Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS7 IV

DeeJay Galaga 7:01 PM - 24 July, 2017
Any rumors out there to replace my NS7 2?
DjSyndic8 10:35 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Any rumors out there to replace my NS7 2?

probably .... but Numark wont announce it until Namm thats just how it is they don't want to release any early features
DjSyndic8 10:36 PM - 24 July, 2017
there is the Numark NS3 with the added screens at the back
DeeJay Galaga 11:48 PM - 24 July, 2017
Thanks - I knew about the 3 but really it's a slight improvement from the 2. Curious when the 4 comes out. I am a big fan of the motorized turntables.
DjSyndic8 11:51 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Thanks - I knew about the 3 but really it's a slight improvement from the 2. Curious when the 4 comes out. I am a big fan of the motorized turntables.

I used to have the original and I loved it the only thing is its too bulky and heavy to cart around for mobile gigs, I settled for the ddjsx2 and the ddjsb2 for the portability of clubs and mobile gigs the downside to having the ddjsb2 is the sound quality is crap but it can fit in all the small dj booths in most clubs, the ddjsx2 has way better sound quality and it was cheaper then the ns7 2
DeeJay Galaga 12:25 AM - 25 July, 2017
Not really wanting to make this a Pioneer vs Numark conversation but interesting non the less. I find the surface on the Pioneers to not have a smooth slip like the Ns7. I will say bro - the Numarks do weigh. Particularly after a gig on a tear down. Brutal.
Despo 12:40 AM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
. I will say bro - the Numarks do weigh. Particularly after a gig on a tear down. Brutal.

A lot less brutal than 2 1210s and a mixer, while providing the same feel. Honestly i carry my NS7ii in a backpack on my back, and it's okay really.

I recently sold my sx2 for the ns7 and I'm really happy. First controller that let's me do all my cuts, juggles, toneplays and whatever I can think of doing on two proper turntables.

I hated the jog LED on the sx2, if you notice the LED ring lags behind the actual music. This even happens on the SZ and CDJs in HID mode, but it's not as bad on CDJs.
DjSyndic8 12:47 AM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
Not really wanting to make this a Pioneer vs Numark conversation

I agree you gotta get the right controller for what you need it to do if your a scratch dj NS7 is perfect moving platters low latency its perfect, but ddjsx2 is perfect for me in my case if I get the NS7 2 it will just be for fancy looks cause Im not a scratch dj just straight mix DJ
DJ Tecniq 4:58 AM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
the downside to having the ddjsb2 is the sound quality is crap
I have the SB2 as well I didn't think the sound quality is that bad though I use RCA to 1/4 cables sounds decent on the clubs soundboard and my krks at home. The only complaint is the mic level gives off a lot of static even on low levels.
M.adaM 7:16 PM - 27 July, 2017
I have the NS7 2, but if there is any major update comes with the mk4, I will jump into that boat.
The additional super-small telephone-size "screens" on the mk3 did not turned me on, specially it can NOT give a 4 deck stacked view..... than what is the point of it?

Sometimes my unit looses all the connection with the dj-ing PC that never connects to net,
(HP Envy m7, i7 4710HQ, 16GB, 480 GB ssd, connected on the USB 2 slot via djtechtools usb cable, Win 10 enterprise LTSB) and I have to reset the NS7.... pretty strange.

If they iron it out, I buy the mk4 on the first day I sold my NS7II.
DeeJay Galaga 3:08 PM - 16 January, 2018
Well here we go. Its getting close to NAMM time. Anyone hear of any Numark Rumors? I have theories - The NS6 2 was released earlier this year. If memory serves me right, I think the NS6 is the model that the NS7 has been folllowing the last few years. Pioneer just launced yet another controller - and The Rane 12 looks amazing. Will Numark step up its game with a new Premium Vinyl/Controller to the market to replace its NS7 III? Lets face it, the NS7 III was not a new controller vs. the NS7 II. It was merely a slight cosmetic adjustment. Here is to a new generation controller with embedded screens, lighter weight, multi usb in, and its Vinyl component!!
M.adaM 4:28 PM - 16 January, 2018
If they got some sense of what users needs, they make a new variant of this, something like NS10 or NS12, oooooor....

