Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato 1.9.7

Blank_Disk 8:58 AM - 21 July, 2017
any clue when the new version will arrive, will it have a proper functioning sampler as the current one is useless.
DjSyndic8 9:48 AM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
any clue when the new version will arrive, will it have a proper functioning sampler as the current one is useless.

whats wrong with the current sampler?
DJ Tecniq 3:38 PM - 21 July, 2017
I heard they are working with Virtual DJ for 1.9.7 it will have Spotify integration and automix tracks for you it's gonna blow up!
mixgoonie 4:18 PM - 21 July, 2017
Really hard to believe ;)
DJ ANGEL 1 4:31 PM - 21 July, 2017
HOW BOUT HAVING YOUR CREATES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:39 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:

This is possible already
DJ ANGEL 1 4:40 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

This is possible already

how ?
Blank_Disk 8:58 PM - 1 August, 2017
ok the sampler can not take samples on the fly while mixing, it can only use a track that is already edited (cut to size etc), I used to use traktor you could take a sample direct from deck corresponding to loop size, if you cant chop bits out of a track on the fly its not really a sampler its just another deck.
Blank_Disk 9:00 PM - 1 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

a sampler by definition takes a sample from a track, the serato sampler can not do this you have to edit samples before had.
Telony Ex 2:24 AM - 2 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

a sampler by definition takes a sample from a track, the serato sampler can not do this you have to edit samples before had.

Do this. Turn instant double on. Set loop on a playing track. Save that loop. Then drag plsying track to sampler slot. Ur loop is now ssmoled. Best if all. Go to advance in sampler mode and ubsee from each slot it says start from. What ever cue or loop. No need to chop up. Hope that helps. Wirks fir me.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:30 AM - 2 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do this. Turn instant double on. Set loop on a playing track. Save that loop. Then drag plsying track to sampler slot. Ur loop is now ssmoled. Best if all. Go to advance in sampler mode and ubsee from each slot it says start from. What ever cue or loop. No need to chop up. Hope that helps. Wirks fir me.

You're right, this is a great work-around to be able to load samples created from a track to the sample player on the fly. More on how this works here: support.serato.com
Mr. Goodkat 4:19 AM - 2 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not always true. there are different kinds of sampler. for the most part sp6 works like a phrase sampler.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:21 AM - 2 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right, this is a great work-around to be able to load samples created from a track to the sample player on the fly. More on how this works here: support.serato.com

Great tip. I often use a spare deck 3/4 for doing that especially when I'm using a looped portion of another full length track as a sample. I will try it out with the sampler today
kvnkrz 4:25 PM - 3 August, 2017
I think 1.9.7 will include Denon's PRIME players and x1800. Maybe the numark ns6ii? Mixars's new mixers?
Chino 7:15 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:

Do this. Turn instant double on. Set loop on a playing track. Save that loop. Then drag playing track to sampler slot. Your loop is now ssmoled. Best if all. Go to advance in sampler mode and ubsee from each slot it says start from. What ever cue or loop. No need to chop up. Hope that helps. Woks for me.

+1000. GREAT TIP!!!
Blank_Disk 7:41 AM - 15 August, 2017
very useful , had no idea you could do this, I was expecting push to sampler like some of the competing software does, but that very much appreciated.
Blank_Disk 10:52 AM - 17 October, 2017
I did notice 1 issue with this and that is you can only create 1 sample, as if you select a different point to loop it changed the previously created sample, but its stil la workaround we never had.
Telony Ex 9:15 PM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
I did notice 1 issue with this and that is you can only create 1 sample, as if you select a different point to loop it changed the previously created sample, but its stil la workaround we never had.

Not really. Remember u can crate and save up to eight loops. So you can technically creat eight sample from a track. Just put the same track on a different sample bank and select a different loop to start from. Good luck.
DJ ANGEL 1 4:58 PM - 22 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is possible already

how ?

??? HOW YOU DO IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME
DeeJay Fingers 10:42 PM - 22 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: