Serato DJ Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Intro software and controllers.

Opening song at pub gig

ShawnDJRx 8:12 AM - 2 September, 2017
DJing my first pub/bar. It will be a mix crowd. I always seem to have trouble picking that first song to set the tone for the night. Do I start out at low bpm and work up? Any starting song ideas would be great. Thanks
DJ Tecniq 1:30 AM - 3 September, 2017
Quote:
DJing my first pub/bar. It will be a mix crowd. I always seem to have trouble picking that first song to set the tone for the night. Do I start out at low bpm and work up? Any starting song ideas would be great. Thanks
Calvin Harris "Feels" it will set the mood just right👍🏼
ShawnDJRx 6:00 AM - 3 September, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I will try that and work from there.
Laz219 12:23 PM - 3 September, 2017
To be honest, at a pub gig...I doubt anybody will even be paying attention to your first track.
Especially if you're taking over from a built in music system (unless you go from that to way louder instantly)

Are you expecting to have an attentive crowd from the start or you're building it from 'people sitting around having drink, into club vibe" kinda thing?
ShawnDJRx 3:27 PM - 3 September, 2017
Yes you have it exactly right. I'm taking over from a wall juke box. I had the gig last night decent turn out. Hoping to have this gig every Saturday night. I wanted to get some MJ in there last night but feel I missed the chance the later it got. Does anyone stick with not starting out your set over 100bpm? I hear different things.
Laz219 2:21 AM - 4 September, 2017
I wouldn't even put any thought into a particular starting BPM- songs can have hugely different energy levels regardless of BPM.
I usually just start out with a few newer tracks that haven't really broken yet to see what how they go.
easy1234 11:45 PM - 13 November, 2017
Play what you love - you want to play some MJ then play it, some cracking remixes of his stuff kicking about, allow you to play one of his tunes with a bit of a twist.