Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Akai MPD218

WickedNY 1:58 AM - 31 August, 2017
Hi All - Before I purchase it, can someone tell me if the Akai MPD218 works with Serato?

Thanks.
WildPort 7:32 PM - 31 August, 2017
I have the MPD226 and it works fine
WickedNY 11:06 PM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
I have the MPD226 and it works fine

Thank you! is it hooked into your laptop or directly into the USB on the mixer?
WildPort 12:38 AM - 1 September, 2017
No prob, it's hooked to my pc/usb
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:43 PM - 3 September, 2017
Serato Sample doesn't have any native hardware mappings just yet but if the controller is MIDI mappable you should be able to control Serato Sample using the MPD in your DAW :)

Regards
WildPort 1:50 PM - 11 September, 2017
Quote:
Serato Sample doesn't have any native hardware mappings just yet
You made my heart race there for a second, i really hope you guys can implement a start and finish sample knob like the mpc and maschine, i would pay an extra 50 bucks for that :)
WickedNY 5:34 PM - 21 September, 2017
I was hoping not to have to run another program during my set to play samples from the Akai. ugh
WickedNY 5:55 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
Serato Sample doesn't have any native hardware mappings just yet but if the controller is MIDI mappable you should be able to control Serato Sample using the MPD in your DAW :)

Regards

Hi Scott - Do you know if/when Serato DJ will be able to natively map the Akai MPD218 ?
jsblack 11:37 AM - 23 September, 2017
+1 on Akai MPD218...
Also, would be so neat to set Start/end slices with infinite knobs :) +1000
Jaywoo 11:10 PM - 10 January, 2018
Can I run the mod218 in ableton and link to serato while using my ns7IIi? I’ve tried and haven’t been able to yet.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:02 AM - 11 January, 2018
Quote:
Hi Scott - Do you know if/when Serato DJ will be able to natively map the Akai MPD218 ?

I assume you mean Serato Sample, not Serato DJ.

There are no native hardware mappings for Serato Sample just yet. It's something we've wanted to do, but no news to when this will be available sorry!

Cheers
functionform 9:58 PM - 25 June, 2018
There is no rush on this, do other stuff like velo mapping first! I use Serato Sample with MPD218, and it works great. Simple midi note to pad mapping. Anyone who buys a 218 should know how to set the notes correctly to trigger the sample right.
Rumo76 11:36 PM - 24 October, 2018
Quote:
There is no rush on this, do other stuff like velo mapping first! I use Serato Sample with MPD218, and it works great. Simple midi note to pad mapping. Anyone who buys a 218 should know how to set the notes correctly to trigger the sample right.

Ridiculous when there are so many other samplers with features Serato doesn't have where you DON'T have to do this and they easily map to one of the most common controller formats on the planet...that literally almost everything has a pre-defined mapping for, or allows custom mappings.

Anyone who buys a 218 should know how to do it, but they should also know any product that makes them go through all that trouble is not worth their time lol
Rumo76 11:39 PM - 24 October, 2018
I'm gonna spend the time to re-map the midi notes for my controller pads just to use a sampler that has no velo mapping? LMAAAO
MusicCardsTees 3:39 PM - 19 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Ridiculous when there are so many other samplers with features Serato doesn't have where you DON'T have to do this and they easily map to one of the most common controller formats on the planet...that literally almost everything has a pre-defined mapping for, or allows custom mappings.

Anyone who buys a 218 should know how to do it, but they should also know any product that makes them go through all that trouble is not worth their time lol
This part. I know how to trigger a sample. I've owned 2 MPCS, an MC 808, a Korg Triton, and a Roland Fantom X6.

That means nothing at all when it comes to SERATO SAMPLE mapping the GUI pads to the pads of the MPD 218 controller without having to go through a bunch of steps.

No need to for people to passive aggressively insult people as if we are children playing with Legos.
Skiroy 7:39 PM - 2 July, 2019
Yes please midi map the start/stop cue points and zoom in/out to midi knobs.

And a global attack envelope for all pads.

Finally, Give us the ability to trim/Cut samples so we dont have to do it before we drop it in the plugin.

These 3 things would make this VST dominate all hardware and software right now for sampling.