Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

You will lose money by relying on Serato!

cheesy mouse 5:30 AM - 12 August, 2017
About 2 months ago I purchased the full license for Serato DJ for professional use. This means I can use it on any computer at any time all I have to do is deactivate it on the old computer... well that's when the troubles began. 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my PC for audio production and DJing and proceeded to install Serato only to find out that not only did my old pc no longer let me use Serato anymore when it had worked fine until now, Serato was also showing me that I did not have any subscription action activated, thus I could no longer use their software on any device what so ever and it was also going to be challenging conveying this to their staff. So, for a week now I have been in communication with Serato trying to prove that I did indeed purchase a license by providing payment details and personal information but they have been incredibly slow with responding to my request with only 1 message a day.

Now, normally I would sit back and accept that any company is going to be slow with support, however, this is a product that people use as part of their job such as myself and now not only am I losing money by not having access to the product I paid for, I am also having to explain to people who were expecting me to do work for them why I cannot at the moment.

I honestly never thought I would have troubles with a DJ software company and I have faith that they will try to resolve this, but for now, I must share this with the public because this is so far unacceptable.
cheesy mouse 5:36 AM - 12 August, 2017
On a further note, there has been a day or two between support response each time, leaving me feeling like they don't care about this issue. I have been fast and in detail with responses so I do not see any reason why it would take so long.
Despo 9:12 AM - 12 August, 2017
this sounds like user error so much it isn't even funny.

you know that most SDJ controllers and SL-Boxes unlock the software from the get go right? And those that don't work with serato intro.

So first off what kind of hardware are you using?

Are you logged in inside sdj in your account?
have you viewed the licence activation panel and made sure that your stuff is indeed activated.
Have you read the manual?

also instead of turning gigs away you could've simply downloaded a rekordbox trial software and use that for your gigs in the meantime.

SDJ is solid software that made me a lot of money.
cheesy mouse 9:18 AM - 12 August, 2017
This controller didn't come with it as it was second hand, hence purchasing the license.
Of course, I've logged in on my sdj account.
Yes, I have viewed the license activation panel and made sure that it is activated, multiple times.
Yes, I have read the manual, its got nothing to do with that, it's literally as if my subscription has disappeared on their end.

And I purchased this software for compatibility reasons.

It's not user error, there just isn't a record of subscription on their end anymore.
Despo 9:29 AM - 12 August, 2017
ok then, your subscriptions on your account shouldn't simply vanish. I've never had that happen to me or anyone I know but I believe you.

Which controller do you have btw?
Have you tried using serato dj intro in the meantime? It should work with any controller that doesn't have full activation built in, and it's pretty powerful software too
cheesy mouse 9:36 AM - 12 August, 2017
I have tried DJ intro but you can't record what you make with it. The controller is a Pioneer Serato DDJ-SB, and I was using it on the old pc the same week as I got my new one, so there wasnt any issues it was just when I tried logging into Serato on the new pc that everything seems to have been broken lol, I thought okay maybe I need to go to my old pc and sign out from that or deactivate it, even though I believe you can have 2 computers at a time. Neither worked and so I then tried reinstalling Serato and checking different email addresses to see if maybe it made another account, still nothing. The only emails I have are of DJ lessons lol, when normally you would get a receipt of some kind
cheesy mouse 9:38 AM - 12 August, 2017
I have proof of the purchase on my bank statement
Despo 9:45 AM - 12 August, 2017
yeah intro sadly doesn't let you record internally, but you could route your output into a recording software, it does let you play gigs tho.

Also your DDJ works natively rekordbox, the trial version lets you record.

serato support has to adress this asap, things shouldn't simply vanish on an account
cheesy mouse 9:47 AM - 12 August, 2017
For me, $200 is a lot of money and not an amount I would spend lightly which is why I feel as if this is of importance.
While I could take the time to find other software that will work and set them up to do the same thing, I spent the money for the convenience of it just working and doing exactly what I need to do, when I need to do it on any pc over the life time, and I think this is a very positive reason for purchasing a product. This is why I feel it is important for a company with such a positive reputation and product to maintain effective customer service, especially regarding purchases.
cheesy mouse 9:54 AM - 12 August, 2017
I should mention that I trialed a couple other software when my Serato free trial ran out and the very first problem I had was reorganizing all my crates and labels, favorites, etc, not something you want to have to keep doing all the time lol
mixgoonie 12:10 PM - 12 August, 2017
I made some parties with Intro and since it is able to read analysed files of sdj, as backup it remains a good choice.

