DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DJM-750MK2

Will08272 11:31 AM - 1 August, 2017
djworx.com

Quote:
1st August 2017: A new 4-channel mixer is joining our range: the DJM-750MK2. To practise mixing at home and step into the club booth with confidence, the DJM-750MK2 makes the ideal addition to your set-up. It inherits various features and design elements from the club-standard DJM-900NXS2 and partners perfectly with XDJ-1000MK2 multi players to create a professional-style set-up that you can hone your skills on.

You can perform seamless mixes on the DJM-750MK2 thanks to the smooth curves on the EQs and channel faders. The Magvel crossfader, inherited from the DJM-900NXS2, gives a precise response and assured feel during even the most complicated scratch techniques. As well as its build quality and feel, other popular elements that come from our flagship club mixer include four Sound Color FX with parameter control and selected Beat FX with FX Frequency, all allowing you to add creative flair to your performances. Warm, high-quality audio comes thanks to the DJM-750MK2’s 64-bit digital signal processor, which uses dithering technology, plus its 32-bit A/D converter and 32-bit D/A converter.

For the flexibility to connect different types of FX units and create the sounds you want, choose from AUX or Insert send/return. You can use software that supports Inter-App Audio on iOS devices and use apps such as effectors, synthesizers and samplers, and choose to combine them with the DJM-750MK2’s internal FX. Simple connection via a USB cable ensures high-quality sound.

Licences for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs worth a combined €248 are bundled with the DJM-750MK2, so you can control digital tracks stored on your computer via multiplayers, or via turntables when you use the dedicated control vinyl (available separately). The built-in sound card means you can connect the mixer to your PC/Mac with a single USB cable.

The DJM-750MK2 will be available from early September at an SRP of €1,199 including VAT.
Jimmyb 1:11 PM - 21 October, 2017
Can the 750 mk2 be used with serato dj or is it strictly for rekordbox
kells@JOY 12:50 PM - 28 December, 2017
Can we use serato with this mixer without having to use a SL1 box
Or is it time for me to leave serato behind ?
Thanks
Jimmyb 1:05 PM - 28 December, 2017
No the 750 mk2 don't support serato. Me personally I am stepping away from pioneer the stuff they are coming out with is over priced garbage if you want a more budget friendly mixer that has more connections the this one look into the rmx 90 dvs mixer by reloop the sound is incredibly better than pioneer
kells@JOY 10:21 PM - 28 December, 2017
I just bought it
Bye bye serato for me
DJ Guayo 11:51 PM - 28 December, 2017
I assume ur leaving the forums too.
DaSpondent 1:56 PM - 24 January, 2018
Why not just use this very capable mixer with a Rane or Denon DVS box? That way you’ll have the best of both worlds Serato and Rekordbox. A lot of people are going to buy this mixer and the DJM-750 mk2 and DJM-450 anyway for the relatively low price points for a Pioneer DJ product. I plan on getting one of them.
Jimmyb 2:09 PM - 24 January, 2018
I have to redact my previous post about pioneer products I just purchased this mixer and am completely blown away sound quality is on point using real vinyl and timecode with rekordbox it even shipped with rekordbox dj software license and dvs license. The only down side was it didn't ship with control vinyl and control disks for cdjs like traktor does but its not a deal breaker
DaSpondent 2:16 PM - 24 January, 2018
Quote:
I have to redact my previous post about pioneer products I just purchased this mixer and am completely blown away sound quality is on point using real vinyl and timecode with rekordbox it even shipped with rekordbox dj software license and dvs license. The only down side was it didn't ship with control vinyl and control disks for cdjs like traktor does but its not a deal breaker