..... A second gen V7 (probably V10 or V12)

Either way they choose it should be with an optional tone-arm (preferably the same interchangeable version was used on the TTX) and make it with an upgradable, dual screen, powerful, Intel based AiO stuff.
If they follow what they stared with the new Denon units, they might say goodbye to Serato too.

Whatever they cooking hopefully the screen will be a BIG one... at least not a phone-sized whatnot!
M.adaM 4:38 PM - 16 January, 2018
Also motorized pitch-fader would be a nice thing (like Stanton SCS.1d.... it was waaaay ahead of it's time, I'm missing that feature a lot)
Would like to see a 33/45 switch just like on any real TT out there.
Comes REALLY handy on some juggling routines (but if they add, they should add some more buttons... like 39 and 52... so have no gap between the speeds when using the +-8% range)
John Calipari 7:03 PM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
If they got some sense of what users needs, they make a new variant of this, something like NS10 or NS12, oooooor....

..... A second gen V7 (probably V10 or V12)

Wouldn't InMusic be competing with their own newly released Rane Twelve?
M.adaM 9:40 PM - 16 January, 2018
Well it is better to give buyers 2 option than 1 only.

There are many things like that in the world....
Same company, same stuff, different packaging, different branding.
It is called capitalism (Like the super OEM turntables... the same machine made all the TT's except the 1200's and the Vestax stuff)
lawrence567 3:55 PM - 19 January, 2018
They've got to replace the NS7 3 haven't they?

I've got an NS7 2 & it's seen better days, i was going to upgrade to a 3 but it seems kinda pointless when it's barely any different, i don't really care for the mini screens as i've got a laptop for that.

Ideally i'd like a pair of Rane 12's & their new mixer, but it's just way too much money.

If Numark don't announce something at NAMM i'm probably just guna buy a DJMS9 & use it with my Reloop RP8000's instead of the NS7!
DJ Tecniq 4:33 PM - 19 January, 2018
You can use the display with the NS7ii anyway🤷🏼‍♂️ www.numark.com
M.adaM 4:38 PM - 19 January, 2018
The original concept wit 8-10 inch screens was looking good and hot!

But the final versions with cramped 5 inch displays looks like a toy for wannabe dj's!

Would never buy those screens.
NEVER!
John Calipari 12:27 AM - 20 January, 2018
Quote:
The original concept wit 8-10 inch screens was looking good and hot!

But the final versions with cramped 5 inch displays looks like a toy for wannabe dj's!

Would never buy those screens.
NEVER!

I have the III. Though I use a MBP above the screens, the screens could be used with the Laptop closed if one wanted a pure performance look to a set in an open booth.. It is a direct drive platter controller after all. It's just so damn annoying scrolling and navigating with the Dial & Load buttons.
M.adaM 4:53 AM - 20 January, 2018
They couldn't max out those **** screens on that small stuff. It might be goo if the 3 screen does not have bezels , but those bezels.... man, it is the 21th century.
Anyway, the original idea was the stuff I wanted to buy, this ISN'T!
i.pinimg.com
DeeJay Galaga 1:05 PM - 10 May, 2018
Its hard not to think that the release of the Rane 12 and 72 had a material impact on the introduction of the next generation NS7 IV. Since they are all now basically owned by inMusic. Any news on an NS7 III Successor?????????????
THEE_Dj 2:23 PM - 10 May, 2018
I haven't heard anything which is MILDLY disappointing. I was really hoping for a V7 update. Ended up going with the NS7iii. I considered the 2 thinking "I can get the 2 for less" but really, I only paid 900 for the 3 (it was "scratch and dent" meaning ONE of the platters had a scratch on it lol) and the 2 would still set my back about 700 and I couldn't justify not paying the additional 200 for the 3.

If I had the 2 I'd probably be in your shoes too. I will say that I've heard the audio from the 2 vs the 3 and there is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the 2 if you're paying attention(which as DJs we usually are). May not be noticeable to the crowd who doesn't care about the difference in 128k audio vs 192 or 256 but for us it is audible. If you use a Mac then the fact you don't need additional drivers is probably nice too. But really....the 3 (in my opinion) is like the "4s" of the ns7 world. It's what the 2 should have been when it was released lol.

