DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Akai AFX gone to legacy

kip 9:01 AM - 31 August, 2017
Akai AFX gone to legacy www.akaipro.com
Gio Alex 11:00 AM - 31 August, 2017
Interesting. Maybe they're putting out a MK2
kip 11:31 AM - 31 August, 2017
An mk2 AMX would be nice too.
Gio Alex 2:23 PM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
An mk2 AMX would be nice too.

I have a feeling Akai is still making real good money on those AMX units. Looking back at the AFX, it's a really nice unit and has a lot of things covered.
Logisticalstyles 2:43 PM - 31 August, 2017
I ended up selling my AFX. It didn't feel right unless i had two of them. It was too easy to forget which deck it was set to. My AMX on the other hand has been pretty solid. Definitely worth the money.
kip 6:49 PM - 31 August, 2017
If only they make a single platter deck as a replacement...Paired with AMX could be a winner, like a fragmented controller, having the choice of jogs or dvs.
HighTopFade 8:46 PM - 31 August, 2017
AFX is pretty cool if you're totally aware of which deck you're on. As far as I can tell, it natively covers all of Serato's Pad functions. It has native Serato Flip controls. My personal favorite functions are Beat Skip, Pitch Bend, and INT/REL control. I hope mine lasts forever. Pretty dependent on it.
Despo 5:04 PM - 1 September, 2017
if akai simply made the afx a bit longer and gave us 16 pads and 2 deck control like the NI X1 or F1, they would have been a lot better
Gio Alex 9:25 PM - 1 September, 2017
Quote:
if akai simply made the afx a bit longer and gave us 16 pads and 2 deck control like the NI X1 or F1, they would have been a lot better

I feel like the AFX is SDJ ready and has all the proper features and buttons though. While the X1 is great (had one myself), it doesn't match the AFX's SDJ ready layout. I think it was perfect for SSL. Just my opinion though.
Laz219 12:35 PM - 3 September, 2017
I never really paid attention to the AFX, looking at it now though looks like a really nice layout.

There's been a few hardware controllers I've looked at for FX control etc- Serato Remote just seemed like a better option for 10% of the price of most options- although always being upgradeable to match the SDJ feature set was a main selling point, which doesn't seem to be happening.
Gio Alex 4:42 PM - 3 September, 2017
Quote:
I never really paid attention to the AFX, looking at it now though looks like a really nice layout.

I thought the same when I originally commented.