That’s what’s up. Have you tried using it with a Serato DVS box yet?
Jimmyb 2:20 PM - 24 January, 2018
Yes I have a sl3 box and it works with this mixer but this thing comes alive when used with rekordbox dj software I caught myself using rekordbox more than serato lately
DaSpondent 4:11 PM - 24 January, 2018
Damn, you are tempting me indeed my friend. Might have to pull the trigger on this one. I’ve never been able to afford the luxury of sheer fanboy bias. Is there anything that Serato DJ offers that Rekordbox is lacking now, in your humble opinion?
Jimmyb 4:32 PM - 24 January, 2018
In my honest opinion I don't think so I believe that rekordbox has surpassed serato by light yrs they are paying close attention to the build of rekordbox dj it has a lot going for it I have both programs and to be honest I'm using. Rekorbox more than serato now I was skeptical about this mixer and the software at first but after speaking with pioneer and trying the mixer first hand I'm glad I made the decision to make the purchase
DaSpondent 5:28 PM - 24 January, 2018
Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the current state of Rekordbox. It appears Pioneer has been working very hard to compete with Serato. Very tempting indeed. Cheers!
Jimmyb 5:37 PM - 24 January, 2018
Rekordbox in my opinion has passed serato Already they now have video lyrics and lighting control through rekordbox and a few add on pieces from what I have been hearing pioneer is stepping away from serato and reloop picked up the contract with serato hence the rmx 90 dvs mixer by reloop I have been hearing pioneer is basically going to be a 1 stop shop from programs to hardware and if they would fix the problems with the plx 1000 they would be right on point in my opinion
DaSpondent 5:40 PM - 24 January, 2018
Well, I solved that problem by getting a pair of RP-7000s instead. 😉
Jimmyb 6:00 PM - 24 January, 2018
I heard about them a few weeks ago I thought about getting a set of them to go along with my 1200s. How good are they to play on with that digital pitch control they have in them I would like to have a go on them bit the local stores here don't have any demo units
DaSpondent 6:32 PM - 24 January, 2018
Keeping in mind that I’ve never been lucky enough to play out on a pair of the legendary Techs, the original RP-7000s are solid decks in my humble opinion. As a relative newb, teaching himself they were the perfect price point at $800 a pair and had all the bells and whistles of the best Hanpin Tech clones. Thought about getting the RP-8000s, but I wasn’t ready to commit to a software yet (even though I started out with the Traktor Kontrol S2). I chose the Akai AMX/AFX as my first DVS setup. But now that my skills are increasing I realize I would benefit greatly from a stand-alone mixer. Reloop now has an RP-7000 mk2 on the market that are supposed to be even more robust than the originals.
Jimmyb 7:14 PM - 24 January, 2018
Ive been djing for almost 20 yrs I have always used real vinyl up until about 2 yrs ago I used serato and took off from there then rekordbox dj came out in 2015 I started looking into that now I got thr djm 750mk2. 2 technics 1200 mk2 and 2 cdj nexus 2000 I don't really use the cdjs much turntables are my weapon of choice if you want to stick with a reloop setup they have the reloop rmx 90 dvs club mixer its 4 channels and its 200$ cheaper than the 750 mk2 check it out on you tube its a serato mixer
DaSpondent 7:21 PM - 24 January, 2018
Will do. Thanks for the tip.
Jimmyb 7:22 PM - 24 January, 2018
No problem man if you need anything let me know will try and help if I can
DaSpondent 7:23 PM - 24 January, 2018
Appreciate it, Jimmyb. Good looking out.
Jimmyb 7:25 PM - 24 January, 2018
No worries that's what were all here for bro
DaSpondent 1:33 AM - 19 April, 2018
Traktor Pro 2.11.3 Public Beta now supports entire range of Pioneer DJM mixers! What’s up Serato?
bit.ly
This seems to be one of the biggest updates that the software has seen in a while – keep reading for details, or go here in the NI forums to download the current version.

CDJ Improved Integration + DJM Scratch Certification
If you’ve used HID mode with the CDJ NXS2 series and Traktor, you’ve probably noticed that the waveform and integration simply hasn’t ben that tight. In fact, the NXS2 compatibility was completely absent from Traktor for 8 months following the lines release in 2016 – until 2.11 was launched.

With this 2.11.3 update, Native Instruments has taken on some big ticket items for CDJ users:

ADDED Colored waveforms on CDJ-2000nxs2
The CDJ-2000nxs2 now show local moving waveforms. The waveforms can be displayed in 4 different color schemes following the settings of the waveforms on the computer screen.
ADDED Colored stripes on CDJ-2000nxs2
The CDJ-2000nxs2 now also show colored overview stripes. Like the local waveforms, the stripes can be displayed in 4 different color schemes following the settings of the waveforms on the computer screen.
ADDED CDJ Display BeatJump Buttons
The on-screen touch buttons for triggering 2, 4, 8 beat jumps are now supported.
ADDED CDJ Display Phase Meter
The on-screen phase meters (both the continuous and the beat-wise representation) are now supported and allow for visual beat matching.
ADDED Scratch certification for DJM mixers
The following DJM mixers can now be used for DVS and automaticallyconfigures the input and output channels:
DJM-TOUR1
DJM-750
DJM-750 MK2
DJM-450
DJM-250 MK2
ADDED CDJ-TOUR1 HID integration
The Pioneer CDJ-TOUR1 Player is now fully supported as HID control interface in the same manner as the CDJ-2000nxs2.
Jimmyb 1:40 AM - 19 April, 2018
This update for traktor does this mean we can use the 750mk2 with traktor without the use of an external soundcard
DaSpondent 1:53 AM - 19 April, 2018
It’s a Beta version, but yeah. That’s what it reads to me.
Jimmyb 1:56 AM - 19 April, 2018
Where can I download the beta version at?
DaSpondent 1:58 AM - 19 April, 2018
See previous post for bit.ly link before it gets removed.
DaSpondent 2:05 AM - 19 April, 2018
Jimmyb 2:07 AM - 19 April, 2018
Yea I found it I didn't see it the first time thanks
DaSpondent 2:08 AM - 19 April, 2018
No problem, bro. A wise man once told me “that’s what we’re all here for.” 😉
DJ JulioYEG 7:51 PM - 11 September, 2018
get the 850 you can find a nice used one for about the same price an then you got access to all softwares in hid mode
DJ JulioYEG 7:52 PM - 11 September, 2018
also have you seen the mixars quattro its a beauty for club/ tt setups