Random question since we're talking about the NS7...do you cut/scratch very much?
DeeJay Galaga 2:26 PM - 10 May, 2018
I do consider myself a Blender with Scratch as a secondary approach to DJing. But I learned on Tech 12s and I depend on the ability to scratch in certain scenarios, I find it difficult to scratch on CDJs, or non motorized platforms. Interesting on the new Sound Card for the NS7 III, thats actually news to me.

Thanks THEE_Dj!
THEE_Dj 2:30 PM - 10 May, 2018
So, question for you, I've noticed that when I REALLY get going on cutting, that sometimes the audio - although the fader is closed for a particular side - comes through as if the fader isn't closed at all. If I move the fader in the slightest it'll cut the sound. You ever experience that issue? Fortunately I just got mine in February so it's DEFINITELY still under warranty, I'm just hoping maybe it's a software glitch/issue and not an issue that will require me to MAIL my NS7 off to get fixed.
DeeJay Galaga 2:39 PM - 10 May, 2018
Additionally, I did look at the the Rane 12 and the 72. I love it. But for a mobile DJ set up, its just impractical. First lets start of with pricing, the 2 12s and mixers will set you back $3500. Ok, I'm ok with the investment but that doesn't account for cases. Say each case is 175 bucks. Thats 500 bucks in cases. You are up to $4000. You Will need a table as well. I just use an X Stand for my NS7 II. Plus, you have to wire all of the components at every gig. Each Turntable 2 X, 3 X Power, + XLR. 7 Cables vs. 3 Cables with Power and XLR. Seems trivial 3 vs. 7 - but I am looking at possible multiple failure points for a Mobile on the Rane 12 rig. What I like about the Rane 12? 3 Cases would be lighter to carry than one large NS7 II Case. But still the set up just increased by 15 minutes and introducing more points of failure. Before you ask, yes I am in Engineer by trade. Hopefully I am not overthinking this. LOL.
THEE_Dj 4:09 PM - 10 May, 2018
Quote:
Additionally, I did look at the the Rane 12 and the 72. I love it. But for a mobile DJ set up, its just impractical. First lets start of with pricing, the 2 12s and mixers will set you back $3500. Ok, I'm ok with the investment but that doesn't account for cases. Say each case is 175 bucks. Thats 500 bucks in cases. You are up to $4000. You Will need a table as well. I just use an X Stand for my NS7 II. Plus, you have to wire all of the components at every gig. Each Turntable 2 X, 3 X Power, + XLR. 7 Cables vs. 3 Cables with Power and XLR. Seems trivial 3 vs. 7 - but I am looking at possible multiple failure points for a Mobile on the Rane 12 rig. What I like about the Rane 12? 3 Cases would be lighter to carry than one large NS7 II Case. But still the set up just increased by 15 minutes and introducing more points of failure. Before you ask, yes I am in Engineer by trade. Hopefully I am not overthinking this. LOL.

Don't get my started on the Rane 12's/72. The price of $3500 for 2 controllers plus a mixer isn't TERRIBLE. You can't even get 2 CDJ-2000's for that price. But here's the kicker for me. There's ZERO audio out on the 12's. There's no other audio input options(like CD's or a USB flash drive" It's literally a CONTROLLER. Its not even a 1200 in digital form. Why....because 1200's have RCA out. The Cost of $1600 for 2 12's vs the feature set of the 12's isn't a realistic cost for me. Maybe if these were $500 a piece I could see it being more reasonable. Because then I could still pay $1000 for these puppies, plus spen another (we'll say $1000) on a serato enabled mixer and be golden at $2k.
HellNegative1 4:40 PM - 10 May, 2018
I would be happier to see a 4 channel capable version of the V7. The Rane 12's are simply way overpriced for what they are.
Mutis Mayfield 9:41 PM - 10 May, 2018
DeeJay Galaga 8:28 PM - 11 May, 2018
Mutis - I think that was the mock-up for the Ns7 iii.
Mutis Mayfield 12:25 PM - 12 May, 2018
Quote:
Mutis - I think that was the mock-up for the Ns7 iii.

