Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Denon DN-HC1000S MIDI MAPPING

ScorpioRoadshow 11:00 PM - 16 July, 2017
Hello Fellow Deejay's!

I have read through several discussions and haven't been able to find anyone with Midi Mapping for Denon DN-HC1000S which is compatible with Serato DJ 1.6.0 or latest. Is this even available as I've continued to use Scratch Live but would like to update it to Serato DJ, but would also like to use the DN-HC1000S. Your assistance is appreciated.
938MyDJ 3:15 AM - 17 July, 2017
It's natively supported with SDJ... very similar from SL if not exactly the same.
R-A-C 12:40 PM - 17 July, 2017
and if you don't like the DJ mapping you can map everything at will yourself
ScorpioRoadshow 1:06 AM - 18 July, 2017
Thanks everyone. I updated my laptop from the old OS X to El Capitan. I've downloaded the SL4 drivers as well. So, I got the SL4 working, but it works for a few seconds and freezes up on me. Also, when I plug in the DN-HC1000S, it detects it but since the program freezes up, it stops working as well. I have installed the latest Serato DJ 1.9.6 - Please help as I have a gig tomorrow and need to run it.
R-A-C 2:12 AM - 18 July, 2017
did you uninstall the old sl4 drivers first?
ScorpioRoadshow 2:24 AM - 18 July, 2017
No, I just updated them when Serato DJ loaded up. It gives you the option to update them.
ScorpioRoadshow 4:21 AM - 18 July, 2017
Now Serato DJ is working just fine, but when I connect my Denon DN-HC1000S I'm getting an error message that reads:

Error loading MIDI Xml: Users/scorpioroadshow/Music/_Serato_/MIDI/Xml/AUTO_SAVE.xml

How do I correct this to use the Denon Midi controller?
R-A-C 1:04 PM - 18 July, 2017
just delete the AUTO_SAVE.xml file
ScorpioRoadshow 12:37 AM - 19 July, 2017
R-A-C - that worked! Thank you for your help and thanks to everyone else!
R-A-C 2:51 AM - 19 July, 2017
my pleasure. glad you got it working
DJ Matty Stiles 6:23 PM - 20 July, 2017
Glad you got it working. I love me denon but I upgraded to the new pioneer and it works great. You should consider upgrading too. Reloop neons are also an option
R-A-C 10:01 PM - 20 July, 2017
Quote:
You should consider upgrading too.

if he's happy with the denon why should he upgrade? further i'd take a denon over anything pioneer any day and reloop ... well ... going from denon to reloop? not so much :-P
DJ Matty Stiles 7:35 AM - 21 July, 2017
I personally went from denon to pioneer DDJ-SP1 because it had way more features and it was purposely built with serato DJ in mind (not scratch live). Love the bigger pads, love the effects control. Love the size.

The build quality of the denon is fantastic, its built like a tank. Its just a little awkward to place for me because of its smaller brickier size and theres a few features such as effects which are lacking for me.

If the OP is content with his denon then theres no reason to upgrade. It is however an option for him which should not go unnoticed. At the very least he should know know its out there. I said he should consider, not that he should, or ought to upgrade.
ScorpioRoadshow 1:03 AM - 22 July, 2017
I'm sorry to say, it's started again. Now when I plug in the DN-HC1000S controller, there is a latency issue with Serato. The track starts half a second late... really don't understand what's going on.
R-A-C 1:52 AM - 22 July, 2017
try hooking up the denon before you start sdj
ScorpioRoadshow 1:58 AM - 22 July, 2017
Dude you're the man!!! That worked!
R-A-C 6:22 PM - 22 July, 2017
happy to help. denon + sl4 is a great combination ... have fun :-)
DJ Matty Stiles 3:01 AM - 23 July, 2017
Can I ask you guys where you put your units? And what stand you use?
DJ JayStarSeven 1:44 AM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Can I ask you guys where you put your units? And what stand you use?

I have just beneath my djm-909, just in between the turntables and close to the crossfader, stashed on three used serato vinyls... Awesome position in every way for both scrolling tracks and work the cue points.