DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJing Wedding After Party Fashion Advice...lol

H2o 5:20 PM - 25 August, 2017
Hey all,

Gonna be DJing two wedding after parties this fall at a spot I do alot of other events at.
It's a small New American, trendy restaurant/bar space.

One of the parties is actually for an old classmate that I'm friendly with, but not super tight with so not attending the wedding ceremony/reception, the other is for a complete stranger.

Gut is telling me to keep it simple - nice jeans, button down, and a casual-ish blazer. Think it'd be strange to be wearing wedding attire if I'm not actually attending either ceremony/reception, but also think that maybe I'd look more out of place since everyone else would be coming from a formal event.

This is probably one of the more random posts on this forum lol
deezlee 5:55 PM - 25 August, 2017
Dress nice. You don't need a tux to dress nice.
H2o 6:00 PM - 25 August, 2017
Quote:
Dress nice. You don't need a tux to dress nice.

Ha, yeah...hear ya...just wanted to bounce some ideas around

Haven't done any wedding after party events, so just wanted to hear some other thoughts
Logisticalstyles 6:43 PM - 25 August, 2017
I would not wear jeans. The button down and casual blazer seem ok, but not jeans. I've only done a couple receptions where jeans were acceptable and it was specifically stated on the invitation.
H2o 6:49 PM - 25 August, 2017
Hm, yeah it's not a reception tough it's after the reception...after party
H2o 6:49 PM - 25 August, 2017
*though
Logisticalstyles 9:17 PM - 25 August, 2017
Well in that case I say wear jeans.
H2o 10:36 PM - 25 August, 2017
:)
SpareChange 11:01 PM - 25 August, 2017
I did one of these a couple of weeks ago. I went with a dress shirt untucked, khakis. They basically sent the children and the older folks to bed and had the after party for the "cool kids". About half the party had changed into more casual gear and the other half still had on their wedding attire. I think as long as you do the nice button up and the jeans aren't too crazy (more solid color, not ripped up) you'll be fine.
H2o 11:05 PM - 25 August, 2017
Ha, thanks sparechange

Kind of the answer I was looking for.

Yeah, was thinking there might be some wardrobe changes anyway, as well.

Just regular jeans that fit well not skinny jeans but not too loose either.

Think I'll go with your experience and my instinct on this one.
deezlee 11:31 PM - 25 August, 2017
Wear your nicest suit/pants/outfit w dope shoes and a hat or some shit. Yer the DJ show class and style!
dj_soo 7:12 AM - 26 August, 2017
i wouldn't worry about it personally.

It's not a wedding, it's a bar that the wedding party is going to after the reception and you happen to be the dj.
H2o 11:39 AM - 26 August, 2017
Thanks for the input dj soo....

Kinda the way I was looking at it anyway.

Btw...recently found bunch of your threads on yamaha DXR series speakers. and can say I'm glad I took your advice.

Switched from old SRM 450s to DXR 12s this summer and loving it