Nop. It was a mockup for standalone windows 8 embed NS7mk? aka mk3+...

The bad news are how the history gone... win8 dead, win 10 IoT/embed had a fee license only for brands but also have delay after delay so MpcX/live was developed with Linux-compatible board which needs “porting” for certain things like vst...

www.mpc-tutor.com

www.mpc-tutor.com

So “over the table” it seems possible and maybe probable next future but Pioneer had done it before without motorized platters and also the Tour line with embedded rekordbox.

www.pioneerdj.com

www.pioneerdj.com

IDK if any of these has DVS control to allow turntable control but it’s more a marketing decision than physical limitation.

The question is not about “how possible is an standalone Ns7?”, it’s more “When inMusic will release an standalone Dashboard with integrated audiomidi interface to update all and give some true competition to Tour/xdj line?”

The problem should be in that “win/linux” approach meanwhile Pioneer has lots of resources and experience in standalone/embed solutions. That and also “which DVS software fit?” since inMusic has lots of own brands everyone with its own solutions but still relies in the only one it doesn’t owns: Serato.

New Rane mixer points towards all this possibility just waiting for the proper embed solution to become computerless but I strong believe they need a proper partnership due inMusic itself lacks in that “rock solid” technology in any of their brands (the nearest could be denon but it still can’t compete with Pioneer)

Should inMusic buy Serato? Can SDJ run on that kind of embed linux platform? When will arrive the proper one? Win10 Iot based?
Ragman 4:33 PM - 12 May, 2018
The one company under it's umbrella InMusic lacks is a top tiered DJ software company. It's kinda interesting they haven't' made a bid on one. At least on the surface. Who knows whats going on behind the scenes.
DeeJay Galaga 8:31 PM - 18 September, 2018
Finally after all the messaging ..... we have some potential news:

ibb.co
DJMIYAGI 8:47 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:

ibb.co

Numark said something similar on their Youtube page about the V7s and then the Denon SC5000M dropped. I wish we would get an NS7IV and V7II with standalone player capability like the Denon Prime players
DeeJay Galaga 8:59 PM - 18 September, 2018
Where could Numark announce there new Devices?
DeeJay Galaga 9:00 PM - 18 September, 2018
*their
DJMIYAGI 9:10 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
Where could Numark announce there new Devices?

Probably not til Winter NAMM in Jan
DeeJay Galaga 9:10 PM - 18 September, 2018
The question is - could it be true that Numark is going to Cater to non professionals, and Denon to the Pros.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:51 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

ibb.co

Numark said something similar on their Youtube page about the V7s and then the Denon SC5000M dropped. I wish we would get an NS7IV and V7II with standalone player capability like the Denon Prime players

Just curious about the need for V7// with standalone functionality. How will it be any different to the SC5000M?
DJMIYAGI 7:02 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Just curious about the need for V7// with standalone functionality. How will it be any different to the SC5000M?

The SC5000M is great but Numark could release a similar product with a lower price tag. Think of the CDJ-2000NXS2 and the XDJ-1000MK2. Very similar as far as overall functionality but the XDJs have less features and they cost half the price of the 2000s. I NEVER use CDs anymore so, IMO, you don't need that in a V7II. I also don't see myself ever using all 3 USB inputs or the SD slot on the Prime players. Basically an upgraded V7 with screens, pads, and one USB input for standalone playback would do the trick for me and it would be more affordable than spending $4,000 for a pair of SC5000Ms.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:14 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The SC5000M is great but Numark could release a similar product with a lower price tag. Think of the CDJ-2000NXS2 and the XDJ-1000MK2. Very similar as far as overall functionality but the XDJs have less features and they cost half the price of the 2000s. I NEVER use CDs anymore so, IMO, you don't need that in a V7II. I also don't see myself ever using all 3 USB inputs or the SD slot on the Prime players. Basically an upgraded V7 with screens, pads, and one USB input for standalone playback would do the trick for me and it would be more affordable than spending $4,000 for a pair of SC5000Ms.

