Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ Intro 1.2.9 - Support for Numark DJ2GO2

8:29 PM, 21 Aug 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
greggotron 5:50 PM - 24 August, 2017
Pretty cool device. Looks to be good for setting up sets or an emergency device. One question about Serato DJ though. If I have a Serato DJ license from another device, like a Rane mixer, and I try to use the DJ2GO2, can I use Serato DJ or Searato DJ Intro?
Not sure I want to drop the extra coin on a license for the DJ2GO2 if I already have a license for another device.
DJ 312 8:55 AM - 5 September, 2017
Very good question, I just ordered the DJ2GO2 for the heck of it.
I do own a Numark NS7iii with a Serato DJ license and it would be great not to fuss around with DJ Intro.
In the video you are talking about it as a "great back up devise" so will it be plug and play or do I have to open DJ Intro?
DJ Xará (Alex) 12:36 PM - 5 September, 2017
Caramba eu to com problemas no meu serato dj ele Fica desligando e parando de tocar o lado direito da controladora que eu faço
Cwite 2:00 PM - 30 September, 2017
I'm interested in a response to this question too. My interest in the Dj2go2 is purely as an on the go device to prep ahead for my SZ so I would want to have access to full Serato, not just Intro.
Just the ability to prep mixes, load sample banks etc en route to a gig is a massive plus.
BUT, will my copy of Serato automatically know that I have the license from the SZ when I'm only using the DJ2go2?
DJ 312 12:39 AM - 2 October, 2017
So...this is what Serato answered to me and I really enjoy that little puppy DJ2GO2:
Thanks for getting in touch. We have two types of hardware, 'Serato DJ Enabled' products and 'Serato DJ Upgrade Ready'.
Your NS7 is 'Serato DJ Enabled' and comes with the free unlicensed version of the DJ software, this will work with all 'Serato DJ Enabled' products without the need for a purchase. This means for example if one of these products is set up in a club that anyone can download the software and use it with this unit for free.
The DJ2go2 is 'Upgrade Ready' and requires a license to be purchased for the DJ software in order to be able to use it with this. It will also work with the Serato Intro software without the need of a purchase. Although Intro has fewer features than DJ it is still a good software on its own and it uses the same library as DJ (and Scratch Live), this means all your crates, BPMs, cue points etc will be the same
Brad DeMeyer
Serato Sales
Ronsupreme 6:35 PM - 30 October, 2017
Any answers to this question I also own a NS7iii & bought this numark DJ2go can it work without spending bread on a intro. Been a Serato customer from the get go with scratch live. We should be good for this.
Ronsupreme 6:42 PM - 30 October, 2017
Ok so basically I have to buy a Serato Software for this to work Serato DJ, But it will work with the Intro free is what they are saying? Ok then if that's the case I wonder what more features your'e gonna get with Serato DJ Than Intro, Is it worth buying a software. It's just a little back up controller.
DJNando 3:45 PM - 1 November, 2017
I installed DJ Intro on my Surface Pro and it detects the DJ2GO2 controller, but immediately loses the connection and it drops off.

The Surface Pro already has Serato DJ licensed for my DDJSX2 and that still works fine. I'm guessing that the USB Driver for DJ Intro is experiencing some conflict because of Serato DJ being installed?

Is anyone else having this problem?
DJ AMORE 9:00 PM - 18 November, 2017
Tried connecting numark dj 2 go, already have serato dj license from my ddj sr and s9, and now tried to connect and its telling me if I want to try dj serato suite, I'm confused thought this would just open up automatically if I already have a serato dj license. Please let me know what to do asap< thx
Cwite 7:27 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
Tried connecting numark dj 2 go, already have serato dj license from my ddj sr and s9, and now tried to connect and its telling me if I want to try dj serato suite, I'm confused thought this would just open up automatically if I already have a serato dj license. Please let me know what to do asap< thx

I have looked in to this too. I have an SZ so I have the same issue. Your SR and S9 are "Serato DJ Enabled". Which basically means you get a licence with each piece of hardware that unlocks Serato DJ when you plug them in. But you don't own an independent Serato DJ license which would let you use anything. This you would need to purchase separately.

This sucks, you have purchased one of the most expensive pieces of kit they produce, but you can't play a budget controller without paying something else again.