Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon MCX8000 right display not working with Serato

cnvs 12:04 PM - 29 July, 2017
When connecting my MCX8000 to serato on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011, OS X Sierra, 8 GB RAM, 2,2 GHz i7) the left display will show all the details, track information and wave while the right Display only shows the ,,Denon DJ MCX8000“ logo. The right deck can be controlled nevertheless.
What can I do to fix this?
DJ Tecniq 6:07 PM - 29 July, 2017
Make sure you have the latest firmware or drivers for your product www.denondj.com
cnvs 6:38 PM - 29 July, 2017
I have all the latest updates installed
DJ Tecniq 6:05 AM - 30 July, 2017
Quote:
I have all the latest updates installed
No idea man def contact support also a 2011 machine running Sierra isn't a good idea. Running new software with old computers is never good I'm sure that 2011 is struggling with CPU. There have been a lot of connection issues with Sierra as well. I'm still on Yosemite with my 2014 no problems here. Good luck man
DJ Tecniq 6:06 AM - 30 July, 2017
Sierra is the latest OS X and what I've seen it's def not light on CPU.
DJ_Dad 1:15 AM - 31 July, 2017
An i7 (even 2011) is more than enough for that OS.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:55 AM - 31 July, 2017
does the display work in standalone use?
cnvs 9:04 PM - 1 August, 2017
Quote:
does the display work in standalone use?

yes it does
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 9:10 PM - 1 August, 2017
Is it possible for you to test the MCX8000 with another computer to see if the problem persists? This would help us to figure out where the issue is coming from.
cnvs 11:11 PM - 1 August, 2017
Quote:
Is it possible for you to test the MCX8000 with another computer to see if the problem persists? This would help us to figure out where the issue is coming from.

Yes, I just did this with two other macs, one was new set up (all new OS without any personal settings). But the right display still doesn‘t work...
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 11:16 PM - 1 August, 2017
It sounds as though it could be a hardware issue in that case.

Firstly I would suggest ensuring that you have run through all the steps in this guide - www.denondj.com

If you are still having the issue after this I would recommend getting in touch with Denon DJ. You can contact them here - www.denondj.com

Cheers.
cnvs 6:07 AM - 2 August, 2017
Quote:
It sounds as though it could be a hardware issue in that case.

Firstly I would suggest ensuring that you have run through all the steps in this guide - www.denondj.com

If you are still having the issue after this I would recommend getting in touch with Denon DJ. You can contact them here - www.denondj.com

Cheers.

Hm okay.. I‘ll try that. Thank you
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:16 AM - 2 August, 2017
try a different USB cable a different port

make sure you are not using a USB hub

if you have a USB stick connected to the extra hub on the 8000, remove it

reduce the brightness of the 8000 to 90% or less in the settings on the hardware

Update the firmware to the latest

play around with the hardware settings latency ie the one on the device not Serato

factory reset as a last resort

I use the same device regularly and initially had random issues such as that sake right screen freezing, transport controls not working so I did the following

1. factory reset (I was already on latest firmware)

2. I removed innofader and reinstalled the stock fader

3. I reduced screen brightness to 90%

and it's been working like a champ ever since.

I still get occasional weirdness especially if I'm doing cpu intensive stuff like running Serato + Mixvibes video + Syphon + Mixemergency

Good luck
cnvs 7:35 AM - 11 August, 2017
According to the Denon Dj and the Serato support I will have to send it in.
Thanks for your ideas.
DJ Tecniq 8:57 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for your ideas.
How old is the unit and where did you purchase? I would have the send you a brand new controller if it is indeed defective.
DJ Tecniq 8:57 AM - 11 August, 2017
Have them*
cnvs 9:00 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your ideas.
How old is the unit and where did you purchase? I would have the send you a brand new controller if it is indeed defective.

Ca. one year old. Bought on eBay but the reseller will pay the bill so ecerything is fine
DJ Tecniq 11:46 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your ideas.

Ca. one year old. Bought on eBay but the reseller will pay the bill so ecerything is fine
Damn never buy off eBay always use an authorized dealer of Denon products they will always repair or replace it for you esp if it was bought from an authorized dealer of Denon. Was it pre used or new?
DJ Tecniq 11:48 AM - 11 August, 2017
Submit a support request to Denon or call
www.denondj.com
acemc 1:25 AM - 14 August, 2017
I can tell you that many 8000 users have had this issue. Demon are full of crap & just try sweep it under the rug! Try reducing the 8000 display brightness to 90% and put the jog leds to single in the 8000's utility settings. My unit was doing the exact same thing. This has worked for my display issues.
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 4:52 PM - 3 May, 2018
I have a big problem with my MCX8000 , everithing work great but all two displays only show logo Denon DJ ..... not work help me please
edwinaltamiranodj@yahoo.com
acemc 7:46 PM - 3 May, 2018
Edwin, try putting the unit into "Vegas Mode" by holding the left vinyl button while powering the unit on. If the displays work (it should have some features of the unit scrolling across the screens), switch the unit off, then turn it back on normally. If the displays now work, the 1st thing to do is go into the settings & turn down the display brightness to reduce the chances of that happening again. If it doesn't work...... COntinuos power cycling "might" bring it back to life. Other than that, I have no other ideas. This happened to me once, 2 days later the displays suddenly started working again!!