Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Best choices for Graphics card in a laptop for video editing?

JoeClark 12:52 PM - 21 July, 2017
Hello,

I planing on buying a laptop mainly to do video edits with, sony vegas pro 12, photoshop, adobe after effects and adobe premier. Of course I'll use it daily for web browing too.

Anyways my question is when looking for a laptop that will allow me to render vids easily, with good quality, also that will allow me to see the preview in hd and fluently, without being worried that it'll crash whats the most important thing to look for, RAM, or Didicated Graphic Cards? I chaecked out graphics card video to know which would be the best.I'm not a computer expert, but I do know my fair share please try to make it easy for me to understand.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
DJ Tecniq 5:38 PM - 21 July, 2017
Any 2012 or above 15" MacBook Pro has two video cards. Integrated and dedicated video card for high performance tasks. It will handle just fine.
popnwave 6:45 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Any 2012 or above 15" MacBook Pro has two video cards. Integrated and dedicated video card for high performance tasks. It will handle just fine.

I think Sony Vegas is PC only.

Any PC with a dedicated grphx card from the last 5 years should work fine up to 1080p. If you're dealing with 4K you'll need something 2015+ on with the newer core i5/i7 CPUs along with SSDs if you want to avoid pulling your hair out waiting for things to render.
Rebelguy 7:11 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I think Sony Vegas is PC only.

Any PC with a dedicated grphx card from the last 5 years should work fine up to 1080p. If you're dealing with 4K you'll need something 2015+ on with the newer core i5/i7 CPUs along with SSDs if you want to avoid pulling your hair out waiting for things to render.

You can always use boot camp.

If you want something off the shelf then a Dell XPS 15 would work perfectly.

If you think you will need more then get one custom built for you.
caorese 6:37 AM - 18 July, 2019
Minimum graphics card requirement for a good video editing laptop is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB VRAM or better. Along with graphics, you have to focus on other factors also like minimum 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD or HDD (SSD is preferable), Core i7 and a good display (FHD or 4K).

Reference: mylaptopguide.com