me off😬🔥
Culprit 2:28 AM - 25 September, 2017
Have you guys run the settings to use ffdshow codecs?

support.serato.com
djnak 5:50 PM - 25 September, 2017
lots of issues may also have to do with where your videos were sourced from...you can't just grab .mp4's from anywhere and expect them to work proper, get your video content from reputable sources, there are many encoders to render a video to .mp4 not all are good... finding sources that optimize their videos for playback in Serato would be another thing to look at
Grant Williams 2:21 AM - 5 October, 2017
Ended up replacing my video card. solved the issue.
Culprit 7:58 AM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
Ended up replacing my video card. solved the issue.

dang! does happen tho