DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Fix 1.5 before releasing 1.6?!

George Tunee 2:08 AM - 12 June, 2006
I don't want to offend,but 1.5 is in no way stable on my powerbook 1,5Ghz due to bad mp3 readings..
it sucks so much it makes my precious brain hurt :(
it even crashes when i just search for the bad mp3s in the searchbar..
of course i could check all mp3s and just dismiss the bad ones,but that's obviously not the way it should work out..

1.4 runs like a charm,but i really can't take the risk to use 1.5 in the club..

So:
If 1.5 is not that important to you serato-dawgs and you try to fix everything in 1.6 everythings fine,but if you consider 1.5 as ready and stable and perfect and the best release and stuff
and just stumble to the next (maybe even less stable) release to make it look nice with the new mixer or whatever you are making a big big mistake i'd say!!

greetings from germany though ;)
mexicannnnnn 2:18 AM - 12 June, 2006
Get 1.6Beta2 and build all your overviews. It's much more stable then 1.5 Final.
Julls 2:23 AM - 12 June, 2006
Or just go back to 1.4 and wait a few more months till all this is sorted out. Thats what I did.
DJ Nevoc 4:11 AM - 12 June, 2006
I had alot of problems with 1.5 so I didnt use it. I have since tried and tested 1.6 in the club without problems!
George Tunee 12:07 PM - 12 June, 2006
yeehaw thanks than,i feared 1.6 could become the next desaster,but this sounds good
nobspangle 9:15 PM - 12 June, 2006
1.5 is perfectly stable, providing you aren't using a mac with a FAT32 harddrive.
If you are using a FAT32 drive with a mac, check out 1.6.1 which fixes this issue.
George Tunee 11:42 PM - 12 June, 2006
I use a mac without a fat32 harddrive and it's perfectly unstable :) it's the bad mp3s that fucks ssl up..i'll check out the new release asap,but 1.4 works good and will untill i'm sure i don't make a fool of myself in the club..but really thanks for your answers!
DJ Unique 6:46 AM - 13 June, 2006
I used 1.6.1 at a wedding this weekend and did not have any problems. I did not build overviews prior to the gig and still no drop-outs. I only played files that I encoded at 320 kbps.

Used Toshiba laptop with external Firewire HDD, Denon X1500 & S5000's.