Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MY CPU STAYS FULL AT ALL TIMES!

DJO718 5:38 PM - 22 July, 2017
HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE I BEEN GOING THRU THIS FOR THE PAST MONTH MY CPU METER STAYS FULL WITH RED ON THE START UP... IT TAKES LONGER THAN USUAL FOR EVERYTHING TO LOAD UP. I HAVE A EARLY 2012 MACBOOK PRO 13 INCH
DjSyndic8 6:13 AM - 23 July, 2017
Quote:
HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE I BEEN GOING THRU THIS FOR THE PAST MONTH MY CPU METER STAYS FULL WITH RED ON THE START UP... IT TAKES LONGER THAN USUAL FOR EVERYTHING TO LOAD UP. I HAVE A EARLY 2012 MACBOOK PRO 13 INCH

u need to find out what program is running in the back ground and close it down
especially the programs that start up when you boot your mac up,
DJ Tecniq 11:03 AM - 23 July, 2017
Quote:
sounds like your CPU board is bad. Full red bar on a 2012 Mac Something isn't right there do a pram reset or something either that or your shit is defective.
acemc 12:44 PM - 23 July, 2017
Open activity monitor before you start up SDJ, then monitor it. When u see the cpu usage go full, check what is using all your cpu & shut it down (quit/force quit). If it is Serato causing it, open a ticket with support.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 9:29 PM - 23 July, 2017
Hey DJO718,

The first thing I would suggest would be to run through all the steps in our guide for optimising your computer. This can be found here - support.serato.com

Also, what do you have your USB audio buffer set to? If you move it one or two steps to the right does this help?

If you are still having issues after doing this I would suggest that you get in touch with Serato Support over here - support.serato.com

Cheers.
DJO718 4:39 AM - 13 October, 2019
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
DJ Frustro 12:27 AM - 14 October, 2019
Also, do yourself a favor and take it in to have the CPU thermal paste removed and freshly applied. When CPU overheats, Intel throttles down the speeds to prevent CPU from frying. As speeds go down, programs become super unresponsive and slow, which consumes more CPU cycles, which makes CPU continue to get slower and slower... it's a vicious downhill cycle.

Once you get that fresh thermal paste redone, it'll be back to when you first got it.

But yes, also follow all the other above advice regarding programs consuming CPU cycles.