DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane MP2015 LE (Limited Edition) at DJ Expo

lvmez 12:24 AM - 8 August, 2017
Not sure how much truth there is to this news. I wonder what would be the difference between original and newer model.

www.instagram.com
DJ Irv 3:41 PM - 8 August, 2017
Is it LE because it's now made in China?
Detroitbootybass 4:07 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
Is it LE because it's now made in China?

Maybe it gets that designation because it uses cheaper DACs (the MP2015 and MP2014 used AKM's top of the line 'flagship' DAC), cheaper phono preamps, and/or lower-grade potentiometers. In fact, I would expect no less from an inMusic product.
DJ Irv 4:24 PM - 8 August, 2017
I have a feeling it might include the DVS license for SDJ which would be a slap in the face to the people who bought the original version made in America.
Gio Alex 4:28 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
I have a feeling it might include the DVS license for SDJ which would be a slap in the face to the people who bought the original version made in America.

Yikes! Yeah it would be a real slap in the face.
Rebelguy 5:39 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:

Why?
lvmez 6:06 PM - 8 August, 2017
I think it will have Dual USB ports for turntables like the seventwo
lvmez 6:06 PM - 8 August, 2017
Seventy Two
Mr. Goodkat 9:59 PM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:

the OG american mixer has to be worth a serato license for a chinese 2015 made by inmusic
Rebelguy 11:59 PM - 8 August, 2017
For all we know this could just be a bunch of leftover inventory from after the sale. All they would have to do is slap a limited-edition sticker on it and throw in some extra goodie and they could charge a premium.
DJMIYAGI 7:06 PM - 9 August, 2017
*From The DJ Hookup*

Just got off the phone with our friends at Rane/InMusic.

Here is what we learned about the Seventy-Two and the return of Rane.

- Seventy-Two has 3 re-engineered faders, with magnetic (not mechanical) tension adjustment and better durability than previous generations.
- We've confirmed that the screen will indeed be a touch screen, though likely with more functionality than pure FX control (couldn't get further clarification).
- The base price will be $1,899 (as always, ask us for a hookup via chat/email, because that's what we do) and ETA is roughly Q4.
- In addition to this mixer, Rane will be bringing back the SL4, a limited edition MP2015 AND another major release, which we couldn't get further clarification on at this point.

*** We'll send full details of all items next Monday morning, including official Seventy-Two and not-yet named media player specs. To be the first to find out, go to thedjhookup.com and subscribe now. **
Mr. Goodkat 7:13 PM - 9 August, 2017
am i the only person that gets worried about touch screens anywhere near a club or water(drinks)?
Gio Alex 7:20 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
am i the only person that gets worried about touch screens anywhere near a club or water(drinks)?

Wasn't the DJM 2000 a touch screen? Plus a lot of spots have CDJ/900/2000 and XDJs as their main setups and all of those are touch screen.
DJMIYAGI 7:29 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Wasn't the DJM 2000 a touch screen? Plus a lot of spots have CDJ/900/2000 and XDJs as their main setups and all of those are touch screen.

Yup and the XDJ-1000 screens are actually designed to respond like normal even with moisture present from sweaty hands, liquids, etc.
Mr. Goodkat 7:29 PM - 9 August, 2017
yeah the 2000 was the xdj is the only touch screen the others CDJs are not.

it just always is one more thing to worry about.

seems like most of those 2000s would have been used for house/techno type stuff that actually might have a dj booth that isnt close to people and their drinks.

even if the dj is drinking or just gets sweaty hands, it can mess things up as far as triggering things.
Mr. Goodkat 7:31 PM - 9 August, 2017
i guess the cdj 2000nxs2 has a touch screen.

none of these units are old enough to know how they will handle a few years of club abuse.
Gio Alex 7:33 PM - 9 August, 2017
I DJ at two spots that have either the XDJ 1000s and the 2000NXS and the booths are pretty damn close to them drinks LOL based on the condition of the poor Rane 62 in one of those spots. I'm surprised it still works.
Mr. Goodkat 7:36 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
I DJ at two spots that have either the XDJ 1000s and the 2000NXS and the booths are pretty damn close to them drinks LOL based on the condition of the poor Rane 62 in one of those spots. I'm surprised it still works.

im sure they've got to realize that ppl could spill drinks being a dj mixer so im sure they're is some sort of precautionary measures taken, its just one of those things that freaks me out as a consumer.
lvmez 10:34 PM - 15 August, 2017
Looks like its the same MP2015 but reintroduced. Same price point as before ($2899). Looks like it will be back pit in September.

I am considering selling mine and getting the 72 with one Twelve. We'll see.
Rebelguy 1:53 AM - 16 August, 2017
I am somewhat surprised by the pricing given that the new one is manufactured overseas. I would rather look for a used old model then purchase one of the new ones.
Gio Alex 2:04 AM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I am somewhat surprised by the pricing given that the new one is manufactured overseas. I would rather look for a used old model then purchase one of the new ones.

is there really no difference btwn the two other than where's it's manufactured?
lvmez 2:28 AM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

I might be selling mine. Might jump on a 72 and one Twelve.
Rebelguy 2:59 AM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

is there really no difference btwn the two other than where's it's manufactured?

Supposedly it's the same product. Just made in Taiwan.
slimmjimm 1:45 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

It was weird to flip over the SL4 and see Made In Taiwan.
Gio Alex 1:47 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Dang, must be a trip.
slimmjimm 2:24 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dang, must be a trip.

