Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Need 411

DeeJay Fingers 3:20 AM - 29 July, 2017
So I joined Xtendamix cause I want to start video mixing, been djing since early 90s, now for you guys already been in this part of the game, do you guys recode the videos when you DL them from whatever pools you get your videos from, if so what program and settings do you have it set to...cause I looked into handbrake and got Serato's recommend setting, but they have it set to a very low bitrate setting and use H.264 ...and the videos I have DL from Xtendamix are AVC @ 320...thanks for the help

and for those who want to know the setup I have is DDJ-SZ2 (it came with a code for Serato DJ) I know some people are going to say go get ME but I want to try this out first maybe ill have better luck then others with it ...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
macOS 10.12.6
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:28 AM - 29 July, 2017
No I don't recode the videos from Xtendamix. They go straight into Serato and works fine. I also used the videos in other programs eg Rekordbox.

Welcome to the world of video djing.
DeeJay Fingers 4:43 PM - 29 July, 2017
ok thanks for info
DJ Tecniq 1:04 AM - 31 July, 2017
The videos from xtendamix are already encoded correctly that's mainly what a professional video pool does. They do all the work for you.
popnwave 3:36 PM - 31 July, 2017