I made great parties with both of them, some improvements are still needed for SDJ but it does the job
Dj_Roger 2:10 PM - 12 August, 2017
Probably a stupid question, but did you buy the lisens or subscribe ?
It´s never cool when something don´t work, but do you turn down gigs because of this ?
If this had happened to me i would either used SDJ Intro for free or Subscribed/bought a lisens until things are working out and i´m sure they would have compensated it.
Turning down a gig because of this wil cost you 3 times as much than buying a new lisens, and YOUR customers will atleast be happy.
Hope they solve this problem quickly.
Rebelguy 2:22 PM - 12 August, 2017
How long ago did you make the purchase? If it's somewhat recently than simply do a chargeback on your credit card. This should catch their attention as the money will be taken back from them.
DJ Tecniq 7:26 PM - 12 August, 2017
Could of always did the free 14 day trial for SDJ🤔
cheesy mouse 3:21 AM - 13 August, 2017
Great advice guys :)
I feel a bit rude saying this because it's not as bad as if someone else had this issue... I'm just doing some nooby stuff haha my friend was paying me to make mixes for his page, it's not the end of the world. But I do feel as if this is something they should try to be on top of, I did purchase a life time subscription after all.
cheesy mouse 1:41 AM - 14 August, 2017
Update: They are being really responsive today and seem to have found my license. Perhaps they had to do some internal communications as part of the support, who knows why it's taken so long haha but its sorted :)
Serato, Support
Chez P 2:03 AM - 14 August, 2017
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

I have found your license on one of your alternative email addresses. I've sent you an email letting you know what this email address is.

I would recommend writing this email down so that you don't forget it in the future.

All the best.
Rebelguy 7:10 AM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

I have found your license on one of your alternative email addresses. I've sent you an email letting you know what this email address is.

I would recommend writing this email down so that you don't forget it in the future.

All the best.

So it was user error.
Despo 8:24 AM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

All the best.

So it was user error.

called it, lol.
DJ Tecniq 8:53 AM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

All the best.

So it was user error.
^ Lol
cheesy mouse 11:18 AM - 16 August, 2017
yeh Nah it wasnt, its now been two weeks and they are still asking me questions that I gave the answers to when asking for support, to begin with.

I stated:
- I checked all email addresses
- I checked the old computer including if I could deactivate it (which I couldn't because there was no license attached)
-I checked the website
-reinstalled Serato

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I'm more than on top of the email addresses I own.
cheesy mouse 11:19 AM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

All the best.

So it was user error.

called it, lol.

Im surprised there are trolls on this forum.
Serato, Support
Chez P 11:12 PM - 16 August, 2017
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

Let's go ahead with that TeamViewer session and see what's up. I feel like we should be able to get this issue resolved asap.
cheesy mouse 6:21 AM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

Let's go ahead with that TeamViewer session and see what's up. I feel like we should be able to get this issue resolved asap.

^Chez is a legend. Multiple people were dealing with the case over the 2 weeks but Chez saw it and immediately gave me a ring this morning to set up a time where he could remote access my computer and fix it, which he did, he was also very understanding of the idea that I wanted to provide constructive rather than demeaning criticism so as to help better their service as I really appreciated the product.

The problem was the email address i registered was missing a letter, however, while user error, this could be hugely prevented, the registration page does not ask you to input your email twice, which is usually done to prevent this kind of situation from happening, a picture of this can be found here: imgur.com
cheesy mouse 6:37 AM - 17 August, 2017
imgur.com <- imgur link to a screenshot of their billing page, which I believe is also their only registration page, not sure why you can't see the whole link above
Rebelguy 5:38 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

^Chez is a legend. Multiple people were dealing with the case over the 2 weeks but Chez saw it and immediately gave me a ring this morning to set up a time where he could remote access my computer and fix it, which he did, he was also very understanding of the idea that I wanted to provide constructive rather than demeaning criticism so as to help better their service as I really appreciated the product.

The problem was the email address i registered was missing a letter, however, while user error, this could be hugely prevented, the registration page does not ask you to input your email twice, which is usually done to prevent this kind of situation from happening, a picture of this can be found here: imgur.com

I find it interesting that you start this by coming in and speaking negatively about the company, advise people not to trust the company and speak badly about the staff only to discover it was your own mistake which caused the problem. Even then you still can't accept it was your fault and apologize. You have to deflect the blame on to someone else.

Can't you just man up and admit you screwed up and apologize?

Not trolling. Just keeping it real.
cheesy mouse 4:01 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Cheesy Mouse,

I find it interesting that you start this by coming in and speaking negatively about the company, advise people not to trust the company and speak badly about the staff only to discover it was your own mistake which caused the problem. Even then you still can't accept it was your fault and apologize. You have to deflect the blame on to someone else.

Thanks for your concern, but you seem to have missed a few details before coming to your assumption.

Un-following this thread now.
Rebelguy 6:31 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your concern, but you seem to have missed a few details before coming to your assumption.

Un-following this thread now.

What details? You stated what the cause of the problem was above.
deejdave 1:21 PM - 18 August, 2017
So for anyone referencing this thread with similar issue/s the problem was the OP entered the incorrect e-mail address. Glad to serato was able to indenting your error and rectify it for you. Assuming you are good to go otherwise everyone can move on. Enjoy the software. For future refenence issues like this are best kept within the normal support routes for reasons examplified above. Regardless of who's fault it was they are typically able to get things right in a fairly timely fashion keeping in mind many of them are in alternate time zones and have plenty of activity going on between developing, support and other stuff going as well.
DJ Tecniq 1:44 PM - 18 August, 2017
Glad it got sorted DJ Cheesy Mouse. Just make sure you type your email correctly next time.