Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Very useful content for music producers, audio and acoustic engineers, and DJ

Josh Peters 3:45 PM - 11 September, 2017
Hello to music producers, audio and acoustic engineers, DJs, and musicians. Today I would like to tell you about a wonderful project, in which I was honored to take part. Sorry for self-promotion but I guess it can be useful. It is a book, written by a team of professional music producers, sound engineers, and music teachers around the world, which contains all music production words, acoustics terms, all EDM genres, audio engineering terminology, recording vocabulary, DJ slang, and electronic music theory definitions. Ebook and print version are available. This is the second version of the book, which we launched just now. We added even more words (rare and unique) that we could only find, and now it contains 201 pages. The book is suitable both for beginners in the world of music creation and for more experienced producers and engineers. Here is a link to it, if anyone is interested. Thank you for attention.

www.amazon.com
AKIEM 5:35 PM - 13 September, 2017
Send me one.
Thanks
Josh Peters 5:47 PM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
Send me one.
Thanks

www.amazon.com
AKIEM 5:49 PM - 13 September, 2017
Yeah, send me one.

pm for my address, thanks
AKIEM 11:27 PM - 13 September, 2017
I went to amazon, read a couple entries and found some typos fyi
Josh Peters 8:54 AM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:

Hi! What kind of mistakes and where? Thank you
AKIEM 2:53 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Well there are at least two grammar errors in the Active Device entry. I would say it's also technically incorrect.
Josh Peters 2:59 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well there are at least two grammar errors in the Active Device entry. I would say it's also technically incorrect.

Active Device is a component that(without "that"?) designed with the ability to control electrical current (as opposed to a Passive Device). Amplifiers in the recording studio are the great examples ("example"?) of Active Devices.
This mistakes?
" I would say it's also technically incorrect" what definition would you give to this word? In my opinion definition is pretty correct.
AKIEM 3:21 PM - 14 September, 2017
Active Device is a component that is designed with the ability to control electrical current (as opposed to a Passive Device). Amplifiers in the recording studio are great examples of Active Devices.

Active Device
Any component which controls electrical current (as opposed to a Passive Device). Amplifiers are great examples of Active Devices.

A Passive Device also controls electrical current. An Acoustic Device actually does not require or control electrical current.
Josh Peters 3:26 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Active Device is a component that is designed with the ability to control electrical current (as opposed to a Passive Device). Amplifiers in the recording studio are great examples of Active Devices.

Active Device
Any component which controls electrical current (as opposed to a Passive Device). Amplifiers are great examples of Active Devices.

A Passive Device also controls electrical current. An Acoustic Device actually does not require or control electrical current.

Wow, thank you for help and for mistakes, really appreciate that)
AKIEM 4:14 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Active Device

Wow, thank you for help and for mistakes, really appreciate that)

What should actally be mentioned is crossovers because that's more often the question about active/passive.

Now, how can I help you further without a copy?
Josh Peters 6:03 PM - 14 September, 2017
Even I don't have a copy (yet), only electronic))
They are mentioned in the word "crossover". Under him
AKIEM 7:06 PM - 14 September, 2017
You don't have a copy and it's on the second edetion? hmm.
Josh Peters 9:42 PM - 14 September, 2017
What's so strange about it? Some guys bought it, I still did not. I'm putting off everything for tomorrow)
AKIEM 6:04 PM - 15 September, 2017
Yeah. Tomorrow. lol.

btw, there were more errors... eh.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:55 PM - 18 September, 2017
Quote:

LOL - it may be worth it to gift/send him the $3.99 for the Kindle version so he can help you "PROOF" the future electronic versions...

Too late for print.
AKIEM 7:53 PM - 18 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

LOL - it may be worth it to gift/send him the $3.99 for the Kindle version so he can help you "PROOF" the future electronic versions...

Too late for print.

Hmmmm, 200 pages @ -$0.02 . That's not the best deal I think I could make. If he gifted me the kendle version that would be +$0.02 a page to "proof" (literally my two cents). And you know I'm going to - ego. And bet I offer a vastly better cover design for the low.

I don't know hops, I don't know...