Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

IQ15 Turbosound speaker recommended setting for the limiter

Emad The Twister 4:06 PM - 31 July, 2017
I just purchased an IQ15 Turbosound speaker and wanted to find out the recommended setting for the limiter so I won't blow the speaker. I tried to find the information on the internet but only found a video by the manufacturer showing how to set the limiter but nothing about what the best setting would be.
DjSyndic8 4:49 PM - 1 August, 2017
Quote:
I just purchased an IQ15 Turbosound speaker and wanted to find out the recommended setting for the limiter so I won't blow the speaker. I tried to find the information on the internet but only found a video by the manufacturer showing how to set the limiter but nothing about what the best setting would be.

don't worry I don't think it will blow I think they are rated at 2500watts rms I have the recent behringer and its the same company and I have my limiter dials at 11oclock
Dj cuervo 8:05 PM - 1 August, 2017
I have a pair of them. I set the limiter to -2. I have two Turbsound sub so I set the crossover to only mids to highs to the speakers. I selected the option for 18"sub. I set them at 12 o clock.
Emad The Twister 10:00 PM - 1 August, 2017
Thank you everyone for responding.

Hi Dj Cuevo,

I don't have any subs so I'm planning on using it with the bass turn all the way up on my Newmark NVII. Will it be safe for the speaker if I adjust the limiter to -2?

Thanks.

Truly,
Emad
Dj cuervo 7:25 PM - 2 August, 2017
-2 should be fine at 12 o' clock