Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

PULSELOCKER Queries

DJ Marv the Maverick 8:48 AM - 21 July, 2017
I just signed up for the trial seeing that the library mess is sorted i.e no more covers etc

I used the recommended SOUNDIIZ premium to convert a few of my Spotify playlists to Pulselocker, I also created a playlist via Pulselocker website.

How long does it take for the playlists created externally i.e using Pulselocker web to show up in Serato?

The name of the playlist is there in my Crates tree but no tracks in the individual crates/playlist.

If i check the web i can see and play the playlist tracks but no joy yet in Serato. I have tried restarting Serato a couple of times still no joy.

Just wondering
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:58 AM - 21 July, 2017
Loggin off and on pulselocker within Serato seems to have done the trick. Happy days. Clunky service requiring the patience of a saint.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:59 AM - 21 July, 2017
getting a couple of "failed to download" messages.
deejdave 1:22 AM - 23 July, 2017
"failed to download" message via Soundiiz or Serato? Pulselocker will at times not have (or YES even visa versa) tracks that Deezer, Spotify, etc. may have and this will cause a error message via soundiiz.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:57 AM - 23 July, 2017
Quote:
"failed to download" message via Soundiiz or Serato? Pulselocker will at times not have (or YES even visa versa) tracks that Deezer, Spotify, etc. may have and this will cause a error message via soundiiz.

the message is in Serato.

Had a fair few dropouts today with Pulselocker active.
I wasn't pulling tracks from the crowd as I had WiFi off. I was planning to use the offline ones if I had to.

The dropout lights didn't come on when the audio was acting up.

I had to turn off Pulselocker, and do a restart mid gig.
Will08272 6:00 PM - 23 July, 2017
Ive jumped on using pulselocker and soundiiz for sometime now and have been suggesting several things to both teams. So because of my super ocd i always do checks to see if songs are matched properly. In checking have noticed that there are matches that are completely off or a live version of a song, also clean and dirty variations are hit and miss sometimes. Usually a playlist thats added in soundiiz to pulselocker will appear in the next launch of SDJ for me.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:14 PM - 23 July, 2017
I didn't bother cross referencing to see if they match...the few I have played are the right versions. I noticed many 256kbps too. Thought 320 was the advertised bitrate. but they sound good though.
Will08272 6:54 PM - 23 July, 2017
Just reread the thread and noticed about the long load times for tracks, for me the issue comes when i dont have an internet connection it takes 5 mins or even longer to load the music to where it would be playable either downloaded or listed as stream only. When i have an internet connection within 30 secs everything is loaded both downloaded tracks and stream only. Mind you i have a 1000+ tracks as well so i feel it is by design.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:03 PM - 23 July, 2017
So internet connection is advised even to play offline tracks?
Will08272 7:11 PM - 23 July, 2017
Not necessarily, i reached out to the folks at pulselocker and sent them videos, they are looking into it. But whether by design or just working with an assumption that the user would always have a internet connection. Loading SDJ without a connection, the pulselocker files take some time to load. Loading SDJ with a connection this "issue" is non existent.
deejdave 8:04 PM - 23 July, 2017
This is interesting stuff. I have noticed once or twice PL was unusable entirely (for me) due to a weak internet connection and this did include offline songs. It was not just causing load issues but ussues for sdj as a whole. Even took like three minutes to turn off after Unclicking "show pulselocker library" option within menu. Again this will never be an issue for me as I will never rely on streaming for songs I plan to keep but this should absolutely be looked at. Do either of you happen to use Rekordbox? I'd be curious to see if the same issue happens there. VDJ has pulselocker as well but I fear it may be the same hacked "support" they offer for Spotify and not worth the time to troubleshoot as the third party (PL in this case) will not even offer support if there is no actual licensing etc.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:10 PM - 23 July, 2017
I noticed the delay in deactivating Pulselocker in Serato too when I was trying to trouble shoot the drop outs.

Ive got Rekordbox I'm not too familiar with it as such as I am with Serato. I will check out how Pulselocker works in it.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:52 PM - 23 July, 2017
so activated Pulselocker in Rekordbox and it's downloading all the tracks I had as offline in Serato.

This is not good.

Looking around to see a Stream Only option in Rekordbox, can't find any option to stream only
Will08272 4:05 AM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
so activated Pulselocker in Rekordbox and it's downloading all the tracks I had as offline in Serato.

This is not good.

Looking around to see a Stream Only option in Rekordbox, can't find any option to stream only

Seeing as how there is a pulselocker folder within the main Serato folder on one's drive it makes sense that your experience would be the case, it seems that each application has it's own directory for pulselocker files.

The best solution for those that use different applications would be to have one directory or as i suggested to them via twitter a desktop application from which we can make and edit playlists and metadata and have the DJ programs read from the folder where the files are stored.
Will08272 4:09 AM - 24 July, 2017
Forgot to mention, i wonder if moving the files that are stored in the Pulselocker folder in the main serato folder will allow Rekordbox to see those files. Obviously it is not ideal to do this but would be interesting to see what occurs and how the metadata is read.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:58 AM - 17 August, 2017
When is Pulselocker going to be available in other parts of Europe?

I thought the point of having the EU thing.

UK is on it, Germany, France it is available

I live in Ireland and its not available at least to pay for.

Used a Vpn to sign up for the demo but when it comes to paying for a subscription I can't as they have a drop menu for countries at check out

PayPal option might have helped but they don't accept PayPal yet
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 1:19 AM - 10 October, 2017
hi, have any of you noticed slow searching when pulselocker is active, this is with internet on or off. as soon as turned off, even with 35k songs in itunes, all is smooth,

thoughts?
thank you