Price wise where do you reckon the savings will be? The 5000 doesn’t have CD players to remove. If they reduce the number of USB ports to 2 doubt that will be enough to save more than 200 dollars tops
Seeing that it’s still in music I reckon they will want it to be used with Engine Prime so technically it will have the same cpu as the prime
DJMIYAGI 7:21 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
The 5000 doesn’t have CD players to remove.

My mistake. I thought they did. Seems like the SC5000 would at least have a CD slot to justify a price tag of almost $2,000/ea
HellNegative1 7:34 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

My mistake. I thought they did. Seems like the SC5000 would at least have a CD slot to justify a price tag of almost $2,000/ea

With dual layer, the $1,900 price tag is still $500 less than doing the same with two pioneer players that have less features.... by a long shot.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:01 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Just gave it another thought

The sc5000m is plastic constructed (there is nothing wrong with that) so they cant save money on that either

Lower resolution non touch screen may be an area to cut a few quid.

A cpu with less power, restricted file support perhaps just what the MCX8000 can support.

No dual layer for standalone play

basic performance pad

You are right a V7// may come cheaper, but i'd say you'd loose a fair bit.

Give the SC5000M a few months and the price will drop, the OG 5000 is 1380 euros now and it launched at 1800 i believe.
DJMIYAGI 11:29 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
You are right a V7// may come cheaper, but i'd say you'd loose a fair bit.

Oh yeah of course. Doesn't have to be exactly like the SC5000M. More of a mid range player in between the Rane 12 and SC5000M as far as features and functionality. At the end of the day, just wishful thinking.
Mutis Mayfield 8:11 PM - 20 September, 2018
Then go for the sldz modded...
NyDjSuccess 3:12 AM - 2 January, 2019
Can we just get multiple laptop support, at least 2 or 3 USB ports? The lack of this is the only reason I'm considering a pioneer. I love the feel of my NS7.
DJ Merci 2:45 PM - 14 February, 2019
Perhaps with the new president assigned at InMusic , he and his new team might have a plan this spring to come up with something that we are hoping on :) Numark NS7 IV or 10 inch platters. Very possible since as Namm 2019 had nothing that I was interested in except my wife really likes the prime 4. If that had motorized platters. Holy %%^T
HellNegative1 6:59 PM - 14 February, 2019
I would love to see a version of the Rane 12 with 7" or 10" platters. I would love to have a deck I can throw in my backpack with mixer, laptop, and two outfits.
DJMIYAGI 7:39 PM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Perhaps with the new president assigned at InMusic , he and his new team might have a plan this spring to come up with something that we are hoping on :) Numark NS7 IV or 10 inch platters. Very possible since as Namm 2019 had nothing that I was interested in except my wife really likes the prime 4. If that had motorized platters. Holy %%^T

Quote:
I would love to see a version of the Rane 12 with 7" or 10" platters. I would love to have a deck I can throw in my backpack with mixer, laptop, and two outfits.

A V7 MKII would be hella nice. I know the SC5000M is out there but a midi only controller would be a more affordable option
John Calipari 1:23 PM - 15 February, 2019
Numark maybe broke even with the NS7, but lost huge on both the II and III. Maybe they'll follow it up, but probably not in any big hurry.

InMusic Brands has too many active Sku's competing and overlapping each other at the moment. Reminds me of Apple in the Mid 90's
deejdave 3:29 PM - 15 February, 2019
Let's get one thing out of the way. While everyone thinks they want spinning platters and they will even get vocal saying they will buy the second it comes out iI have my doubts. As mentioned above the NS7II and NS7III bombed and I 100% believe it has to do with the spinning platters. The other side of the crowd says they need to release an updated Denon player so they do......... nobody buys it. Then everyone says "well if it had spinning platters I would jump right on it"............. nobody buys it. Next Denon decides to put them on sale non motorized version (costing LESS THAN THE DDJ-SX3!!!) temporarily ........... nobody buys either one. Now Denon has seemingly made the price permanent and still nobody is buying them.

I can't begin to know why this is for sure but this just screams that people just don't want it. While it SEEMS glamorous and such controllers are first and foremost supposed to be portable. The spinning platters directly affect this advantage in a negative way. Truth be told if someone want the traditional and familiar feel of vinyl they will go with............. VINYL. All else would be a compromise. Furthermore I understand it comes with the territory that the spinning platters will attract more experienced and veteran DJ's and whether we want to admit it or not this is the crowd that will generally not want to spend cash. They are used to buying a pair of 1200's and an SL box and it lasts 10-15 years and dropping 3X that amount on players or even worse a controller is blasphemy.

I don't know for sure and am just using my resources to make the best educated guess but this seems to be the writing on the wall. Point being I just don't know how much longer this niche concept can last and if we want these companies to stick around we should as a whole be more realistic with what we want VS what we will buy. Not for nothing THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^ is a perfect example of why companies don't always directly listen to their customers. I can think of companies that released products that listened to their customers releasing rock solid gear ........... Vestax, Rane (pre InMusic), Technics........ didn't work out too well for them did it? LOL

BTW Don't read into too much of what I said I am more or less just getting some thought out in writing :)
Comrade Tulayev 3:38 PM - 15 February, 2019
Spinning platters are ridiculous
deejdave 3:48 PM - 15 February, 2019
For the most part I 100% agree. While the concept is not all that horrible it is the way it has been produced currently that is not helping its cause. IMO if anything it will be N.I.'s rendition (via Knotrol S4) is more fitting to a modern DJ's wants/needs. Then again from what I'm hearing it's not selling either BUT this could have to do with peoples feelings toward Traktor themselves.
John Calipari 4:41 PM - 15 February, 2019
Great for performance DJ's and no offense to the art, but what % do Performance DJ's insisting on Motorized platters collectively spend towards the ANNUAL overall revenue in this market as a whole? Pioneer seems to have be doing fine ignoring them altogether.
deejdave 4:51 PM - 15 February, 2019
This is exactly my point. MORE than fine. One of the direct reasons for Pioneers success is not catering to the niche crowds.
HellNegative1 7:00 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
For the most part I 100% agree. While the concept is not all that horrible it is the way it has been produced currently that is not helping its cause. IMO if anything it will be N.I.'s rendition (via Knotrol S4) is more fitting to a modern DJ's wants/needs. Then again from what I'm hearing it's not selling either BUT this could have to do with peoples feelings toward Traktor themselves.

Tey did kinda hit the nail on the head. I love the S4 spinning platter and that it can also be used as a normal jog wheel. I would love to see NI release a version as standalone, but Traktor and VDJ will be the only two pieces of software it will work in due to the current competitive state of the DJ Software Business.
deejdave 8:48 PM - 15 February, 2019
Oh YAH and the haptics? While a bit gimicky it is also very inventive. The lack of freedom of support is unfortunate. I am looking to see a DDJ-1000 for Serato and a Kontrol S4.......... for Serato. Why can't everything be for Serato? TBH with the streaming solutions bridging the gap between the DJ software I am hoping Traktor is just the start of open soundcard support and others follow. Serato Play is a start. I am just hoping it goes even further.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 3:43 AM - 16 February, 2019
The problem with spinning platters (even the S4mk3) stems from the real reason people are attracted to them, they look cool.
That then leads to the issue of how cool do they look for the money?

Same thing is true about displays, RGB pads etc they are really more about the WOW! factor than true functional attributes.
Don't get me wrong it's not that they don't have a real purpose it's just you could survive with or without them so you really look at them differently when looking at cost.

Take the S4 mk3 as an example NI made changes to the unit and added some features that were no where near the top of the list of requested or needed features to try and offer a bells and whistle controller.
That's ok but not when they offered a new version of Traktor with minor changes.

They missed out on the real reason why people are leaving Traktor for Serato or Rekordbox and that is the software.
Once the initial excite of the spinning jogs wore off they were right back where they started.

So did they actually gain anything for their effort?

The original NS7 had a dramatic appeal because it was released at a time when turntables were disappearing so it seemed like a viable alternative.
As it turned out turntables are now plentiful so why emulate?