I'm really not against anything being made overseas. My Macs have been good etc. It still felt "solid" and pretty much what I remember the fit and finish being on my SL2.
Rebelguy 2:44 PM - 16 August, 2017
I don't have a problem with where they manufacture the gear either. If it's made in a quality controlled factory then the results will most likely be the same. My problem with the situation is that the manufacturing was moved overseas to lower costs but they are going to charge the same amount for this product.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:30 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I don't have a problem with where they manufacture the gear either. If it's made in a quality controlled factory then the results will most likely be the same. My problem with the situation is that the manufacturing was moved overseas to lower costs but they are going to charge the same amount for this product.

Isn't that the point of business? Lower your overhead to increase your profits. I can't be mad at them for that.
Rebelguy 5:49 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Isn't that the point of business? Lower your overhead to increase your profits. I can't be mad at them for that.

I don't think that works in this market. Allen & Heath tried it with their mixers and ultimately ended up lowering their prices.
Mr. Goodkat 5:59 PM - 16 August, 2017
plus, the original tooling and costs have to be added in to manufacturing in another factory over seas. maybe they start high and go low.

i cant think that the 2015 or any rotary mixer priced above 2500$ usd is gonna fly off shelves
lvmez 7:13 PM - 16 August, 2017
I checked for used MP2015's in my area and eBay there is not much out there. I think they are holding there value.
Rebelguy 7:14 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
I checked for used MP2015's in my area and eBay there is not much out there. I think they are holding there value.

The three I was watching the past few weeks have all ended in the $2500 range.
lvmez 7:47 PM - 16 August, 2017
Might be selling mine for much cheaper than that.
eugguy 8:00 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The three I was watching the past few weeks have all ended in the $2500 range.

Same here. I just missed an MP2014 with SL1 sold for 1300. Wish I had jumped on it.
eugguy 8:01 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Might be selling mine for much cheaper than that.

If you are around NYC/NJ I might be interested if a good price.
eugguy 8:02 PM - 16 August, 2017
They really should bring back the production of the MP 2014 too. Does anyone know why they are bringing back only the 2015?
lvmez 8:10 PM - 16 August, 2017
Yes, I am in NJ.
eugguy 8:18 PM - 16 August, 2017
So am I. Nice setup btw, I saw it on FB. What will you get to replace the 2015?
lvmez 8:24 PM - 16 August, 2017
Thinking about getting the 72 and one Twelve combined with the turntables. Making a new desk as well.
goldarn 9:11 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
They really should bring back the production of the MP 2014 too. Does anyone know why they are bringing back only the 2015?

My guess would be they used existing parts for the 2015, while the 2014 didn't have the proper parts. This is a total guess with only a vague memory of what we still had on the shelfs in regards to boards, chassis and parts.

Such a wonderful mixer. True craftsmanship with a sexy look and feel. It might be a long time before there is another (new) comparable rotary. I always wanted one, but never scooped it up, it's pricey..... but worth every penny.
jayneural 9:55 PM - 16 August, 2017
I have the MP2014, so happy with it, will probably keep it... forever ?
eugguy 10:33 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Thinking about getting the 72 and one Twelve combined with the turntables. Making a new desk as well.

nice. yeah, could see that as a nice way to go. a compact but highly functional home setup.
eugguy 10:34 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

My guess would be they used existing parts for the 2015, while the 2014 didn't have the proper parts. This is a total guess with only a vague memory of what we still had on the shelfs in regards to boards, chassis and parts.

Such a wonderful mixer. True craftsmanship with a sexy look and feel. It might be a long time before there is another (new) comparable rotary. I always wanted one, but never scooped it up, it's pricey..... but worth every penny.

I have and LOVE the 2015. Was so happy with it I never thought about picking up a 2014. The only other mixer I have my eye on is a Condesa Lucia, also a two channel rotary, but sexy as hell.
DJMIYAGI 11:01 PM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:

Well the 2015 came out first and then Rane released the 2014, so they might bring it back after they get the 2015s sorted out. Who knows?! :)
Rebelguy 12:23 AM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
I have the MP2014, so happy with it, will probably keep it... forever ?

It must be awesome. I don't see them pop up for sale often.
Taipanic 5:06 AM - 17 August, 2017
The MP 2015 is the best mixer I've owned and that includes Ureis, Bozak, MP24s, and a bunch of others. Still happy I made the purchase, which I usually never do for things that are more of a want than a need.
eugguy 7:11 PM - 17 August, 2017
Yeah, I'll agree. The 2015 gets alot of hate from the older rotary heads, but to be honest even after using the classic rotaries, I still think the 2015 sounds great and also has many more options to diversify your mix.
lvmez 7:28 PM - 17 August, 2017
They are a bit salty because they overpaid for there bozak and urei. I've used both and prefer the MP2015.

The MP2015 has a built in isolator unlike the Bozak and urei's. I the option to use DVS and vinyl at any given time.
Gio Alex 7:30 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
They are a bit salty because they overpaid for there bozak and urei. I've used both and prefer the MP2015.

The MP2015 has a built in isolator unlike the Bozak and urei's. I the option to use DVS and vinyl at any given time.

Did you build the booth in your avatar?
eugguy 8:28 PM - 17 August, 2017
I think he did. I think he also said he would build another one for a 72 and twelve if that happens. Would be cool to see. Craftiness right there.
Gio Alex 8:41 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
I think he did. I think he also said he would build another one for a 72 and twelve if that happens. Would be cool to see. Craftiness right there.

Nice! I need to build one myself. Used to be a cabinet maker back in the day, but I have no shop access these days.
Reticuli 6:13 PM - 18 August, 2018
"Isn't that the point of business? Lower your overhead to increase your profits."

That's just one potential strategy out of many many possible ways of running a successful and growing business. It's a sad state of affairs that some consider this to be the only way.