Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Update Serato Video Please

DJ Deividi 10:29 PM - 8 September, 2017
Please, review on serato video.
The software consumes a lot of processing from all its competitors (virtual dj, Rekordbox and others).
It is indicated to use the Mix emergency, but could have an update of the serato itself for the users who bought the product.
I use Serato Scratch Live with SL3 and Serato Video, Serato Dj with Video consumes a lot of any machine.
Oscar Troya 3:40 PM - 11 September, 2017
+1
Hickory 6:22 PM - 11 September, 2017
+1

Really hoping v 2.0 of SDJ brings some special stuff to get SDJV relevant. I see lots of talk on this forum of other video products being suggested over SDJV. I have to admit to myself that without performance upgrades and added features that I am going to move away from SDJV all together.
Djoseviera 8:44 PM - 12 September, 2017
Please, new release of serato video without quicktime in windows.
lvmez 10:50 PM - 12 September, 2017
Buy Mix Emergency and never look back. If your spending money on videos then your already invested.

If your a bedroom VJ ripping YouTube videos then keep begging serato for an update.
Hickory 11:16 PM - 12 September, 2017
or I can do what I want and keep encourage Serato to improve one of their plug-ins.
lvmez 12:53 AM - 13 September, 2017
By all means, keep asking. They obviously haven't updated there software because it doesn't make financial sense. Serato is in the business of making money. It no longer is on the top of there list especially since anyone who is serious about VJing has switched to ME.
DJ Tecniq 1:49 AM - 13 September, 2017
If you use Pioneer products try Rekordbox Video it may not have video recording but it runs very smooth.
lvmez 1:54 AM - 13 September, 2017
Rekord Box Video is $149 plus tax

ME is $199 with every possible feature.
DJ Tecniq 2:35 AM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
Rekord Box Video is $149 plus tax

ME is $199 with every possible feature.
ME is def the better choice I need a dummies tutorial there's so many things you can do that I haven't used yet lol.
DJ Deividi 2:58 PM - 13 September, 2017
I agree to buy the ME, but if the video is bad because it is still sold?
VP 6:01 PM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
By all means, keep asking. They obviously haven't updated there software because it doesn't make financial sense. Serato is in the business of making money. It no longer is on the top of there list especially since anyone who is serious about VJing has switched to ME.

Quote:
Buy Mix Emergency and never look back. If your spending money on videos then your already invested.

If your a bedroom VJ ripping YouTube videos then keep begging serato for an update.

some of us are windows users and ME isn't compatible with windows.
lvmez 6:36 PM - 13 September, 2017
Good point. Have you guys looked into virtual DJ video? I've heard it is very stable on PC.
VP 7:28 PM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
Good point. Have you guys looked into virtual DJ video? I've heard it is very stable on PC.

serato and mixemergency both have it wrong. if they're in BUSINESS to make money they're doing it wrong catering to only mac users (mixemergency) and audio users (serato).
with everyone being able to make professional quality videos they should both cater to windows and video users especially now.
traktor made a bad call not doing video files.

the good thing with virtual dj is that they listen to their users and dish out updates quickly. it's been years since i used virtual dj. i used it in the ssl days. i'm not really enthused to go back.

but we now have a new player with rekordbox and maybe that will serato guys start working.
i think serato have made it known they don't care about updating features and listening to their users. when rekordbox gets more stable i'll just switch.
popnwave 8:30 PM - 13 September, 2017
I don't think ME is wrong in any way. Nick is a one man show and developing for Apple hardware is a lot easier and has a lot less variables than PC. I can't imagine what his support requests would be like if he did.
popnwave 8:31 PM - 13 September, 2017
But I do agree with Rekordbox, it's not as full featured as Mix Emergency (and I haven't used VDJ in years) but with 5.0 it is super stable and I think does everything SV can do except Karaoke stuff.
lvmez 9:07 PM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
I don't think ME is wrong in any way. Nick is a one man show and developing for Apple hardware is a lot easier and has a lot less variables than PC. I can't imagine what his support requests would be like if he did.

+100000000

99% of VJ's use Macs. Nick knew where his market was and capitalized on it.

PC users should switch to Virtual for video.
VP 12:49 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

+100000000

99% of VJ's use Macs. Nick knew where his market was and capitalized on it.

PC users should switch to Virtual for video.

i can understand him being a one man show and sticking to mac. he's probably doing so well that he doesn't feel the need to develop for pc but pc has way more users and he'd make way more money in 3 years (reasonable time to get a stable program) than he's ever made with mac (since 2008).

the same used to be said with music production. but windows programs changed the game.