InMusic is really caught up in a bad equation any success they have is also failure since their brands compete with each other.
They really need to do some brand consolidations or just come up with one brand.
They could take the first letter from all the companies and make a single brand and probably do better than trying to keep all of them afloat in the same market.
John Calipari 5:37 AM - 16 February, 2019
Quote:
I love the S4 spinning platter and that it can also be used as a normal jog wheel. I would love to see NI release a version as standalone, but Traktor and VDJ will be the only two pieces of software it will work in due to the current competitive state of the DJ Software Business.

The NS7 series platters can also be disabled and used as Jogs. In fact, for a lot of old school Dance DJ'S that bought it. the motorized novelty wore off by the end of the day they got it and they used it in Jog Mode 95% of the time thereafter. When they, again, shop for a new controller and retrospect their usage of the NS7 and the cost , why not just get a DDJ-SZ that weight 20-30LBS less and has an industry standard layout?

Another problem is no matter what motorized variety comes out next, those who show serious interest clamor about how it should have been different in about 10 different ways and claim they won't buy it for that particular reason . . . . then recite more shortcomings when the next motorized hardware is released, all the while InMusic losses grow. No wonder Pioneer stays well clear of this.

NI/Traktor does have one big advantage. They are sorta like the antithesis of APPLE living in a Windows world in that those users who switch to NI Hardware, although they are not entirely forced to, they choose to move wholesale to the Traktor ecosystem, basically shift their entire allegiance, . . . which is what Pioneer is working to achieve with Rekorderbox on a much bigger scale with much larger implications to the industry.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:33 PM - 16 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I love the S4 spinning platter and that it can also be used as a normal jog wheel. I would love to see NI release a version as standalone, but Traktor and VDJ will be the only two pieces of software it will work in due to the current competitive state of the DJ Software Business.

The NS7 series platters can also be disabled and used as Jogs. In fact, for a lot of old school Dance DJ'S that bought it. the motorized novelty wore off by the end of the day they got it and they used it in Jog Mode 95% of the time thereafter. When they, again, shop for a new controller and retrospect their usage of the NS7 and the cost , why not just get a DDJ-SZ that weight 20-30LBS less and has an industry standard layout?

Another problem is no matter what motorized variety comes out next, those who show serious interest clamor about how it should have been different in about 10 different ways and claim they won't buy it for that particular reason . . . . then recite more shortcomings when the next motorized hardware is released, all the while InMusic losses grow. No wonder Pioneer stays well clear of this.

NI/Traktor does have one big advantage. They are sorta like the antithesis of APPLE living in a Windows world in that those users who switch to NI Hardware, although they are not entirely forced to, they choose to move wholesale to the Traktor ecosystem, basically shift their entire allegiance, . . . which is what Pioneer is working to achieve with Rekorderbox on a much bigger scale with much larger implications to the industry.

The usual "ah if it was 10 inch"

Why is it battle style?

Etc

Lol.
deejdave 9:06 PM - 16 February, 2019
EXACTLY! It will never be enough because you DON'T REALLY WANT IT!!! LOL
dj_soo 12:07 AM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:

InMusic seems so fractured and it seems that there’s no real overarching vision between the sub brands.

Numark is generally the entry level brand yet there’s the ns6 mk2 - which is essentially competing with the denon mc7000 - and the ns7 which is pretty unique.

Denon should be the high end club brand and yet there’s the mc4000 competing with more entry level gear the 6000 which feels like a legacy product, and he aforementioned 7000. Then they released the SC5000M which kind of competes with the Rane Twelve.

Rane is the high end scratcher/hip hop brand but in a sense, the ns7 is it’s biggest competition.

And there’s no synergy between brands either. The 72 and the mc5000s have issues with compatibility in hid for serato.

Not to mention the wildly different levels of support between brands. Rane’s customer support has been pretty good since the buyout, yet then you have denon - which is still steeped in the shitty support culture of old with lack of transparency, ignoring and not acknowledging customer issues, and the big question mark on whether older and less successful products will at least get bug fixes before being abandoned like so many legacy products in the past