Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Resolume - Picture Quality Syphon Issues with Mix Emergency & SV

DJ Marv the Maverick 1:50 PM - 11 August, 2017
Just dipping my toes into the Resolume world...i slept on resolume.

I notice a degradation in visual quality when i pass Mix Emergency to Resolume via Syphon.

I tried with Serato Video too at Best resolution and noticed little or no degradation.(i.e Serato Video video quality was better)

Is this normal behavior for the picture to degrade when using syphon to share videos especially with Mix Emergency?

I tried different composition resolution, no joy. I also tried poking around ME sharing settings to see if there was something i didn't enable, i upped the resolution to 1080.

These are mostly videos downloaded from SV, Xtendamix.

I am trying to take advantage of the FX engine in Resolume.

When i play the videos direct via ME or SV they are crisp.
popnwave 8:37 PM - 11 August, 2017
I'd ask on the inklen.com forums, Nick is pretty darn awesome about feedback on things like this.
DJ Baby Boy 6:26 PM - 12 August, 2017
In the mix emergency settings enable use advanced output and set the resolution to 1280x720 and make sure to click reset points ... After that you won't have any problems ... The reason it seems that you're getting lower quality is because syphon is sending/reading the current output size of ME which would be a much much lower resolution since most people leave the output window much smaller when not being used on an external screen ... Also to help make it easier you can select the NDI output and select 1280x720 again and it'll automatically send the 720p signal to resolume
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:45 AM - 13 August, 2017
Quote:
In the mix emergency settings enable use advanced output and set the resolution to 1280x720 and make sure to click reset points ... After that you won't have any problems ... The reason it seems that you're getting lower quality is because syphon is sending/reading the current output size of ME which would be a much much lower resolution since most people leave the output window much smaller when not being used on an external screen ... Also to help make it easier you can select the NDI output and select 1280x720 again and it'll automatically send the 720p signal to resolume

Thanks. I will try it out.

Wasn't aware that Resolume supported NDI