DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Behringer B1200DPRO....but should I?

D Jay Cee 4:57 AM - 22 August, 2017
ok...i have a pair of JBL 515XTs
they are wonderful speakers and not only have a great range, but they can really fill a large room....but i want to do something to take some of the work off of them.
for now i was thinking of just getting one Behringer B1200DPRO (for now). that would be centered in front of my booth. i really only need the bass for the dance floor area...no more than 60ft away from the sub in any direction i would care about.
What do you guys think?
1. Yes, i am on a budget.
2. I am overseas in Japan, prices are F'n Outrageous for PA equipment out here.
3. this is probably the largest sub i can get shipped to my military address. (weight and size limitations to APO/FPO addresses)

side note is the subs are too small to support my JBLs so no stacking or using a pole
DJ Fairground 6:34 PM - 24 August, 2017
I had the Behringer its ok, but not a lot of bass at all. Before I got it I had the Kustom PA PA112S Powered Sub. Great for 200$, it's better than the Behringer, but the crossover isn't great, unless i was using it wrong.

Now I have an RCF 705AS-II, I'm booming now.
D Jay Cee 11:30 PM - 24 August, 2017
Outta my price range and maybe too big to ship.
westell54 4:44 AM - 25 August, 2017
I have the Behringer and I like it a lot. Most people get two of them and couple them together. They're small enough to place both underneath a 48" wide table and they balance out your sound pretty good. Especially for people on a budget...

One thing to keep in mind is, they are 12" drivers and your JBL tops are 15" drivers, so don't expect them to out perform your tops. The thing to keep in mind is that since they sit on the floor, they will be more effective. If you're doing enlisted clubs, etc..., you should be fine. The sub also has a crossover and phase adjustment.

I hope this is helpful to you.
DJ_Dad 6:48 AM - 25 August, 2017
I had that sub ONCE. Weak sloppy bass and it started cutting out on me. Honestly, you are probably better off upgrading your tops with the money spent on the sub, or get another sub. For the money, get a kw181. Get one used if you can't get a new one. That's a good mid level sub.
D Jay Cee 10:16 PM - 30 August, 2017
Outside of my price range even used and too big to ship overseas to Japan
dj_soo 8:43 PM - 31 August, 2017
maybe try Yamaha? They are a japanese company so might not have the same import taxes that other companies have?
D Jay Cee 5:57 AM - 1 September, 2017
Shit...Japanese stuff costs more here than America!
dj_soo 6:36 AM - 1 September, 2017
According to your requirements, there's no way that Beringer is going to a) keep up B) add that much bass and c) throw 60 feet.

I'd probably save my money and keep sticking with just your tops.

Maybe try a Chinese store? No idea how much pa gear is there mind you...